What is a tech trend going on right now that you just don't understand?

Everyone making smartwatches

Im annoyed of smartwatches, like, Idk if this is true but, Tag Heuer is making a Google-powered smartwatch.

This is why I contemplate about why I was born.

"Dont take my word for it, wait for the others"

-GabbDogg 2015

Why people insist on heaving 1440p or even higher resolution on a 5" smartphone. You're not going to see a difference in pixel density anyway from a 1080p screen so why bother.

Also, smart watches.

Ye ole' train

People who assume that everyone should have the same needs and desires related to technology as them.

only kinda kappa

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

• Smart-watches
  • Wearables
  • Mice with gimmicks
  • Single port iMac
  • Android game consoles
  • Drones
  • Above 1080p resolutions on smartphones

Bruh, drones are sweet.

I kinda like Smartwatches, but i like the implementation of Kairos (for example, don't know of others) way more. Only thing is: they are too damn expensive and i haven't seen any review or something like that, so i don't even know if they're any good.

Other than that, i also can't understand the gold thing and the search for ultimate thinness, compromising battery life in the process (basicly apples new Macbook).

CPU: i7 5930k @4.3 GHz, Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe, RAM: 32 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport ddr4 (2400 MHz), GPU: 2 x Gigabyte gtx 970 G1 Gaming @ 1500 MHz,

Case: Corsair obsidian 750d, Storage: Samsung 850 Pro ssd (512GB) and 3TB WD Black, PSU: Coolermaster v850, Display: Asus Rog swift,                             

Cooling: Coolermaster Nepton 280L, Keyboard: Corsair Vengence K70 RGB (Mx-red), Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD Optical, Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR paired with Audioengine A5+ 

• Thinner and bigger phones, at a rising price.

Overpricing of phones (proven by Google Nexus and OnePlusOne)

Mobile games

Alienware

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Apple, smartwatches, virtual reality

up until now, I still don't understand why people love to use twitter

... I mean literally for everything, from casual chat to support

and I hate to contact support by twitter because it's not place to do that, more companies respond faster on twitter than the email/phone contact they have on their page.

like seriously.

• Smart-watches
  • Wearables
  • Mice with gimmicks
  • Single port iMac
  • Android game consoles
  • Drones
  • Above 1080p resolutions on smartphones

I agree with all of this.

Wearables/smart watches will be important eventually, but it's too early now.

Also 1 port macbook, but i knew what you meant

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I honestly don't get the craze with both Samsung and Apple :P

To understand curved TV's you have to see one in person :D I wouldn't buy one, but they do look pretty!  

IMO TBH there's really no difference to me with curved displays and flat screens. I've seen many of them before.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

The Apple Watch. I was actually curious and considering getting one, but no Wifi or cellular and you need to carry your phone around to use most it's functionality.

Utterly pointless, novelty item and a complete rip off.

up until now, I still don't understand why people love to use twitter

... I mean literally for everything, from casual chat to support

and I hate to contact support by twitter because it's not place to do that, more companies respond faster on twitter than the email/phone contact they have on their page.

like seriously.

I'm with you here, I tried it after years of thinking it's just status updates. Thought there must be more to it, there wasn't, it's just a platform to ridicule others.

Well consoles do have exclusives and as far as I am concerned the Wii-U is the best option for consoles at the moment. We are all gamers and there is no need for ignorance I wish all games are cross platform but they are not so I have to choose a console that I would like to play as well.  

>Well consoles do have exclusives

And so does PC...

VR headsets. It just seems like a gimmick and I don't think that in a few years we'll all use VR headsets for everything. Still a cool way to show what's possible today.

I can't stand touchscreens either and wish they'd still make smartphones with physical qwerty keyboards, I just can't stand the on screen keyboards. But I guess it's too late to still call that a trend.

Everyone's hatred towards Apple products.

They are actually really good machines/tech, and hey maybe some people might not care how much they pay for aesthetics (but then again, forking out hundreds on a caselabs case and filling it with LED's is basically doing the same thing).

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

why people are so hyped about overprices pices of junk dji products that you cant even use most of the time becuase of restriction 

Not sure if someone said it already,but,curved tv's/smartphones.

Why...just why...

What's next,golden curved tv's that poop curved smartwatches?

Appearance over specs.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Curved displays, huge consumer grade PCs, and 2 in 1s.

Why do we want bent TVs?! They're way more expensive, and have very little benefit besides reducing glare a little bit. From a distance you can't tell it's bent, not to mention the bow tie effect.

Why are shitty avg. joe PCs so huge?! People aren't going to open them up! If there's so little upgradability, make it smaller so everyone saves a little money, and consumers don't have to have this huge thing in the way!

2 in 1s are WAYY too heavy to be used as a tablet. Especially 1 handed without any type of desk or lap to support it. My wrist is strained to the point I can't hold it within seconds! And they are ridiculously expensive! i5s and i7s?! We're not gaming on them! Why would we?! There's thermal throttling and no discrete cards!!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Curved displays, huge consumer grade PCs, and 2 in 1s.

Why do we want bent TVs?! They're way more expensive, and have very little benefit besides reducing glare a little bit. From a distance you can't tell it's bent, not to mention the bow tie effect.

Why are shitty avg. joe PCs so huge?! People aren't going to open them up! If there's so little upgradability, make it smaller so everyone saves a little money, and consumers don't have to have this huge thing in the way!

2 in 1s are WAYY too heavy to be used as a tablet. Especially 1 handed without any type of desk or lap to support it. My wrist is strained to the point I can't hold it within seconds! And they are ridiculously expensive! i5s and i7s?! We're not gaming on them! Why would we?! There's thermal throttling and no discrete cards!!

Curved tvs are more expensive cause to make a bent tv and not have it broken is expensive, plus they're a luxury. They do make for a more immersive viewing experience, especially when gaming. I wouldnt buy one but still . . .

4K screens on everything, i mean seriously, 4K came to consumers, producents slap it around on everything since then.

even though most of the content is not 4K ready or our digital infrastructure is far form ready for it.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Cloud gaming. Am I the only one who rather has his OWN hardware playing his OWN games? My internet won't handle it anyway.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti