A hotfix for the new light and dark themes [NOTE: DEPRECATED]

Hello there, fellow members!

As some of the GUI elements of the brand new dark theme (at time of writing) have been bothering me, and taking @Syntaxvgm's widescreen fix as an inspiration, I decide to write a userstyle for myself, and share it with the rest of you:

DARK THEME: -DEPRECATED-
LIGHT THEME: -DEPRECATED-
In order to utilize this, you need to first install Stylish (supported platforms: Firefox, Firefox(Android), Chrome, Opera, Safari)

NOTE: The current userstyles are effectively broken under the updated forum, and thus have been deprecated. If you are using these styles, then disable or remove them. Whether or not these styles will be updated are be up in the air at time of writing.

Edited by Colonel_Gerdauf
Change of format for underlying forum domain

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

it changed nothing for me on chrome, it works a little different on chrome

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Could you, perhaps, include a screenshot of the changes? :)

For me if I install a new theme to a site that already has one installed it screws it all up and I have to redownload them all, so it would help me to decide to use it or not (and save myself a headache). :)

edit

nevermind, doesn't sound like much to just take screenshots of. What the hell, I'll just install and get the headache. ahah thanks for sharing!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

it changed nothing for me on chrome, it works a little different on chrome

Interesting. I have run this myself on Chrome and it worked just fine. I will look into the code again and see what is wrong.

Could you, perhaps, include a screenshot of the changes? :)

For me if I install a new theme to a site that already has one installed it screws it all up and I have to redownload them all, so it would help me to decide to use it or not (and save myself a headache). :)

edit

nevermind, doesn't sound like much to just take screenshots of. What the hell, I'll just install and get the headache. ahah thanks for sharing!

What you should keep in mind is that unlike some of the other LTT userstyles, this is not a total theme overhaul or rework. Rather, it focuses piece-by-piece on the specific components that are either difficult to read or stick out like a sore thumb. Even if I did manage to get the screenshots, it would require several different before/after photo comparisons which would make this more convoluted than it needs to be.

It would also bog down this thread to a snails pace.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Update: A light theme counterpart has been made. If you need to use the day theme, the hotfix is now available. Just delete the original, as that was intended for the dark/night theme, and install the new style (link is in the OP).

Do you have screenshots?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Do you have screenshots?

I would really like to post them, but as I have already explained above, the nature of this style makes it remarkably difficult to deliver the purpose of it via screenshots.

• 1 month later...

Time to put this on my laptop...

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

• 8 months later...

NOTE: The current userstyles are effectively broken under the updated forum, and thus have been deprecated. If you are using these styles, then disable or remove them. Whether or not these styles will be updated are be up in the air at time of writing.