LGBT community

carguy86
8 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

T-Mobile, for some reason, does not allow "uncertified" devices to use VoLTE, and by extension, their 700 MHz LTE band. This certainly screwed me over as I live on the edge of normal LTE/HSPA service. Everything else is covered only by their 700 MHz band. Switching carriers would be difficult too as it means giving up unlimited video streaming to tethered devices and having to go back to the Cthulu of ISPs (Comcast).

Though if T-Mobile repurposes their HSPA to LTE without a change in policy, I would have no choice but to change carriers (or change phones, but no chance of that).

I think the reason why many wireless carriers still maintains 3G and even 2G is to not piss off those people who are still using dumb phones and older smartphones, at least here in Southeast Asia. I still see people using a first gen Galaxy S, an iPhone 3GS, or even Chinese branded smartphones that are 3G only that cost $50 or less. I'm still waiting for them to deploy the 700 MHz LTE spectrum they acquired for wider coverage and better building penetration.

Also, I don't think an iPhone or other known Android phones are uncertified devices so no excuse to ban them from VoLTE.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

3 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I think the reason why many wireless carriers still maintains 3G and even 2G is to not piss off those people who are still using dumb phones and older smartphones, at least here in Southeast Asia. I still see people using a first gen Galaxy S, an iPhone 3GS, or even Chinese branded smartphones that are 3G only that cost $50 or less. I'm still waiting for them to deploy the 700 MHz LTE spectrum they acquired for wider coverage and better building penetration.

T-Mobile already deployed 700 MHz LTE into much of the area I frequent (where it is often the only service available), though it doesn't do me much good if the shitte carrier won't let me use it. (And hardware wise, my device is capable)

To put it mildly, I'm rather displeased with T-Mobile right now.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

T-Mobile already deployed 700 MHz LTE into much of the area I frequent (where it is often the only service available), though it doesn't do me much good if the shitte carrier won't let me use it.

To put it mildly, I'm rather displeased with T-Mobile right now.

What phone are you using currently?

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

What phone are you using currently?

A LeEco Le Pro 3, the LEX727 model with Lineage OS installed. The international model lacks band 12 or 17 (the one on that GSM spec website), but the US model has these bands. The OS supports VoLTE, but attempting to do so sees me simply booted from making a call, or forced to fallback. And VoLTE is rather a relevant point as it is required to even use T-Mobile's 700 MHz band.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I just want to say that I am thankful for the internet for being open and free, and allowing me to make so many great friendships along the way. Online friendships can be just as real as "real life" ones.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'm thankful for @wcreek and I'm sure he's even more thankful that I'm here even if I can't comprehend his emotions often.

<3 and I am thankful for you too :x 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

40 minutes ago, Daring said:

I just want to say that I am thankful for the internet for being open and free, and allowing me to make so many great friendships along the way. Online friendships can be just as real as "real life" ones.

New ISP guidelines includes extra $5 per month to browse tech websites and forums and an additional $15 for video streaming. 

I have a problem with flirting without thinking... Literally almost flirted with my attractive boss and she has a boyfriend, of course. Almost told her a sensual comment, but at the last second I caught myself. I believe she's as straight as an arrow.

Oh, and for Thanksgiving I'm in charge of making mashed potatoes. Here's hoping I don't screw it up. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

I might get a MacBook Pro soon. Any thoughts people?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

32 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

I might get a MacBook Pro soon. Any thoughts people?

You might want to wait for the refresh in WWDC 2018. Apple might finally go quad core with the upcoming MacBook Pro refresh

13 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

You can ask @carguy86. He’s the one who made this thread, But just so you know you’re not the first person to ask that. 

6 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

...Third one in three days.  Hat trick, guys.

why are there so many people who ask this question? 

its like people get offended by a thread that doesnt affect them in any way shape or form xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

its like people get offended by a thread that doesnt affect them in any way shape or form xD 

I dunno but let's all go into the 'German Talk' and demand that they explain what being in Germany has to do with tech.  We must also not accept the answer of 'Many Germans enjoy technology and some enjoy having a space on the forum to speak about German specific things on a tech forum'.

If we feel like adding to it we could ask them if they think that their being German is just a phase.

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I dunno but let's all go into the 'German Talk' and demand that they explain what being in Germany has to do with tech.  We must also not accept the answer of 'Many Germans enjoy technology and some enjoy having a space on the forum to speak about German specific things on a tech forum'.

If we feel like adding to it we could ask them if they think that their being German is just a phase.

i love this :D 

you win a virtual internet cookie from me 

i'd send you a real one, but dont have the money cause need to have enough for my b-day party today :/ 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, Mister2010 said:

People tend not to realize the description of an off topic subforum and it's purpose aside from that description.

Personally it doesn't bug me if people want to criticize the community, I do to but when I do, I at least try to make it constructive.

The best way to tolerance/acceptance isn't through being obnoxious and shit. You perpetuate a stereotype that does more harm than good. I know you want to rebel/symbolically say fuck you to whoever treated you wrong because you were gay or whatever but a majority of people aren't going to give a damn. Yes it was a mere 4-5 years ago that the states and quite a few countries were realizing that gay people were mostly normal people and deserved the right of being legally wed. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Don't mind me guys just strolling through...  

FWIW I think anyone that disrespects you or makes hateful comments isn't worth your consideration at all.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini