LGBT community

carguy86

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

And, to be clear, tipping is kinda stupid.  I mean it's NECESSARY where we live, because wait staff and 'alcohol servers' actually get a LOWER minimum wage than everything else.  So as an example, here in Ontario, Canada, if I pick up a Quarter Pounder, the staff there are making at least $11.40/hr which is the standard minimum wage.  On the other hand, I go to a 'nicer' and 'more expensive' 'sitdown' type restaurant and the wait staff there could be making as low as $9.90/hr legally.

So, I think tipping is stupid.  But if I don't tip, I'm also helping to screw someone into making less than minimum wage and I'm not going to do that especially when i myself make multiple-times more than minimum wage.

7 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I know giving tips is a thing in North America (not that much in Southeast Asia) so if I'm in a diner/restaurant, how much tip is given? Is it around 5 CAD? Do I have to give tips on fast food restaurants like McDonald's, A&W, or Wendy's in Canada?

See below lol. I find tips are usually a percentage of your meal that you choose although lots of places also have an option to tip a dollar amount of your choice. Don't ever feel pressured to give a tip if you feel the service wasn't that good though while it is polite and servers really appreciate it its not mandatory (depending on the night tips can easily double or triple your pay as a restaurant worker)

7 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

In both the United States and Canada the conventional wisdom for tips is 15%.  No, it's not done at fast food locations.  Typically it's for 'sit down' type restaurants and delivery.

Generally I find its different each place and 10% is more common at a place like a family sit down. If your going to a higher end restaurant it goes up.

7 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Why because there's 5 days of summer?

lol! Summer is getting later and later it seems here xD We had a really short but cold winter this last year, spring started mid february and ended late may..... Summer really started in mid june however and is expected to last until mid late september/october lmao!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

In both the United States and Canada the conventional wisdom for tips is 15%.  No, it's not done at fast food locations.  Typically it's for 'sit down' type restaurants and delivery.

So if I ate a $25 meal, I have to give $3.75. Which means if I ate a $100 meal, I have to give $15. Man that's a lot of money in a day but given the costs of living in North America, I understand why and I'm helping the crew in their daily expenses. 

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

South Korea and Japan seem like alright countries in SE Asia. Is a lot better than Western Asia.

Tips for fast food only really exists for delivery service. Only sit down restaurants you tip in.

South Korea and Japan aren't really in SEA but in economically, they're at the top and their GDPs is something third world countries can dream off.

I want to try want Canada has to offer when it comes to food so I guess sit down restaurants it is. Maybe I'll drench my bacon with Canadian maple syrup.

Just now, 8uhbbhu8 said:

See below lol. I find tips are usually a percentage of your meal that you choose although lots of places also have an option to tip a dollar amount of your choice. Don't ever feel pressured to give a tip if you feel the service wasn't that good though while it is polite and servers really appreciate it its not mandatory (depending on the night tips can easily double or triple your pay as a restaurant worker)

So $1 tips if the service is crappy then xD

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

7 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

And, to be clear, tipping is kinda stupid.  I mean it's NECESSARY where we life, because wait staff and 'alcohol servers' actually get a LOWER minimum wage than everything else.  So as an example, here in Ontario, Canada, if I pick up a Quarter Pounder, the staff there are making at least $11.40/hr which is the standard minimum wage.  On the other hand, I go to a 'nicer' and 'more expensive' 'sitdown' type restaurant and the wait staff there could be making as low as $9.90/hr legally.

So, I think tipping is stupid.  But if I don't tip, I'm also helping to screw someone into making less than minimum wage and I'm not going to do that especially when i myself make multiple-times more than minimum wage.

Also some places make it mandatory that tips are split among staff which I think is incredibly idiotic....

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

9 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

So if I ate a $25 meal, I have to give $3.75. Which means if I ate a $100 meal, I have to give $15. Man that's a lot of money in a day but given the costs of living in North America, I understand why and I'm helping the crew in their daily expenses. 

South Korea and Japan aren't really in SEA but in economically, they're at the top and their GDPs is something third world countries can dream off.

I want to try want Canada has to offer when it comes to food so I guess sit down restaurants it is. Maybe I'll drench my bacon with Canadian maple syrup.

So $1 tips if the service is crappy then xD

If the service is crappy and there's no reason for it other then the server is just bad or its really the server/wait staff fault I wouldn't even bother giving one. If it IS the kitchen and you can see that the restaurant is overbooked/understaffed on the floor then I would give a normal tip. Or if the server is trying their best in a bad situation maybe a tip a bit bigger then normal just to help them out and show you really appreciate what they are doing and going through for you.

YES! Bacon in maple syrup is actually good xD Just make sure to eat it before it get soggy lol.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

2 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Also some places make it mandatory that tips are split among staff which I think is incredibly idiotic....

Crazy idea; They could charge more for the food and pay the wait staff better.  I'm going to pay about 15% more ANYWAY and we could not make it into some kinda stupid 'game' where the wait staff don't even KNOW what they are earning in a night, with it depending on luck of the generosity (Or lack therefore of) of their patrons.

1 minute ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

If the service is crappy and there's no reason for it other then the server is just bad or its really the server/wait staff fault I wouldn't even bother giving one. If it IS the kitchen and you can see that the restaurant is overbooked/understaffed on the floor then I would give a normal tip. Or if the server is trying their best in a bad situation maybe a tip a bit bigger then normal just to help them out and show you really appreciate what they are doing and going through for you.

For sure.  If a dummy manager didn't crew enough wait and kitchen staff to serve the patrons in a reasonable time, I think it's abhorrent to financially penalize the wait staff for it.  No matter how unhappy you are the manager setting the staffing schedule will get paid in full for the night.  As far as I'm concerned, unless the wait staff is outright rude or something, any component job gets 15%.

2 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

YES! Bacon in maple syrup is actually good xD Just make sure to eat it before it get soggy l

I wonder if there are people living up north in Canada like the ones close to the Arctic Circle. 

@8uhbbhu8 With the exception of BC, is Uber a thing in most places in Canada?

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

I've been most places in the US

I've been to the Pacific Northwest, sorta? The furthest west I was in Washington/Oregon was like the area around Pendleton, OR and Walla Walla, WA. I guess Ohio is still technically the midwest lol

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

@8uhbbhu8 With the exception of BC, is Uber a thing in most places in Canada?

Larger cities I presume. Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Ontario, Montreal, Quebec City, etc.

7 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I wonder if there are people living up north in Canada like the ones close to the Arctic Circle. 

The Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut all have people living in them. The population is quite small compared to everywhere else though. 95% of our population is in the bottom 20% of the country north south wise. Yukon and NWT have the highest pop of the 3 Nunavut is really sparse and hard to live in. Food is super expensive even in northern Manitoba right now due to transport problems. Most people you find up there are whats left of the Inuit that stayed, Military personnel, Scientists, and those few that live in the other 2 mentioned

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

39163967_-_22_07_2016_-_file_south_korea

Looks like a great airline and country to go and visit. Am going to plan vacay rn. /S

But seriously, I'd like to go to South Korea. And then a few thousand miles north to collude with the Russians

1 minute ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

The Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut all have people living in them. The population is quite small compared to everywhere else though. 95% of our population is in the bottom 20% of the country north south wise. Yukon and NWT have the highest pop of the 3 Nunavut is really sparse and hard to live in. Food is super expensive even in northern Manitoba right now due to transport problems. Most people you find up there are whats left of the Inuit that stayed, Military personnel, Scientists, and those few that live in the other 2 mentioned

This would be the most northern place I ever lived growing up and it's still fairly south of the 60th paralleled.  Though keep zooming out.  HUNDREDS of kilometers of rocks and trees and water and nothing else in every direction.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Happy+Valley-Goose+Bay,+NL/@53.3429749,-60.5315545,31088m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4c7b7a8694669de5:0xe0310cf21c3faf20!8m2!3d53.3016826!4d-60.3260842

Just now, wcreek said:

39163967_-_22_07_2016_-_file_south_korea

Looks like a great airline and country to go and visit. Am going to plan vacay rn. /S

You can actually be a tourist in North Korea but you have to travel first to Beijing, China and have an orientation on how to be a NK tourist for 7 to 10 days. Afterwards, you'll board a plane and once you arrive to Pyongyang, you cannot travel anywhere unless your tour guide and translator says so. As it turns out, you have to turn over your passport and your computers and smartphones are banned for use. You cannot take pictures and video unless you ask the permission of your guide. 

4 minutes ago, wcreek said:

But seriously, I'd like to go to South Korea. And then a few thousand miles north to collude with the Russians

You can have a trip to South Korea and get to the most heavily military fortified place in the entire peninsula called the "Demilitarized Zone" which was built when both NK and SK signed an armistice agreement. Technically, both countries are still at war but they're on a ceasefire. On that place, you can be in both North and South Korea at the same time.

Just now, wcreek said:

I know lol.

Tbh DPRK patriotic music is great lol/

I'd pick our journalists who say "ATM Machine" over this lady in a pink kimono in their propaganda network. From the looks of it, she's in the same buffet table with the Supreme Leader while the rest of their citizens are eating sawdust cakes or sauteed earthworms while dying from severe malnutrition. And their labor camp workers are tax free unlike in the west.

1 hour ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

What happened? Do you think its at least passable for you?

Were I my own interviewer, I'd have probably shown myself the door 10 minutes in.

To be fair, I hadn't actually gotten the email that gives the recruiter's decision as to whether or not I get the 2nd in-person interview, but I'm not particularly optimistic.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

37 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Nah, queer people shouldn't come to Canada.  It's terrible here.

14230550260_3ccd3a5989_b.jpg

I thought that said "SIN" instead of "STN" for a moment lmao

Guys... I ordered Sonic Mania Collectors Edition ELEVEN MONTHS in advance on Amazon.  They failed to ship it and sold out.  They THINK they can restock in 3-5 days and will ship them but what is even the POINT of pre-ordering?

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Guys... I ordered Sonic Mania Collectors Edition ELEVEN MONTHS in advance on Amazon.  They failed to ship it and sold out.  They THINK they can restock in 3-5 days and will ship them but what is even the POINT of pre-ordering?

There is none. Don't pre-order. That fancy statue isn't worth it.