[US-Amazon] Sapphire R9 290X 4GB at $329.99

HmmR

329.99 what? USD, GBP, BTC, EUR, AUD?

c'mon OP step up.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

329.99 what? USD, GBP, BTC, EUR, AUD?

c'mon OP step up.

Because the standard currency on the Amazon US store is AUD,EUR,GBP, or BTC.

How would anyone possibly guess from the title saying [uS-Amazon] that it would be in USD.

Step up OP

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

#NvidiaMasterRace?

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

no its not. stock per stock clocks the gtx 970 wins http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1056?vs=1355

however that is the gtx 970 G1 gaming. absolutely annihilates even the best r9 290X(vapor-x).and it still has room to OC more

That's one of the highest factory clocked 970s vs the absolute worst 290x with the crap reference blower and constant 94C temperature with the associated throttling in the anandtech benchmarks.

That's one of the highest factory clocked 970s vs the absolute worst 290x with the crap reference blower and constant 94C temperature with the associated throttling in the anandtech benchmarks.

Not to add any fuel. I'm just curious as I just bought the G1 and am new to the PC world. What is one of the higher clocked 290X? Id like to search some comparisons.

Not to add any fuel. I'm just curious as I just bought the G1 and am new to the PC world. What is one of the higher clocked 290X? Id like to search some comparisons.

Sapphire Tri-X is 1040 MHz I think. The Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 is the best price to performance card in the high end, especially at $315 now.

Because the standard currency on the Amazon US store is AUD,EUR,GBP, or BTC.

How would anyone possibly guess from the title saying [uS-Amazon] that it would be in USD.

Step up OP

Ayy nice try kid. When my comment was originally made the title didn't say US Amazon on it.

Better luck next time.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

i also found this at Directron for $309.99 and a $20 MIR totalling $289.99 US shipped..

http://www.directron.com/112270040g.htm

Well of course a 290 would cost less than a 290x

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Well of course a 290 would cost less than a 290x

opps.. my bad, missed the x

The 290X is faster than the GTX 970, this is established common knowledge.

If by "this is established common knowledge," you mean "sometimes," then yea you're totally right.

But otherwise, you aren't, because the two are on par at best.

Better than a 970 on a crap ton of games*

Fixed it for ya!

67883.png

67885.png

67892.png

67894.png (this is an AMD title btw)

67895.png

67897.png

The two offer essentially the same performance, with the 970 having the upper hand in power efficiency and heat output. I thought this was common knowledge.

Not trying to be a fanboy at all, and I actually have a gtx 970 reference myself, but those games are all not dx12. The r9 290x can match the titan x in dx12 games. 

http://wccftech.com/amd-r9-290x-fast-titan-dx12-enabled-3dmark-33-faster-gtx-980/

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/3DMark-API-Overhead-Feature-Test-Early-DX12-Performance

Those are draw calls, not performance, please don't confuse the two.

Please look at the graphs again and compare draw calls on DX11 as well. The R9 290X makes more draw calls in DX11, but the Titan X outperforms it by a significant amount despite that. So do draw calls translate to total performance? No.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

wait so the 290X is cheaper and better than the 970... wut

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

but don't forget, the 290x opened at $595 18 months ago on launch. then the

mining community tore into the price point and now since the washout of mining

the older cards fell in price and have leveled out. but with the advent of the

R9 300-series, these in stock prices will fall again (even though some R9 200

series will be renamed R9 300).

do you see that it says in big letters ''WITH REFERENCE BIOS'' ? so it has stock clocks. no card in the whole anandtech bench is OC`ed

The 290X is faster than the GTX 970, this is established common knowledge.

The benchmarks provided by s3ns3 are deeply flawed, look at the BF4 benchmark where they're showing the R9 290X tied with an R9 280X. I would hardly call those results reliable or in fact correct.

Based on the latest drivers and in an average of 19 different games the R9 290X was in fact faster than the GTX 970 in 4K, 1440P and tied in 1080p.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_Titan_X/29.html

Lastly neither the R9 290X or the GTX 970 should even be considered for 1080p gaming, as you'll just waste the performance of such powerful GPUs at 1080p.

Unless you're running a 120Hz monitor an R9 285 or GTX 960 are better choices for 1080p.

3% faster in 1440p. Thats well with in the margin of error. Also at 1080p a 290x or 970 aren't overkill in all honesty. There are games in which the 285 and 960 can't even muster 60 fps at 1080p with all settings near max. The 970 and 290x will also serve you for a longer period of time. Late because forum wasn't working

From my own testing a 1300 core / 6000 mem 290X is faster than a 1585 core / 8000 mem 970 especially over 1080P. At 4K it's not even close

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2