LGBT community

carguy86
11 minutes ago, TheCryoknight said:

What Codec?

h.264.  And anyemuxes, obviosly, would also be h.264 since they are direct data copies of the streams off a bluray.

10 minutes ago, Force.Sensitive.Squirrel said:

Which anime?

Magic Knight Rayearth? I've never seen it but for the first handful of eps.  ^^;;; I like having the highest quality on hand if possible.  Cause this:

Nah, if you're passionate about something always go for the highest quality possible.

Which anime?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

19 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

h.264.  And anyemuxes, obviously, would also be h.264 since they are direct data copies of the streams off of a bluray.

Hey some blurays use VC-1 and that sounds like it is on the upper end for quality but still reasonable size.

Just now, TheCryoknight said:

Hey some blurays use VC-1 and that sounds like it is on the upper end for quality but still reasonable size.

You don't see VC-1 very much these days.  But my A Christmas Story Blu-Ray is VC-1 though it's older. :P

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

Is 2.7GB per ep for an old 90's anime overkill?  I ask you if this is overkill.  I want to argue it's not. :o  I mean I have remux files from BluRays of anime I've bought that come in like 4-6GB/ep.  If anything, I argue that pirate ripping anime to ONLY 2.7GB/ep just aren't going far enough.

If you have the storage, why not.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

12 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

If you have the storage, why not.

Seagate 8TB Externals will be $179 CAD for Black Friday at a few retailers.  Imma add another. :V  That'll leave me with like 12-13TB to probably last until next Christmas.  But I dunno, I keep replacing older files with newer ones as Blu-Ray releases come out.  I mean sure I'll NEVER watch The X-Files a second time but I should totally replace the DVD rips with 3.8GB/ep BD rips, right? :D 

20 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Seagate 8TB Externals will be $179 CAD for Black Friday at a few retailers.  Imma add another. :V  That'll leave me with like 12-13TB to probably last until next Christmas.  But I dunno, I keep replacing older files with newer ones as Blu-Ray releases come out.  I mean sure I'll NEVER watch The X-Files a second time but I should totally replace the DVD rips with 3.8GB/ep BD rips, right? :D 

Wonder if you could source uncompressed video files?

My eyes see the past…

1 minute ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Wonder if you could source uncompressed video files?

BWA HA HA HA! :V

No.  Even working in the film industry I only have access to the specific shots we work on.  Never full versions with audio and all that.  Further more, even if such files were in a building with me 'liberating' them would be a huge no-no.  Like 'Get blacklisted from the industry, sued, and hope that McDonalds is hiring' kinda No-No.  Not to mention the intense IO demands of uncompressed media as either 10-32bit EXRs or DPXs. :P

How's it crackin', LGBT thread? I have every reason now to believe I sprained my wrist while trying to brute force on my CPU cooler without realizing I had the brackets on upside down and it took me 4 hours to realize that.

14 minutes ago, Daring said:

How's it crackin', LGBT thread? I have every reason now to believe I sprained my wrist while trying to brute force on my CPU cooler without realizing I had the brackets on upside down and it took me 4 hours to realize that.

Didn't realise the Steam Autumn sale was starting today and now eyeballing a few games and since I've been playing Civilization since Civ1 on floppy disc, thinking it's about time I got Civ6 at 50% off.

I"m currently setting up my old iPod Nanos (2nd and 3rd gen), iPad 1 and 2 and iPhone 3GS's as music devices to use with my Sony RDP-X500iP dock (which is AMAZING!).

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

@Comic_Sans_MS I never paid attention to the difference between NZ and AU flag until now. ???? http://mashable.com/2017/11/15/tim-cook-australia-nz/ 

3 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

I"m currently setting up my old iPod Nanos (2nd and 3rd gen), iPad 1 and 2 and iPhone 3GS's as music devices to use with my Sony RDP-X500iP dock (which is AMAZING!).

Sony 1000XM2 ANC headphones is what I want this holidays 

48 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

@Comic_Sans_MS I never paid attention to the difference between NZ and AU flag until now. ???? http://mashable.com/2017/11/15/tim-cook-australia-nz/ 

Yeah, new Zealand has red brimmed stars on the Southern Cross, and lacks the Commonwealth Star.

