Experiences with non-techies

Tell him to put his Minecraft local resources on a RAMDisk.

Tell him to put his Minecraft local resources on a RAMDisk.

O.o woah. That would run fast..... Might try that. (Unless your kidding as I do not now if that would work)

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

O.o woah. That would run fast..... Might try that. (Unless your kidding as I do not now if that would work)

You'd need to backup the resources to a non-volatile storage if you "plan" on turning off the computer and restore it next time you boot.

Maybe find a way to tell Minecraft to read from the RAMDisk, but use your HDD for data that needs to be written. Or some sort of auto-backup system.

You'd need to backup the resources to a non-volatile storage if you "plan" on turning off the computer and restore it next time you boot.

Maybe find a way to tell Minecraft to read from the RAMDisk, but use your HDD for data that needs to be written. Or some sort of auto-backup system.

You could tell it to save the modifications to the RAMdisk at shutdown, and have the virtual drive loaded to memory at boot. I did it once with Chrome.

You could tell it to save the modifications to the RAMdisk at shutdown, and have the virtual drive loaded to memory at boot. I did it once with Chrome.

My brain hurts....... I am not familer enough with computers yet... Anyway back on topic. But if you guys want to tell me more ONE of you make a PM

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

My brain hurts....... I am not familer enough with computers yet... Anyway back on topic. But if you guys want to tell me more ONE of you make a PM

Add me too!

Maybe the more sane ones, but when you get into the psychotic ones, things like "dislike" or "hate" are either meaningless or caused by something abnormal.

gfs_174053_1_1.jpg

Ooooh I thought he was talking about hitler.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

My experience with a non techie was when someone wanted me to make their computer faster. It was an early 2000's emachines with 512mb of ram and a 2.6ghz celeron processor.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

He was.

My experience with a non techie was when someone wanted me to make their computer faster. It was an early 2000's emachines with 512mb of ram and a 2.6ghz celeron processor.

Linux.

He was.

Linux.

How about DOS? Or does Linux use less power?

Talking to this kid on Facebook as we speak:

"Dude I'm getting this new computer."

"Specs?"

"i7 4930k, 64GB RAM, GTX 780."

"What games do you expect to play?!"

"Minecraft."

#killmenow

Someone should like give that computer to someone who needs a computer that doesn't crash on normal gaming sessions. Oh praise the almighty gaming gods to get me money for my computer. That way I'll actually be able to play games I want. Or get a cheaper rig and give me the extra funds.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Yep.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Does MS let you download DOS?

I think they released it for free download a little while ago

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Really? I'm surprised MS doesn't charge $100 for it like Windows 7 and 8. 

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Really? I'll have to take a look at that, so that I can maybe get some life for my old and slow piece of sh... Compaq Evo N800v laptop. It's battery still lasts for almost an hour and the battery is original... How the heck has it survived that long?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Blame her for having the Lappy turned on.  The components are fine getting wet it is power going through te components that cause a problem.

See this video of someone actually immersing a MB in water then letting it dry ou (not enough at first) then powering it on, no probs.

http://youtu.be/ZTGar7aoLDs?t=1m38s

thats all good and well but according to her the pc was on at the time, she doesnt have the knowledge i have(she works at pc world so you know she doesnt know anything). Getting water on electronics is fine, unless its on then you have a problem.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Tell her to stop being such a drunk and take responsibility for her mistake.

Hey now just because she drinks alcohol doesnt mean she is drunk, i not siding with her but there is no evidence of that, last thing id do is be rude, if it was an average customer then they can go die but sadly its my relative so i cant do that, my parents would end me.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Hey now just because she drinks alcohol doesnt mean she is drunk, i not siding with her but there is no evidence of that, last thing id do is be rude, if it was an average customer then they can go die but sadly its my relative so i cant do that, my parents would end me.

Tell her she's only allowed to drink wine at the table from a sippy cup until she can prove she is responsible enough to use the sippy cup away from the table.

I have a few:

• My brothers motherboard broke, and my dad tried to fix it by putting it in the freezer overnight. it didn't fixed it. :rolleyes:
  • My dad alsways complains that his computer is slow, and after asking him several times if I should help him with upgrading it, he replies with " oh its fine" .
  • A friend told me he wanted a new computer, and asked me if I could help him pick the parts.
    after asking what he wants and what hes gonna use it for, I picked some parts and send it to him, then he said, " oh, but I want a laptop"

she works at pc world so you know she doesnt know anything

:lol:

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

• My brothers motherboard broke, and my dad tried to fix it by putting it in the freezer overnight. it didn't fixed it. :rolleyes:

Possibly some half remembered folk lore about putting hard drives in freezers to get them to work one last time.

CAN actually work, but it is a bit of a "hail mary" try.

Have heard of putting MBs in the oven to make the solder flow again to 'repair' them , Have never actually done it nor do I know anyone who has but have heard of the practise.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

My friend thinks PCs are the new Hitler.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

My friend thinks PCs are the new Hitler.

If you actually apply that analogy to how the actual Hitler was(not the metaphorical Hitler), it's quite amusing to apply those attributes to a PC.

He has an overzealous Anti-Malware program?