Nvidia Related rebrand SLI

Zackey_TNT

Hi after reading an interesting topic made by someone about the cards that have been "rebranded" from both nvidia and AMD i was wondering (NOT ATTEPTING!!)

Since the GTX 760 is just a rebranded GTX 670 is it possible in theory to SLI these two cards if you got both of them at the same VRAM? Is it possible by default? Maybe by using a hacked BIOS?

Some you can..

260x can be paired with the 7790.

270x can be paired with the 7870.

280/280x can be paired with the 7950/7970.

Dunno about Nvidia...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Amd allows that usually, for example 7870xt, 7950, 7970, r9 280 and r9280x all xfire because they have the same core, be it cut down our not.

I haven't heard of nvidia allowing this though.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Nvidia is pretty strict about SLI-ing their cards so I don't think you can do that.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

With NVIDIA its not possible with AMD however it is

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Interesting, anyone know why Nvidia lock down like they do? any reason why these cards couldn't run?

I believe it's because of the different architectures inside of the cards, they're just not compatible

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)

The mentioned AMD cards are just rebrands, that's why they work.

The 280x is just a 7970,

Plus AMD has done more work on unbalanced multi-gpu solutions because of their APUs and hybrid crossfire though. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I believe it's because of the different architectures inside of the cards, they're just not compatible

They both run kepler

The mentioned AMD cards are just rebrands, that's why they work.

The 280x is just a 7970,

Plus AMD has done more work on unbalanced multi-gpu solutions because of their APUs and hybrid crossfire though.

Thanks!

Not always. NVIDIA locks it down artificially in some cases.

Examples?

Yes i'd like to hear the story behind this, When have they done this? And do you think, Linus They could (if Nvidia wanted to) SLI with eachother?

Yes i'd like to hear the story behind this, When have they done this? And do you think, Linus They could (if Nvidia wanted to) SLI with eachother?

Because NVIDIA gets off sexually by locking stuff down even if it doesn't help them in any way, or even hurts them. 

Physx, gsync, gamestream, overclocking on mobile to name a few. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Because NVIDIA gets off sexually by locking stuff down even if it doesn't help them in any way, or even hurts them. 

Physx, gsync, gamestream, overclocking on mobile to name a few. 

Yes, They do. So would you say it is possible (ish) but nvidia dont want you simply buying a GTX 760 and pairing it with your GTX 670 that you already have?

Hi after reading an interesting topic made by someone about the cards that have been "rebranded" from both nvidia and AMD i was wondering (NOT ATTEPTING!!)

Since the GTX 760 is just a rebranded GTX 670 is it possible in theory to SLI these two cards if you got both of them at the same VRAM? Is it possible by default? Maybe by using a hacked BIOS?

First off the 760 is not a direct rebrand of the 670, second Nvidia does not allow cross sku SLI. A pair of cards has to have the same chip(which means same core count and bus width) and the same memory amount to work in SLI. There are some instances where exact rebrands should work in SLI due to those per-requisites I mentioned but Nvidia disabled that ability though the possibility of SLI'ing a 680 with a 770 seems likely with some bios kajiggering though I've never heard of anyone trying.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Yes, They do. So would you say it is possible (ish) but nvidia dont want you simply buying a GTX 760 and pairing it with your GTX 670 that you already have?

I guess so. I could be wrong. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Nvidia just have a standard they adhere too. AMD also have a standard but it's a bit more open to abuse.

Nvidia are strict in this respect. Apparently before you could SLI a 6gb 780 with a 3gb one, but they decided to disable that too.

Nvidia are strict in this respect. Apparently before you could SLI a 6gb 780 with a 3gb one, but they decided to disable that too.

aww really? Dicks. There's no reason for that. I should just default to the lower Vram, like it always has. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Oooooo, A quote from Linus himself. I feel special now :)

Oh and back on topic, I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out :D

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)