Valve Approved Half Life 2: Update

qwertywarrior

I know. BUT WE WANT THE THIRD SON. GabeN. Pay those workers and make the friggin game instead of wasting money on chips and shit, you FatN.

They don't want to risk HL and their reputation. 

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I was thinking of downloading this. Then I saw the Ravenholm comparisons and remembered about that level... I don't like that level.

I remember when for some reason I was compelled by some dark forces to complete the level only using the gravity gun(or the zero point whatever manipulator).

All for a fucking achievement.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Awesome

"If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live."   -Martin Luther King, Jr

haven't played any of these half life games.  The Cinematic mod one looks good.

Looks great. Now to get HL.

Wait, if I have the SDK bases, can I play the update?

Is the original better than the Source version?

I played Source version for the first time a while ago. I highly recommend you to play the Original one.. it is far superior.. why? I encountered so many bugs in the Source version it is not even funny. Some gamebreaking bugs too that I was able to go around just because I know how to exploit the game. Also the weapons and sounds were weird.. and a lot of other things bothered me too. It also doesent look much better than the original one.

But you can try Black Mesa which is fan made Half-Life 1 remastered into new graphics. It is missing end of the game though (Xen). This one is worth playing for sure if you are willing to miss out on Xen which was not very good anyway (my opinion).

Tomorrow eh? I'll be sure to download it, I guess is time for some HL2 again.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I just wish someone would continue the work of the HL2 render in the Unreal 3 engine.

FUmUsMs.jpg

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

People are excited for a mod that will make slight improvements on an 11 year old game? Really?

I was thinking of downloading this. Then I saw the Ravenholm comparisons and remembered about that level... I don't like that level.

Ravenholm is the best level of the game, just gravity gun your way to the end, it helps if you keep D0g's ball and bring it there xD.

And about your question of the original being better than the Source one, yes, at least the original lets you change the FoV,

Valve broke Source and now you can't go over 90º, but on the original one, 115º makes the game better.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

All I have to say:

n7Lt3so.jpg

Lmao

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

I just wish someone would continue the work of the HL2 render in the Unreal 3 engine.

FUmUsMs.jpg

I imagine it would be too much work and you would need a sizeable team and a lot of time to do that with that level of detail...

Is it just me, or does this update mod look almost exactly the same.

There are only 3 things that are noticable out of the gate, brighter colors, better shadows and better background detail. There was another HL2 graphics mod I saw a while back, I forget what it was, but it looked way better than this one.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Can someone explain to me why everyone seems to care so much about a Half Life? The first was pretty good for its time but the second really just wasn't that great either single or multiplayer.  (No I'm not in anyway trying to insult anyone I'm just curious why half life is so desired when I can name many games more deserving of a sequel)

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

I just finished it for the 10th time, but will definitely play it again.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

But this is fan-made...

Still an excuse to complain about Half-Life 3 :P

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Can someone explain to me why everyone seems to care so much about a Half Life? The first was pretty good for its time but the second really just wasn't that great either single or multiplayer. (No I'm not in anyway trying to insult anyone I'm just curious why half life is so desired when I can name many games more deserving of a sequel)

Half life 2 is a very good game in it's own right, at least the second half. And the two smaller subsequent episodes are probably better.

But the Internet has taken it along with the mythical HL3 and hyped them beyond reason so much so that now it's almost a parody of itself. And all this had happened without valve fuelling it- just something the Internet does.

Why UE3 when UE4 is out for free, is much more advanced and easier to use?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Do we need to purchase HL2 to play this?

I've never played a HL game.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

Why UE3 when UE4 is out for free, is much more advanced and easier to use?

Cos the groundwork for it was done in UE3 already :P

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.