And on that bombshell...

This is where Mr Clarkson will end up ;)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

oI6K3R1.png

Don't get down, everyone. It'll be back, just not on BBC

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Here's hoping may and hammond quite, and find a new network to make Top Gear on, one without all the annoying ass rules and regulations of the BBC.

Frankly it's the BBC (and it's 'annoying ass rules and regulations') that gave Top Gear the opportunity to become what it has.  No advertisers to upset and a massive broadcaster to promote it etc.  Look at Fifth Gear in comparison.

As for the decision it's nothing to do with the BBC's rules it's to do with the Health and Safety at Work Act you can't go around punching other staff members (unless you're a boxer I guess!)

http://www.hse.gov.uk/violence/index.htm

Look at the pressure (and indeed compensation cases) the Beeb are facing post-Savile they can tolerate many things but assaulting a staff member made the outcome a certainly and it's no surprise that North Yorks. Police are now wanting a copy of the report.

Again, WHO IS THIS MIDDLE-TO-LATE AGED MAN AND WHY IS HE SO IMPORTANT?

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Again, WHO IS THIS MIDDLE-TO-LATE AGED MAN AND WHY IS HE SO IMPORTANT?

He's the man that took over Angela Rippon's old job on Top Gear.

The producer needs to grow a set

It was literally the only show I watched on TV, well now my TV is completely useless I guess...

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

The producer didn't report it, Clarkson reported himself the producer has done nothing wrong.  That said it's nothing to do with testicular fortitude whether you allow yourself to be assaulted at work.

The producer didn't report it, Clarkson reported himself.

Not a wise decision I'd say

Not a wise decision I'd say

Better it come from him than someone who might overreact. All in all, and the actual action aside, he's done what he needed to do.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

As much as I like Clarkson, Top Gear and all that, they let him off the hook too many times. He cannot just act with impunity.

post-621-0-37788300-1427298060.png

post-621-0-37788300-1427298060.png

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

my hope is some other company will buy out top gear from bbc

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Would you be happy if someone punched you over food?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

The three will be unemployed for a couple days, tops.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I am very sad by these news but since it has now been confirmed that he punched a producer I have to say he kind of deserved it.

But then again... 25 years and then get fired for hitting someone? Sure he has been warned before but those warnings have usually been bullshit, like saying Mexican food gives you diarrhea.

Has no one given any thought about what will happen to The Stig?!

What in the name of god convinced these morons to fire Clarkson and destroy one of the most beloved shows, over some rich little pissant getting a fat lip. They could have solved everything, with just getting Clarkson to agree to let the producer punch him in the face, on the air. Would have settled the issue, and would have gotten huge ratings.

But no, had to fire him because someone's too butt hurt over a fat lip, and now one of the best shows ever, is dead.

I am very sad by these news but since it has now been confirmed that he punched a producer I have to say he kind of deserved it.

But then again... 25 years and then get fired for hitting someone? Sure he has been warned before but those warnings have usually been bullshit, like saying Mexican food gives you diarrhea.

I'd say that destroying a show, over a fat lip, is bit excessive. Used to be that people acted like grown ups and settled things, instead of getting someone fired, and ultimately ruining everything for everyone.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Goodbye Top Gear, it was a great Time with you. 

Without the three together, it will just be another car show. 

o>

Ad victoriam ex machina non sibi sed patriae

This seems to be one of these topics that people just split into black and white. Like usually on the internet.

Have people forgotten the middle ground. Because that's often were the real issue is.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Pretty sure another company would love to pick them all up.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

This seems to be one of these topics that people just split into black and white. Like usually on the internet.

Have people forgotten the middle ground. Because that's often were the real issue is.

There's not really a middle ground to violence in the workplace.  Employers have a duty of care and as it appears Clarkson didn't dispute the version of events put forward in the report the result was inevitable.

There's not really a middle ground to violence in the workplace.  Employers have a duty of care and as it appears Clarkson didn't dispute the version of events put forward in the report the result was inevitable.

But that is just a little bit of what happened. 

And I'm not sure if it's 100% sure that he punched someone. And if he did why exactly.

You can't say that all who have punched someone are assholes.

I think this is more of a phenomenon related to how people these days almost make tv personalities their heroes.

While we really have no idea what they actually are and why they do the things we do.

And in this instance that is reflected in what we see about this Clarkson incidence. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

He's done stupid shit well over a dozen times about, making comments that could be considered racist, homophobic and insensitive to many other people, including suicidal people and disabled people. While I've never really been one to take anything he's said seriously, he's been warned so many times about it that I just can't feel bad for him that he kept pushing his luck. It's not surprising that things turned out the way they did, and while I don't have anything against the man I can't fault the BBC for doing what they did. They've already been far more lenient with him than they would have been with anyone else.