However, Liechtenstein and Haiti. They found out their flags were identical during the 1936 Olympics.

9 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Yeah, new Zealand has red brimmed stars on the Southern Cross, and lacks the Commonwealth Star.

However, Liechtenstein and Haiti. They found our their flags were identical during the 1936 Olympics.

I think Apple needs to change their emoji picker and add labels 

7763908B-C538-4CA4-8513-3F32521EE711.thumb.jpeg.92c0d254403b73664e11db86b919c165.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Pretty familiar to this. (Except we have a search feature)

The more I'm thinking of going back to Android.

9 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I have just discovered not all places have 4G+ phone network coverage.

3G and HSPA+ is pure evil. 4G and 4G+ is amazing.

I remember around 2010 and 2011 when our wireless carriers are investing on LTE and many of my people called it unnecessary and rubbish and say shit like LTE drains battery faster than 3G which is true for older 4G phones that uses two separate modems for GSM/CDMA and LTE but all that changed in 2012 when the likes of Qualcomm made a modem that combines GSM/CDMA and LTE radios on a single chip to save power.

IMG_1046.PNG.2cbd83e0c0949f5189baf2c2958e46e5.PNG

But yeah, 3G nowadays feels like dial up and it sucks.IMG_1045.PNG.0d82a536444a7e441e1a4beca5820ca4.PNG

Unfortunately, my wireless carriers still haven't re-farmed and repurposed existing spectrum for 3G and EDGE into LTE. In fact, LTE shouldn't even be called 4G because it didn't met the specs set by IEEE Spectrum. The true 4G is actually LTE-Advanced which unfortunately none of our duopoly carriers have deployed. None of them have even allowed VoLTE which allows simultaneous voice and data without kicking it back to slower 3G during a call. I think even "WiFi calling" should be a standard to all wireless carriers in the world.

2 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

That's pretty piss weak LTE as it is.

3356417913.png

My max LTE speed is basically the same as my home internet and I'm not proud of it. But yeah, fuck my crony wireless carrier who buys lawmakers to ban entry of foreign competition. Telstra AU actually considered investing here but our fucked up crony duopolists bought lawmakers to stop foreign competition from entering. Someone told me even Vodafone and Deutsche Telekom (I have to verify first) considered investing here because of our population but they didn't continue because of asinine regulations bought by our greedy, crony capitalist wireless carriers.

1 hour ago, hey_yo_ said:

I remember around 2010 and 2011 when our wireless carriers are investing on LTE and many of my people called it unnecessary and rubbish and say shit like LTE drains battery faster than 3G which is true for older 4G phones that uses two separate modems for GSM/CDMA and LTE but all that changed in 2012 when the likes of Qualcomm made a modem that combines GSM/CDMA and LTE radios on a single chip to save power.

IMG_1046.PNG.2cbd83e0c0949f5189baf2c2958e46e5.PNG

But yeah, 3G nowadays feels like dial up and it sucks.IMG_1045.PNG.0d82a536444a7e441e1a4beca5820ca4.PNG

Unfortunately, my wireless carriers still haven't re-farmed and repurposed existing spectrum for 3G and EDGE into LTE. In fact, LTE shouldn't even be called 4G because it didn't met the specs set by IEEE Spectrum. The true 4G is actually LTE-Advanced which unfortunately none of our duopoly carriers have deployed. None of them have even allowed VoLTE which allows simultaneous voice and data without kicking it back to slower 3G during a call. I think even "WiFi calling" should be a standard to all wireless carriers in the world.

T-Mobile, for some reason, does not allow "uncertified" devices to use VoLTE, and by extension, their 700 MHz LTE band. This certainly screwed me over as I live on the edge of normal LTE/HSPA service. Everything else is covered only by their 700 MHz band. Switching carriers would be difficult too as it means giving up unlimited video streaming to tethered devices and having to go back to the Cthulu of ISPs (Comcast).

Though if T-Mobile repurposes their 3g and EDGE to LTE without a change in policy, I would have no choice but to change carriers (or change phones, but no chance of that).

My eyes see the past…

So I just bought an RX 570 4GB. Looking forward to seeing how it is!

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2