Watch_Dogs; Is it worth playing w/ Graphics mods?

Noober62

So I was planning to get watchdogs on steam because I thought I'd give it a try. I liked AC;Rouge, so watchdogs might not be that bad.

The graphics probably got better.(hopefully)

The game has been out for about 5 or 6 months.

If there are any graphics enhancing mods, can anyone tell me what they are and if they make the game more fun.

Even regular mods that make the game more fun can help too!

---Nate the Great!

I believe there are tutorials on how to get the graphics shown at E3 by deleting some files but I'm not sure. I thought it was good but if you want a full review look up watchdogs angry review on YouTube

I Hate Ubisoft and They don't deserve my Money after I trusted them for Unity

Because he had a hard drive.

How hard was this?

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=watch+dogs+mods&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=NywQVf6aAdff8AXCvoCACQ

Google it, then Youtube it. if you like what you see, download it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

The graphics are actually quite decent even without mods, the game got downgraded sure but its not THAT bad to look at

I actually enjoyed it, if you take it for what it is

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

There are mods, although I've never used them.

For me, the biggest issue was the shit storyline, and the terrible soundtrack, although both of those are subjective.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So I was planning to get watchdogs on steam because I thought I'd give it a try. I liked AC;Rouge, so watchdogs might not be that bad.

The graphics probably got better.(hopefully)

The game has been out for about 5 or 6 months.

If there are any graphics enhancing mods, can anyone tell me what they are and if they make the game more fun.

Even regular mods that make the game more fun can help too!

I dont think the game looks bad... its not a good game in general imo. It seems Ubitsoft games follows the same format for everything, its feels like AC to me and id rather play that instead.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Its was for me... 

My unpopular opinion: Graphics>fps :/

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

There's actually higher quality graphics hidden in the files, which seems to be the ones used in E3. There is a mod for unlocking it, although it's somewhat buggy.

The files may have been patched out though, not too familiar with it.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

I don't think it needs mods, I played the game to 100% completion and I was playing it down sampled from 1440p, HBAO+ high, no motion blur,DoF On, LoD Ultra, Shadows Ultra, Reflections/Water/Shader High, Textures High, and MSAA on x2 and I thought the game looked excellent. The Texture detail was well above most games with the smallest text on signs being 100% legible with no noticeable blockiness or blurriness. The the game's graphical effects were very satisfying and believable and after installing the so called "graphical fix" mods to the game I thought it looked hideous and my performance tanked. People freaked out over the supposed "massive" difference between what were shown at E3 and what we got while completely ignoring the fact that the game that we got still looked dammed good. I would provide screenshots of the game running but the only ones I took at the time were of the settings I was running. I don't own the game so in order to take some shots I would have to re-pirate it.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

it's worth playing if you're not bothered by ubisoft game mechanics like going to a tower to unlock an area of the map and the side activities...

They've done that in so many of their games i can't stand it anymore.

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

I just bought it and it runs pretty bad on my machine (30 FPS & High w/ TheWorse mod, GTX 960 and G3258 8GB RAM) But then again its a shitty ubi port so whom knows. The game does look pretty fantastic with graphics mods though, very pretty/

CPU: G3258 @ 4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 OC RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 SSD: Corsair LS 120GB Case: Antec GX500 Mouse: Logitech G402 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Headphones: Shure SRH440 Microphone: That Zalman Zm-Mic1 that everyone recommends but noone uses

Remember when the R9 280 was the HD 7950? Pepperidge Farm remembers.  

Running two AMD Cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

Is it worth punching yourself in the face with a boxing glove as it doesn't hurt as much as a normal fist for the sake of it?

I have it and it runs like shit..even on my 980.

That's including theworse mod (the graphics mods to make it kinda what it was meant to look like)

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I believe there are tutorials on how to get the graphics shown at E3 by deleting some files but I'm not sure. I thought it was good but if you want a full review look up watchdogs angry review on YouTube

yes theres a "mod" for that somewhere that enables the E3 feature

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I really enjoyed the game, using your phone to hack entry to things and mess with traffic lights etc is a pretty new concept. Sure it requires a lot better PC to run on full ultra than it should but it really isn't that bad as long as you try and avoid driving through high pop area's all the time, that gets choppy. 

I enjoyed it multiplayer was great and when TheWorstMod came out I actually restarted it all with said mod.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

What people fail to understand is that The Worse Mod isn't the E3 graphics, it just DOF overkill and a few things like dynamics headlights

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I foyu get it here is where i got my e3 mod from.
By far the best place to get it..also very easy to install.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=393192

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I just bought it and it runs pretty bad on my machine (30 FPS & High w/ TheWorse mod, GTX 960 and G3258 8GB RAM) But then again its a shitty ubi port so whom knows. The game does look pretty fantastic with graphics mods though, very pretty/

Thats not the fault of the game but the pentium...

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

I enjoyed the game well enough, though I'll say I played it during the time when the mods were only starting to become user friendly and work as well as they do now.  In it's current form the mods do add quite a bit of nice extras that don't really impact performance at all from what I could tell (things like shadows from headlights from cars, level of depth of field, and how trees react to wind are some of the more noticeable changes with the mods).  I played most of it on a gtx 680 w/ 4gig of vram, was getting between 35-50 fps then.  When I replaced that with a 980 I can play with everything turned all the way up and stay around 60.

The game itself is fun, and I'm glad I played through it.  I liked all the side things you can do like hacking random security cameras to look into people's homes and such to see funny things happen.  Was not worth the preordering of the digital deluxe edition though (that's the last preorder I've done, other than GTA5 for pc and MKX for pc as those have a high chance of being good on PC and good in general).  If you can get Watch Dogs on sale and have a PC that can get past the poor optimization they did on PC, then go for it imo.

I don't think it's worth playing with graphic mods or without, personally. The combat is muddy and weak, the writing is utter rubbish, and the open-world gameplay is, at best, middling. It's an alright open-world game if you aren't totally sick of the genre yet, but there are simply better alternatives out there.

Had it on PS4, never finished it as the story was un-inspired and cliche. The drop-in/drop-out multi-player aspect was fun for a while, but other than that nothing special.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP