Experiences with non-techies

2 hours ago, DocSwag said:

As BingoFishy once said:

The best protection against Malware is Linux+Antimalware software....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 hours ago, DocSwag said:

The best protection against malware is YOU!

unless you are

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

just saw some video which a 1 subscriber can create with 87 million views and the owner has 5 million subscribers.

oh god it's much worse than the wolfylava crap i had done in 2014, lmao.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

13 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Skyrim and Fallout 4 - 8GB of RAM usage because Windows 10 decides that it wants to use more RAM than Windows 7, while managing it more poorly.

I have enough ram don't worry..

Getting 1x8gb soon.. Now do i run 16gb of Mismatched 1600mhz cas9 or 32gb of mismatched 1333mhz cas11

9 hours ago, DocSwag said:

I'm pretty sure it's a 6 :D 

9.3.3?

(What I'm trying to say is is it jailbroken?)

5 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

unless you are

image.png

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

41 minutes ago, themctipers said:

9.3.3?

Oh no there's no way it's jail broken lol.

All the people I know at my school that I could imagine jail breaking their phone are already on Android :D.

Well... Except for one. He's one of those MLG360 HAXOR kids that really doesn't know much. He bought a $100+ premium account on a website that lets you ddos stuff through the website (basically you're paying the website to ddos stuff for you) and as far as I know all he did was ddos the school wifi, shutting it down for a few minutes.

He also decided that Linux is much better than macOS... So he downloaded it and put it on a VM on his computer. I honestly have no idea why he did it. Everything he needs to do on his computer could easily be done on macOS, plus sometimes we need to use word or excel on our computers, and you need to use Wine to do that on Linux. That's not to mention that the fps of him scrolling through a website was probably below 15... He probably didn't allocate enough ram. A few other kids also did the same thing he did and they let me take a look and help change some settings and I'm pretty sure the default amount of ram allocated was 1gb xD. He tried to look so computer cool by running Linux, but he didn't even realize he didn't allocate enough ram.

Needless to say, I'm pretty sure that whole Linux on a VM thing started and ended on the same day :D.

I'm pretty sure his phone isn't jailbroken, but if it was:

1) I probably would have found out by now because of him telling everyone how MLG HAXOR he is.

2) He probably would have had 9.3.3 and then "accidentally" updated to iOS 10 and screwed everything up :P.

You totally reminded me of MLG360 HAXOR. If more funny experiences I have with him come up in the future I'll totally post them.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

photo_2016-10-26_16-49-47.jpg

i miss this , intel OEM boards are just good 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

12 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

photo_2016-10-26_16-49-47.jpg

i miss this , intel OEM boards are just good 

lmfao 

2 hours ago, DocSwag said:

Oh no there's no way it's jail broken lol.

All the people I know at my school that I could imagine jail breaking their phone are already on Android :D.

Well... Except for one. He's one of those MLG360 HAXOR kids that really doesn't know much. He bought a $100+ premium account on a website that lets you ddos stuff through the website (basically you're paying the website to ddos stuff for you) and as far as I know all he did was ddos the school wifi, shutting it down for a few minutes.

He also decided that Linux is much better than macOS... So he downloaded it and put it on a VM on his computer. I honestly have no idea why he did it. Everything he needs to do on his computer could easily be done on macOS, plus sometimes we need to use word or excel on our computers, and you need to use Wine to do that on Linux. That's not to mention that the fps of him scrolling through a website was probably below 15... He probably didn't allocate enough ram. A few other kids also did the same thing he did and they let me take a look and help change some settings and I'm pretty sure the default amount of ram allocated was 1gb xD. He tried to look so computer cool by running Linux, but he didn't even realize he didn't allocate enough ram.

Needless to say, I'm pretty sure that whole Linux on a VM thing started and ended on the same day :D.

I'm pretty sure his phone isn't jailbroken, but if it was:

1) I probably would have found out by now because of him telling everyone how MLG HAXOR he is.

2) He probably would have had 9.3.3 and then "accidentally" updated to iOS 10 and screwed everything up :P.

You totally reminded me of MLG360 HAXOR. If more funny experiences I have with him come up in the future I'll totally post them.

lol

everyone is jailbroken here, however they have like one package installed (which i can tell you is illegal because app downloader) 

i may or may not have been involved on sharing that with everyone.. :P 

also you cant just update to ios whatever when you're jailbroken, you have to deliberately do that with itunes and even that that, that will brick your phone because it modifies system files that itunes fucks up..

also, i used to be like that when i was 10.. needless to say, the idiots around me now act like mlg hacker 420 6969 stuff now.. ugh

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

15 hours ago, cesrai said:

Teach me please.

What do you exactly mean by that ? I^mean you can find this Information you wanna know simply by your one !

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

19 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Ummm..  Not to make myself the next dead "witch" but why does everyone hate internet explorer so much?  

you must be too young to remember IE6

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

Windows xp...Yeah that was my main browser.. And so was safari ?

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

21 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I'm 29 sooo..  Maybe?

Was that the default for Windows XP?    If it was then I probably did use it a long time ago.

2 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'm 29 sooo..  Maybe?

Was that the default for Windows XP?    If it was then I probably did use it a long time ago.

um... no that's definitely old enough... 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

28 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

um... no that's definitely old enough... 

I can't decide if I should be happy or not about that.  ? lol

4 hours ago, Pascal... said:

What do you exactly mean by that ? I^mean you can find this Information you wanna know simply by your one !

Ehhh.... I guess you didn't read what I quoted then. Also, you second sentence makes no sense and why ^ ?? is that a Switzerland thing ? 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

5 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

And 7 and 8 and 9 and 10 and 11

11 hours ago, themctipers said:

I have enough ram don't worry..

Getting 1x8gb soon.. Now do i run 16gb of Mismatched 1600mhz cas9 or 32gb of mismatched 1333mhz cas11

9.3.3?

You could do what I did, a kit of DDR3 1333, then a random stick of DDR3 1333 and DDR3 1600 (as for the latency-FIIK).

PMSL

On 10/26/2016 at 7:56 PM, Dabombinable said:

You could do what I did, a kit of DDR3 1333, then a random stick of DDR3 1333 and DDR3 1600 (as for the latency-FIIK).

and you know what i have?

DDR3 1333 (Cas11) (two sticks, 8gb each)

DDR3 1600 (Cas9) (one stick, 8gb)

so it runs at 1333mhz cas11.. k

also: 

apple discord of the week?

5d2afcb7a5cd62bafe7d73b4138c6aec.png

pretty sure my 2010 desktop aged better than your 2011 macbook. :D 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

On 10/25/2016 at 4:42 PM, BingoFishy said:

Once again, not completely non-techie (reread what you type, people!) but still come on.

Capture.PNG

EDIT: This was for my health class.

Is that Canvas?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 hour ago, themctipers said:

and you know what i have?

DDR3 1333 (Cas11) (two sticks, 8gb each)

DDR3 1600 (Cas9) (one stick, 8gb)

so it runs at 1333mhz cas11.. k

also: 

apple discord of the week?

5d2afcb7a5cd62bafe7d73b4138c6aec.png

pretty sure my 2010 desktop aged better than your 2011 macbook. :D 

Lol, my 2007 based desktop would have aged better. Penryn uad cores at 3GHz stock, 4GHz overclcoked flog the shit out of Nehalem and Sandybridge hyperthreaded dual cores.

PMSL

3 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Lol, my 2007 based desktop would have aged better. Penryn uad cores at 3GHz stock, 4GHz overclcoked flog the shit out of Nehalem and Sandybridge hyperthreaded dual cores.

I agree with you and with OrionBeast too. I just don't agree much with Apple beacuse WHO THE F**K SPENDS AROUND 1200$ ON A COMPUTER WHICH COULD BE 200$

Apple is great unless you want to game, benchmark or want to spend little i swear apple fanboys think it's a great price, god d*mnit lol no

4 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I agree with you and with OrionBeast too. I just don't agree much with Apple beacuse WHO THE F**K SPENDS AROUND 1200$ ON A COMPUTER WHICH COULD BE 200$

Funny thing about that, I got 7GB of DDR2 800 (overclockable to 1066MHz)+My X5450+P5K VM+case&PSU for less than $200. With the GTX 650ti OC 2GB costing about the same.

PMSL

the new macbook pros dont even have FN keys anymore :P took em lots of Courage

PSU Tier list

1 hour ago, Space Reptile said:

the new macbook pros dont even have FN keys anymore :P took em lots of Courage

Did they move the functions that they used to perform to other dedicated buttons or that touch bar thing? Or did they just eliminate media and volume and brightness control keys? xD so elegant...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.