Do I have a caffeine addiction?

For a week now I have taken at least 80mg per day of caffeine, a cup of coffee rougly.

Sometimes it's more because I drink Cola on a day, sometimes just 80mg.

Today I didn't have any and I slept very well, but I just crashed hard after a few hours of functioning normally, went to lie on bed and man I was ...well not tired exactly is the feeling but I didn't want to leave.... it comes close to tired though.

Is this caffeine addiction? :P

i don't know if thats an addiction, but IMO caffeine addictions are not bad. I drink ALOT of black coffee every day to stay awake.

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

It kind of is, you can stop it though. When your body gets caffeine or drugs (medicines included) on a daily bases it will get used to it, so when you suddently stop taking any you'll get tired or have withdrawal symptoms. I'm a non coffee/drug drinker/user myself so I would recommend to slowly decrease your daily intake untill you don't need it anymore.

I used to drink a lot of coffee and I found that I couldn't sleep without it, get all snuggly and warm in bed with a good coffee was a great way to chill out and get to sleep. I know it sounds weird :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Possibly... typically, when I've gone through caffeine withdrawal, there's headaches and whatnot, but I doubt it's the same for every person. Still, I'd be a little surprised that you'd go through withdrawal when you've only had one cup a day. 

I know it's not so bad to have a caffeine addiction and that it needs more and more.

I know all that, but just wondering if it actually is caffeine addiction?

I think you would need a lot more to have any serious addiction

Could be slight withdrawal I guess, I normally drink between 1 and 3 cups of tea and coffee a day, but I can easily have none and not notice any difference 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I don't known about you but I have really bad headaches if I don't have enough caffeine. 

I know it's not so bad to have a caffeine addiction and that it needs more and more.

I know all that, but just wondering if it actually is caffeine addiction?

You could probably go back to your regular routine of having coffee for a few days, and then stop. Recreate the scenario, and see if it happens again.

You could probably go back to your regular routine of having coffee for a few days, and then stop. Recreate the scenario, and see if it happens again.

I will try...

I get headaches until I get caffeine every day.

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

I made the switch from energy drinks to black tea. Much better now.

I'd say that taking caffeine as a pill daily is kind of an addiction, but the amount is still moderate. I'd still try to go without that though andy try to abandon caffeine for 1 or 2 weeks every 1 or 2 months or so.

who cares...

For a week now I have taken at least 80mg per day of caffeine, a cup of coffee rougly.

Today I didn't have any and I slept very well, but I just crashed hard after a few hours of functioning normally, went to lie on bed and man I was ...well not tired exactly is the feeling but I didn't want to leave.... it comes close to tired though.

I think it's more of a question of perception and definition? I'm pretty sure caffeine is addictive (although I've not fact-checked that) and so if you're drinking it every day then there's probably an addiction there somewhere but people don't tend to think of it in that way?

For instance, when I was shedding my body fat I basically learned to look at snacking and carb consumption as a form of addiction and basically applied the mindset I used to get sober to my eating habits. I guess if you tried to tell someone that their eating habits are symptomatic of a form of addicted (the high/low cycle of compulsive sugar consumption?) then they're probably going to look at you strangely.

Is caffeine addictive? Okay, well I just ran a search and wikipedia doesn't think so; it details dependency but not addiction. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine_dependence

You might have a caffeine dependency. Personally I can't function without caffeine but I might be a special case because there's narcolepsy in my family on my fathers side.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Caffeine addiction is nothing to worry about, although you may want to switch from cola to coffe and tea.

Drinking cola everyday doesn't really sound healthy at all.

Caffeine addiction is nothing to worry about, although you may want to switch from cola to coffe and tea.

Drinking cola everyday doesn't really sound healthy at all.

Cola isn't that bad except maybe for your teeth. And I don't drink it every day but only on some days.

Not necessarily. If you get headaches in the morning or afternoon on a day when you don't have caffeine and become an irritable prick, then I'd say yes you're addicted.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Not necessarily. If you get headaches in the morning or afternoon on a day when you don't have caffeine and become an irritable prick, then I'd say yes you're addicted.

No headaches luckily.

Cola isn't that bad except maybe for your teeth. And I don't drink it every day but only on some days.

Cola is medicinal :P It's a magical drink!

headaches solved by caffeine are a clear sign of chemical dependency. If you are curing headaches with coffee or something to that effect (monster rehab and the rockstar equivalents are different since they are meant to sooth hangovers and try to re-hydrate you since dehydration can also cause headaches.) Then ya you have a caffeine addiction.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I dont think so, I have been addicted to coffee for about 7 years now, The only time i feel i have a caffeine addiction is when i dont get atleast a cup of coffee in the middle of the day.
The symptoms i get are:  

a headache,
get annonyed easily
And I Become Very bad at multitasking, I cant listen to anything while i do something, The world around me seems to fade away, The only things that exist is Me and the task im doing. And if someone try to communicate with me i might have a hard time even understanding what the person is saying since i cant divide my attention much.
And just using some pill wont help it, I Need caffeine.

But im confident i can break out of it if i couldnt find a source of caffeine.
It is not much of a addiction if it is controlled, My best friend has a real addiction to coffee, I got him to drink coffe 3 years ago, And he can barely controll it, He doesnt understand that coffeee is bad when you drink Far too much of it. And on top of that he gets easily depressed, Almsot suicidal. He is not the most stable person, Or even the person i get along with But he is still my best friend.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I drink like 6+ soda's a day.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I made the switch from energy drinks to black tea. Much better now.

I'd say that taking caffeine as a pill daily is kind of an addiction, but the amount is still moderate. I'd still try to go without that though andy try to abandon caffeine for 1 or 2 weeks every 1 or 2 months or so.

so so...

0563513.jpg

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

headaches solved by caffeine are a clear sign of chemical dependency. If you are curing headaches with coffee or something to that effect (monster rehab and the rockstar equivalents are different since they are meant to sooth hangovers and try to re-hydrate you since dehydration can also cause headaches.) Then ya you have a caffeine addiction.

They're not different. I can tell you first hand.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers