Stream XBox Games to Windows 10 is here!

CoolaxGaming

Considering Origin has a decent layout in my eyes and they actually offer some sort of buyer protection (in the form of being able to a return a game up to 24 hours after playing or 7 days after purchasing), I'd say it does some stuff better than Steam. As well, I've experienced consistently better network performance from Origin than I have Steam, but that may just be me.

I can vouch for that, i even got an other code for my Burnout paradise, and i was contacted personally so that my issue was solved by EA in 2 days, i can check the games integrity , the only thing missing is a backup feature, origin is far superior to uplay but not steam, but 100 times better than steam and uplay when it comes to customer support . 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

This is actually awesome for Xbone exclusive games like Halo.

1st, you will required an xbox one controller

2nd. the framerate will be lock "is just a stream"

3rd: latency

There is no benefits... why is this awesome?

Elaborate more please. im really curious (srsly no sarcasm)

This is actually awesome for Xbone exclusive games like Halo.

Well, you still need xbox so basically you already have the 'exclusive' privilege..

So what's the benefit of this?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

so you have to stream from the xbone to the pc?? LOL the xbone can barely hand 720p, that would look like crap on a 1440p monitor. Also whats the point on streaming from a weak console to a powerful pc?

Since when is every PC a powerful PC? The overwhelming majority of PCs are not gaming PCs. Also, its just an option. If you don't like it don't use it. They've also already stated that they are working towards the other way around streaming PC to Xbox One.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

This forum for me honestly has went down hill. This thread has just become a joke between a few people arguing for nothing more than to look good.

Is this a feature where you stream to desktop and play xbox from desktop? why would i buy and xbox and windows PC to do that?it doesnt give me any extra features,i still play with innacurate controllers on low resolutions with no AA.

Doesnt make much sense to me,i wonder where are the real features W10 needs so desperately.

for those arguing, do you guys forgot that windows tablets and non-gaming laptops exist, because tell me how this is bad for those that have a xbone and a non-gaming laptop/tablet, also its not like MS is showering this down your asshole when you get windows 10 installed

Is this a feature where you stream to desktop and play xbox from desktop? why would i buy and xbox and windows PC to do that?it doesnt give me any extra features,i still play with innacurate controllers on low resolutions with no AA.

Doesnt make much sense to me,i wonder where are the real features W10 needs so desperately.

what do you consider features that win 10 needs desperately, its an OS, its a platform to run software, OS's best new features are updated hardware support and standards, in this case DX12 and WDDM 2.0 for games and 3D software, also microsoft since the beginning have placed that windows 10 best feature is feature parity between different hardware platforms and more platform that can run windows, stuff like universal apps, the ability to run the same binaries on phone, tablet, desktop, etc, sync between platform, also they are now supporting stuff like the raspberry pi and similar, just because most if not almost all of windows 10 new features and improvements aren't aiming to gaming doesn't mean they are desperate  

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Microsoft: We released a way for you to stream an Xbox One Game to your Windows 10

PCMR people: Absoulutely pointless!

Valve: You can stream from a PC to ANOTHER PC

PCMR: SOOO INOVATIVE 10/10 Would buy again.

OT: I can see this being very useful, feature. I for one use my Xbone commonly, but have a Shit mic and I commonly play with my same group of friends so this makes it easier to communicate.

Actually it should be stream from a Strong PC to a weak PC so the weaker one can enjoy the power of the strong one without physically moving it around. That makes sense. The xbox is already a weak pc and at most it would either stream to a weaker PC but more likely a stronger PC, makes 0 sense unless you're a broke student with a crap laptop and somehow have access to an xbone and multiple titles.

-------

Current Rig

-------

This forum for me honestly has went down hill. This thread has just become a joke between a few people arguing for nothing more than to look good.

Tell me about it

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well, having the option is good I guess.

I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense though. Would have been much nicer to be able to stream games from one PC to another like you do with Steam In-Home streaming.

If I wanted to play Xbox games I would just get an Xbox and play though that.

Actually it should be stream from a Strong PC to a weak PC so the weaker one can enjoy the power of the strong one without physically moving it around. That makes sense. The xbox is already a weak pc and at most it would either stream to a weaker PC but more likely a stronger PC, makes 0 sense unless you're a broke student with a crap laptop and somehow have access to an xbone and multiple titles.

To be honest, I think you've got it the wrong way around in terms of what's more likely to be streamed too. Especially when we're talking about console gamers, it (at least to me) seems more likely that they're PC will be weaker gaming wise than the console. 

Not targeting you in particular, but a lot of people on this forum and PC gamers in general tend to forget that the vast majority of the entire PC base, don't have that good of (gaming) PC's at all. They're likely to have pretty decent CPU power, but especially when talking about gaming, most computers out there bought by the mainstream consumer seriously lack GPU horsepower.. truly. 

Not to mention, yeah the Xbone isn't the best of gaming machines, but in reality it'd probably still destroy the average pc in a predominately console based household. Just my opinion though

Getting to the point though, I've got an Xbox One and I'm pretty keen to see how this goes. 

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

To be honest, I think you've got it the wrong way around in terms of what's more likely to be streamed too. Especially when we're talking about console gamers, it (at least to me) seems more likely that they're PC will be weaker gaming wise than the console. 

Not targeting you in particular, but a lot of people on this forum and PC gamers in general tend to forget that the vast majority of the entire PC base, don't have that good of (gaming) PC's at all. They're likely to have pretty decent CPU power, but especially when talking about gaming, most computers out there bought by the mainstream consumer seriously lack GPU horsepower.. truly. 

Not to mention, yeah the Xbone isn't the best of gaming machines, but in reality it'd probably still destroy the average pc in a predominately console based household. Just my opinion though

Getting to the point though, I've got an Xbox One and I'm pretty keen to see how this goes.

That's cool and you're right. But let's not forget that Microsoft specifically markets this to PC gamers, not PC owners only.

-------

Current Rig

-------

That's cool and you're right. But let's not forget that Microsoft specifically markets this to PC gamers, not PC owners only.

^excellent point.

Let's also not forget, that if they just ported the damned games over, as well as doing this streaming thing, they'd have some good arguments against Apple's competition in the PC department.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That is true. Guess it would depend on how good your average PC gamer's rig is. Regardless, as big Trik said above, it'd be so much better if they just brought them exclusive games to the PC, but unfortunately that might not happen for a while, if ever. 

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

That is true. Guess it would depend on how good your average PC gamer's rig is. Regardless, as big Trik said above, it'd be so much better if they just brought them exclusive games to the PC, but unfortunately that might not happen for a while, if ever. 

I just think it makes sense. Considering that last year, PC game sales surpassed console game sales.

http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

just tried this dunno if im missing somethign but ya I couldnt stream to the PC

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

me either, but I wanna check it out.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

just tried this dunno if im missing somethign but ya I couldnt stream to the PC

You are missing something: windows 10

-------

Current Rig

-------

I am honestly really tempted to sell all my consoles. I don't use them, and I could get money from them to upgrade my PC.

You are missing something: windows 10

huur how cud i b so dum

yatCDSq.jpg

:rolleyes:

System Specs

Awesome if this only worked on my PS4, freaking Infamous and Destiny running on my PC sounds beautiful.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I ask once again. Why would anyone do this? Considering that any cpu with 8gb of 1600mhz vram, and intel 4600 graphics runs games better than an Xbone?

Intel 4600? o.0 I think you mean R9 270...

I agree with the general sentiment that most people here have PCs that are at the very least equivalent to an Xbox One (which is about 260X/750, not Intel iGPU) and most console gamers probably don't want to play their Xbox games at a desk, because the opportunity to do so has long existed in most titles.

Well, having the option is good I guess.

I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense though. Would have been much nicer to be able to stream games from one PC to another like you do with Steam In-Home streaming.

If I wanted to play Xbox games I would just get an Xbox and play though that.

No it makes sense, imagine you and someone let's say wife.

You're playing on your Xbox one on TV and suddenly your wife appears and she wants to watch the TV, so you wanna continue playing just play on your PC.

This is also a feature of WiiU when you can play on tv or that controller.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I still dont understand how this is is horrible, but PC to PC streaming is great.   

and after all that crazyness of the last few pages, we agree that the xbox is more powerful then integrated graphics correct? by a lot. and even if it wasnt, a I5+motherboard is as much as a xbox alone, let alone the rest of the pc lol.

anyway, this is for streaming to less powerful machines. such as office machines, prebuilts, windows tablets."oh theres no market" http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

the most popular single "graphics card" that STEAM(IE gamers) use is hd4000. so even among gamers, integrated graphics is a serious chunk of users. and Im willing to bet more then those people would be willing to play games, but never had the horsepower. 

so, a feature more people will use? sorry not all windows features are tailored to those who buy high end machines. The vast window market is value oriented machines