Just some thoughts about the YouTube channel

friede

Hi Guys,

I've been following the youtube-Channel for a while now and I really like the work of the whole team. I like the dynamic between each of you (as far as I can tell as an ordinary YouTube watching guy). The reviews are great and sometimes exciting. But ... (there is always a but) Often when I check my subscribed channels for new videos, I see that there is 'just' another video of a graphics card, case, gaming gear or other gaming related products. I think you guys have the expertise to do more 'serious' stuff beside the gaming topic, the 'fast as possible'-series shows me that.

How about building a server on a reasonable budget, comfortable backup solutions or 'the weirdest stuff you can do with a raspberry pi'. I know that these topics may not be as profitable and there is already a great number of channels who are addressing an audience like me but only a few are able to give a proper attractive presentation.

So... I'd just like to see more 'serious' stuff with your great way of presenting things.

Keep up the good work!

Bye

friede from germany

You realize they do stuff that the majority o people want, right?

few people would watch a budget server build compared to a high end PC build

I dont see how one is more "serious" than the other

they are both just computer harware

they are running a business here, not appealing to the vocal minorities is part of it

they do try to do out-of-the-ordinary stuff like whole room liquid cooling and stuff like that, but they cant do everything just for a few people who will watch

it is a business after all

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I mean some topics aren't that interesting but the majority of content really spreads knowledge, which is their intention, so yeah ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

The videos you are asking, exist on the channel, and come and go constantly!. However, they do take a lot more time and preparation.

We had Full Room Water Cooling, Scrapyards Wars, Extreme Surround setup (triple 1440p 21:9), Gaming/Workstation Cockpit, Hardline build, etc etc.

Soon the 45+TB Storage Server with multiple PCIe SSDs videos are going to be launched, there is still a ton of work and editing being done.

So yeah, the 'daily' video is going to be entertaining and great, but not a big project; however every week or two, we get those massive productions.

I know that more 'serious' episodes exist because I nearly watched every one  :)

I'm just saying that there is a market or audience of people that could be exploited in addition, like Linus said, he wants to put his business on a strong foundation and not just on one leg (this was the video regarding the future of provisioned youtube channels)

@Enderman: Of course it is a business and I am part of a minority but I think this doesn't have to be the future. Keep the gamers and widen your circle of customers. 

We upload every single day

An episode like that every single day is NOT POSSIBLE with our current team.. We have been expanding as many of you know but yeah..

And like hold up.. wait a minute

Looking at the last week of uploads we have done:

[serious topic]Low vs High wattage power supplies for overclocking

[serious topic]Top 5 hidden VLC uses

[Not Serious] WAN show

[Review] Rajintek cooler

[serious topic] Silver Conductive Pen

[Review] Sennheiser in ear

[serious Topic] Are all Mhz created equal?

The Top 5 VLC one is debatable but I see it as a serious topic because of the 5 that we chose, many are based around essentially having a server and a really nice network setup in place. If someone followed that video they would have a media streaming server with a TON of functionality behind it. When researching for that video we found the setup for these things to not be all that complicated but the troubleshooting was random and vast.. something we can't really cover obviously.. so the format fit.

Now this was a pretty good week for various reasons.. but still, 4/7 videos being "Serious"(Not a huge fan of that naming, reviews can be serious) seems pretty damn solid to me

If you are looking for coverage of something specific please PM me and I'll see what I can do

Those that said we do what people want and what people will watch... You're right. But spreading knowledge and educating viewers on computer topics and promoting a love for computers is a passion for all of us at LMG and we will find a way to make those topics interesting... Like ScrapYard wars - we could have made a boring video telling people that buying used parts can be fun and interesting... Instead we made it a content style and I think the message was more impactful and spread further BUT this was only made possible by having a solid team to back us.. We will continue to expand and we will continue to bring you quality content in the future.

Honestly, LTT is only on my subscribe list because of the incidental stuff; as a Briton the offers and even tech are less and less relevant to me because of a massive...And I do mean mahoosive price disparity between Canada, the UK and US - Would I like to see some more internationally sponsors and offers? Sure...I'm not going to hold my breath on it though.

In the mean time, I'm afraid your position as my goto for reviews has been usurped by tastyPC and Jayztwocents.

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

i would love to use a nas build but most people wouldn't be interested

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

I am interested is more business style videos but that is because I run a small business that does computer work and set up for other small local businesses.