Australia's Internet Compromised

Shortly ISP's may soon have the ability to hand out your information to private companies.

http://action.sumofus.org/a/corporate-isp-abuse/

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

Shortly ISP's may soon have the ability to hand out your information to private companies.

http://action.sumofus.org/a/corporate-isp-abuse/

Petitions only work if your country's leader isn't a complete and utter fuckwit. Sadly we're SoL on that front.

Honestly im embarrassed by some of the policies the current government has implemented and tried to implement, i would hate to see how much they would have pushed through if they had the majority in the senate. Scary stuff :(

Honestly, it's like America. Shitty service and shitty customer satisfaction for stupidly high prices. When will the madness ever end?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

well....sheit

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Honestly, it's like America. Shitty service and shitty customer satisfaction for stupidly high prices. When will the madness ever end?

When about 10 million people (minimum) march on their respective capitols and demand that the current members of government step down, and accept a lifetime ban from politics for themselves along with their friends and families.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That title is a way overstatement of the article/issue, not to mention its a repost

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/318422-australian-isps-to-introduce-3-strike-anti-piracy-scheme/

It's not a repost, it's a petition, technically it shouldn't be in the news section though.

Also that submission won't work in it's current format because under Australian privacy laws it is illegal to hand over private information to third parties without express consent.  And I don't think companies can make that a compulsory part of the service contract given that the contracts are tied to telephone which is covered by it's own strict laws. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

When about 10 million people (minimum) march on their respective capitols and demand that the current members of government step down, and accept a lifetime ban from politics for themselves along with their friends and families.

And IIRC, they were gonna raise the broadband minimum to 25Mbps. They better do that soon, or i will leave the country.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The end of their insane pensions would be good too, 3 years in office and they are set for life.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The end of their insane pensions would be good too, 3 years in office and they are set for life.

Well that's a given, political donations must be tracked, their sources made public, what they are spent on made public and accounted for, and any and all pay for elected officials eliminated, or at best, set to the average income of the american citizen (talking about the US here, replace american with your own country's name if necessary)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I don't mind the pension, but it should be strongly linked to their performance in office.  Pricks like peter slipper and Craig Thomson should forfeit theirs,  Gillard should be on a severely reduced one for lying. etc.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

And IIRC, they were gonna raise the broadband minimum to 25Mbps. They better do that soon, or i will leave the country.

No you won't.

The only country with worse internet than North Korea.

Australia-Internet-Censorship.jpg

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Oh, so it's just like the US then.

Welcome to the club, it's a terrible club to be in.

It's like the US, just 20 years behind. 

The only country with worse internet than North Korea.

Australia-Internet-Censorship.jpg

True for 99% of all areas 10KM+ from an exchange, oh, wait, f***.

PMSL

Another sensationalist article. 

If you go to the source (sydney morning herald) The actual proposed law is an ammendment to the "3-strike" rule. If you disobey three times, THEN they can retrieve your information. 

They can't just do it willy-nilly. That would be fucking retarded.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Another sensationalist article. 

If you go to the source (sydney morning herald) The actual proposed law is an ammendment to the "3-strike" rule. If you disobey three times, THEN they can retrieve your information. 

They can't just do it willy-nilly. That would be fucking retarded.

Letting them access our information at all is retarded, especially when nothing is actually being done to solve the issues that cause piracy. This is simply another 'law' made to benefit corporations, who pay off the government.

PMSL

What's up with the source. Sumofus.org are infamous spammers. I have an email address that contains my surname and the first letter of my given name, and they send me email addressed to my surname and a different given name that starts with the same letter. Totally legit...

Aussies wake the fuck up,riot/protest time so much for democracy people just asume democracy runs by itself,wake up you need to protest when they fuck you in the ass and take your money for it too.