Experiences with non-techies

I think it's a 3620 not 100 percent sure. A lot of kids like to play counter strike on them during lunch :P

Counter Strike runs on a Radeon 7000 and 256MB of System RAM.

My English teacher really makes me mad with her stupidity at times. She's the kind of person who never uses their documents folder and stores EVERYTHING on their DESKTOP. Disorganized and lazy with computers.

The other day, we all had to do presentations and she asked us to share our Google doc or whatever we made with her so she could easily open them in Google Drive (At least she uses that)

One kid brings in a USB stick and she yells "Oh look, Jack is old school!" At this point I nearly flip my desk over as I'm sick and tired of hearing her remarks.

Another time she almost failed a kid because she thought that he hadn't handed in his assignment, but he really just sent it to her email instead of her drive and she somehow didn't see it for 2 weeks. Bravo.

@kingzogan

My English teacher only uses Google Drive and never uses ANY OTHER APPLICATION ON HER COMPUTER.

Famous quote:

Did you Google it to me? (meaning "did you sent it to m on Drive?")

My English teacher really makes me mad with her stupidity at times. She's the kind of person who never uses their documents folder and stores EVERYTHING on their DESKTOP. Disorganized and lazy with computers.

The other day, we all had to do presentations and she asked us to share our Google doc or whatever we made with her so she could easily open them in Google Drive (At least she uses that)

One kid brings in a USB stick and she yells "Oh look, Jack is old school!" At this point I nearly flip my desk over as I'm sick and tired of hearing her remarks.

Another time she almost failed a kid because she thought that he hadn't handed in his assignment, but he really just sent it to her email instead of her drive and she somehow didn't see it for 2 weeks. Bravo.

Yikes! I'm glad most of the teachers in my school know the basics :/

Life.exe is missing

You mean she instructed the student to put the assignment file on a specific folder in Google Drive that they have shared with the teacher and the student decided to email the assignment?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_operating_procedure

Sounds like someone needs to learn how to follow directions.

Last week, my Bio teacher was out so we had to watch a video about the evolution of hominids (humans) and, as always, I was drafted to start up the video. In the classroom, videos are played with a dvd player connected to a reciver which is then connected to the projector. Due to everything not working because it was set up terribly and I had no idea what everything should be set to, I couldn't get it to work. I was messing around with it for a few minutes when one of the people who thinks they know things about computers and is a massive apple fanboy suggested  that i "try using the computer speakers, [the teacher] used them when playing videos before." I shut him up, telling him that they were connected to the computer (using the front panel I/O) and wouldn't work. I ended up resorting to using the computer to play it instead of the dvd player. 

Tomorrow I will have a great story for you guys. Fresh of the press too if everything goes as planned and everyone in my English class is as clueless about modeling as I think they are. Basically we had to write an extended metaphor and I wrote mine about modeling since it's fun and something I enjoy doing. (Also I get to troll my English class :D ) I'm very much a beginner but I learned a ton as a result of trying to and eventually joining an actual development team.

Anyways I'll have a good laugh when everyone in the class will be a confused fool since they will be thinking about modeling https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_%28profession%29 instead of modeling https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_model

Of the 15ish friends and other people that I tried to confuse by saying that I model only about 2 of them thought of the right terminology. I should probably disown the rest but at least it makes me quite confident that I'll have a good laugh tomorrow. I really need one this week. (I have too many tests that make my life miserable :( )

Apple fanboys much = my school...

Once the fanboys get me going I get real pissed off at them...you don't know...

Some of my friends are apple fanboys (about 3-5ish) I try to not bring up the subject since I find their friendship benefitial to me...

Anyways when I got my S4 (My frist Andriod phone, used an iphone 4 before that) one of my apple friends that ACTUALLY built a pc and watches LTT and TekSyndicate (mostly only their reviews) said:

I want a phone not a tablet.

I nearly lost my mind since a large phone screen is much better than that tiny screen that an iphone 4 has...

Also i installed CyanogenMod and I got to say it's amazing. Only thing that bugs me is no shake to undo :( All phones should have that but I guess Apple patented that.... (Lets trash the patent system :D )

Guy on youtube that made the "Why PC Gaming Sucks" Vids a few pages back. I commented on someone saying that you couldn't build a console, Will coll this guy chad and the other guys's (the troll) username was Let the fan boys rage!

Basically Let the fan boys rage said go get a job at sony/microsoft to build a console. Like what? How many people are gonna be able to get a job at either company and even then you wouldn't be able to build a console. I told him what 15 year old would be able to do this. After saying this he reply's "what 15 year old wan't to build a PC?"

I'm smart enough to not say anything after that. Although I should have never said anything givin the other comments.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Guy on youtube that made the "Why PC Gaming Sucks" Vids a few pages back. I commented on someone saying that you couldn't build a console, Will coll this guy chad and the other guys's (the troll) username was Let the fan boys rage!

Basically Let the fan boys rage said go get a job at sony/microsoft to build a console. Like what? How many people are gonna be able to get a job at either company and even then you wouldn't be able to build a console. I told him what 15 year old would be able to do this. After saying this he reply's "what 15 year old wan't to build a PC?"

I'm smart enough to not say anything after that. Although I should have never said anything givin the other comments.

Do you even understand what a troll is?

Do you even understand what a troll is?

Yes but I always feel like I have to prove a point.  :unsure: I should probably just let trolls be trolls like I used to.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Yes but I always feel like I have to prove a point.  :unsure: I should probably just let trolls be trolls like I used to.

Me too.

Some annoying brat commented on my setup video, saying the standard stupid stuff like "All you need is 8GB of ram for gaming" and "why an i7 thats useless" when he doesn't even bother to read the perfectly layed out description explaining WHY I have the parts that I do. I even put at the top of the description for anyone scrolling down to see: "PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION BEFORE QUESTIONING MY CHOICE OF PARTS!" But no, he's still going to talk stereotypical shit.

Reason I'm getting so worked up about this is because he has annoyed me several times in the past, and I really just want to block him from my channel.

Link to this page, if you want to see his comments.

EDIT: Banned him from the channel and deleted the comments. Ridiculous.

Some annoying brat commented on my setup video, saying the standard stupid stuff like "All you need is 8GB of ram for gaming" and "why an i7 thats useless" when he doesn't even bother to read the perfectly layed out description explaining WHY I have the parts that I do. I even put at the top of the description for anyone scrolling down to see: "PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION BEFORE QUESTIONING MY CHOICE OF PARTS!" But no, he's still going to talk stereotypical shit.

Reason I'm getting so worked up about this is because he has annoyed me several times in the past, and I really just want to block him from my channel.

Link to this page, if you want to see his comments.

Drools over @Kingzoan's PC...... Them MC shot doe!

Drools over @Kingzoan's PC...... Them MC shot doe!

Shaders at 5760x1080 with 40fps... or one screen at 90 =D

Shaders at 5760x1080 with 40fps... or one screen at 90 =D

I may or may not convince my friend to let you join our realm server....

Alright now that I am on my beautiful PC *cough not cough* I will tell you what happened with the troll.

A few pages back somebody, I think it was @tmccelland455, made a post about girls and lipsticks. The offending user apparently was ticked off by this and made an account to combat it. She wrote something about "that irl is me bae bitch" and @ElfFriend and I stated that her obsessive use of acronyms like "bae" and hashtags made her look like a moron considering that this is a high-end forum where intelligent communication takes place and we don't do things like that. She wrote back (mind you, I quote this) "giving no fvcks tbh" in pink Courier New, 24-point.

I then wrote something (I don't remember what) and she posted a .GIF of some girl with pink hair doing some weird dance, at which point  I replied, "Mother Mary, are you serious?" and mentioned the name of a moderator. Within 3 minutes of that post she was banned.

Let's move on with life. 

I just remembered. You forgot the part where she says something along the lines of "I hope you pc gets aids" or something idiotic like that...

Also she broke standard forum rules by posting a NSFW image. That was when i replied with something like "Banhammer incomming" and about 2-3 posts later WinNut summoned a mod that brought the hammer down. Guess terrytek saw the future when he said

What if non techies saw this thread? *straight face*

Anyways thought I'd add what I remember for your enjoyment as this forum was created for laughing at nontechies :D

I just remembered. You forgot the part where she says something along the lines of "I hope you pc gets aids" or something idiotic like that...

Also she broke standard forum rules by posting a NSFW image. That was when i replied with something like "Banhammer incomming" and about 2-3 posts later WinNut summoned a mod that brought the hammer down. Guess terrytek saw the future when he said

Anyways thought I'd add what I remember for your enjoyment as this forum was created for laughing at nontechies :D

One would have to wonder how the hell she got onto this forum in the first place.

Don't worry it happens here, "Android is the worst thing!" They call my HTC One (M7) a tablet just because the iPhone 4 is the size of the screen. Then they complain about how bad it takes drops as they THROW THEM IN THE AIR AND LET THEM SMASH INTO PAVEMENT WITHOUT CASES. Richie Rich parents much? Good grief you know how hard it was for me to even get this phone? I've had to pay for every upgrade in my computer..

Also someone in my class was complaining about how bad the school computers were. I tell him, "We realize they're slow, they weren't built to run fast. Besides that smashed phone in your pocket probably won't outperform it." He said, "Yes it will!" Gets mad at computer and starts smashing computer just because some go into boot options for Windows 7. How many rants to I have to stop myself from..?

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Don't worry it happens here, "Android is the worst thing!" They call my HTC One (M7) a tablet just because the iPhone 4 is the size of the screen. Then they complain about how bad it takes drops as they THROW THEM IN THE AIR AND LET THEM SMASH INTO PAVEMENT WITHOUT CASES. Richie Rich parents much? Good grief you know how hard it was for me to even get this phone? I've had to pay for every upgrade in my computer..

Also someone in my class was complaining about how bad the school computers were. I tell him, "We realize they're slow, they weren't built to run fast. Besides that smashed phone in your pocket probably won't outperform it." He said, "Yes it will!" Gets mad at computer and starts smashing computer just because some go into boot options for Windows 7. How many rants to I have to stop myself from..?

Windows could automatically repair your school contac the manufacturer for more information.

Windows could automatically repair your school contac the manufacturer for more information.

Not when it is pirated running Vista drivers like I said in an older post. Don't think Microsoft would be too happy about a school doing that with Windows.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I don't remember if i said this before or not but every single teacher at my school has the projector projecting there screen at least 8 inches from the center of the smart board, and then they always complain about how the smart boards are stupid because they don't "write where they point"....

Armi does not discriminate he hates everyone equally.

I don't remember if i said this before or not but every single teacher at my school has the projector projecting there screen at least 8 inches from the center of the smart board, and then they always complain about how the smart boards are stupid because they don't "write where they point"....

Most of them don't know how to calibrate them either... whether it's to drag or tap.

Macbook fanboy much school? I hate these debates of Mac/PC at school. And I get annoyingly stupid questions about macs, like, "I used my dad's HP charger to charge my Macbook, but it doesn't work. Why?" Well I'll tell you why! YOU CAN'T USE ANY OTHER FUCKING CHARGER OTHER THAN FUCKING APPLE'S!!!! GOD FUCK YOU STUPID PEOPLE!

#rant

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D