900d or cosmos 2?

psp1122
Go to solution Solved by psp1122,

ok i have been thinking the last couple of days and its clear for me not to choose for the cosmos 2 its design is nice but the wc features and the weight is a big drawback for me. the weight of the case is 22kg empty that thing will be to heavy to lift when i build my setup in. not really a good idea to take it up the stairs when its fitted with the system :mellow:

so it will be the 900D, i will keep my old haf x to hold my old system and to turn it in a nas or server.

i am doing soon a new build with watercooling but my question is should i hold on to my old cm haf x case or should i choose the 900d or cosmos 2

900d

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

keep ur haf x. i will buy a haf x..

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

If you can afford it, sure go with a 900D if you don't need any other component upgrades. The HAF X is still a good case and if you have mid range components I would upgrade those first.

If you can afford it, sure go with a 900D if you don't need any other component upgrades. The HAF X is still a good case and if you have mid range components I would upgrade those first.

the only things i am taking to the new build is 2x 256gb 830 series ssd's from samsung everything else will be new and maybe the case too

The 900D is gigantic and has everything you'll ever need. Plus it's a sexy elegant case. If you can afford it and intend to do it justice by filling it properly, by all means go for it.

If you're watercooling, the 900D is the way to go

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

if you think you need to change then i would go with the 900D but the Haf X is still a great case

1st option -Hold onto your Haf X.  It's already an awesome case.  

2nd option - 900D - CM Cosmos 2 is a great case too, but 900D dwarfs it with its features.  Cosmos 2 has the handle for easier carrying.. but if mobility was your thing you should go for a smaller case.  Them full tower cases will last you a good while.  I'm still using Cosmos 1000 and it's great so far.

Definitely the 900D; the Cosmos 2 has very few options inside, and personally, don't like the look of the Cosmos 2.

Cosmos 2 has very little features for the amount of money you pay for it. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

sell the HAF and buy the 900D

newer tech, newer features, ability for water-cooling more so than the HAF.

pass on cosmos II a lot of case limited features for water-cooling without modding

the complete case as well with the HAF.

airdeano

ok i have been thinking the last couple of days and its clear for me not to choose for the cosmos 2 its design is nice but the wc features and the weight is a big drawback for me. the weight of the case is 22kg empty that thing will be to heavy to lift when i build my setup in. not really a good idea to take it up the stairs when its fitted with the system :mellow:

so it will be the 900D, i will keep my old haf x to hold my old system and to turn it in a nas or server.

I completely disagree with u idiots. The cosmos 2 has great watercooling features and is very stylish indeed.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I completely disagree with u idiots. The cosmos 2 has great watercooling features and is very stylish indeed.

how many features does the cosmos have then because i dont think it will fit a lot of big rads

how many features does the cosmos have then because i dont think it will fit a lot of big rads

support for up to two 360mm rads on top and on bottom with the drive cage removed and support for up to 8 120mm fans. It fits motherboards up to XL-ATX and has 3 5.25" drive bays and up to 11 3.5" bays. It is well solidly built.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

support for up to two 360mm rads on top and on bottom with the drive cage removed and support for up to 8 120mm fans. It fits motherboards up to XL-ATX and has 3 5.25" drive bays and up to 11 3.5" bays. It is well solidly built.

900d can hold 2 480mm rads, 1 360mm rad, 1 240mm rad, up to 12 120mm fans and 1 140mm fan, mobo's up to hptx, 4 5.25'' drive bays and up to 15 3.5'' bays

yea but it cannot support up to XL-ATX.

900d can hold 2 480mm rads, 1 360mm rad, 1 240mm rad, up to 12 120mm fans and 1 140mm fan, mobo's up to hptx, 4 5.25'' drive bays and up to 15 3.5'' bays

lol owned

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely Cosmos 2. The handles make it a lot easier to move around, even if it is very heavy and full of water cooling, and it just looks absolutely amazing. And if you want to add more rads there is nothing that is stopping you from doing a little modding so that it fits all of your needs. Plus it is really well built, I have had some of my friends sit on the thing just to prove to them that it is a tank of a case!!! :) 

Spoiler

MSI X299 Tomahawk AC, Intel core i5 7640X, MSI R9 280X, Cooler Master Cosmos 2, 16GB Team Dark Pro 3200, RaidMax Cobra 1000W, Adata 240GB SSD, OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD, 2xSeagate 1TB HDD, 1xSeagate 2TB HDD

FINALLY!!!  Someone who agrees with me!!