1995 Mustang Build Log

Guest Philosophy
Go to solution Solved by Real_PhillBert,

With a supercharger and a performance chip, I should be able to get at least 400HP out of the 5.0. 

Yeah with a bit of boost you will get 400 without much trouble. Mine is still N/A but I would really like to swap in a Coyote 5.0L and add a Kenne Bell with E-85 but other things always seem to take financial priority.

MUSTANG UPDATE: 

The Good: So I had my Mechanic look at my car again today, I had a sharp decrease is gas mileage again, the Air/Fuel Ratio was  off (WTF it has been checked many times in the last months), after driving it 150 miles, I am getting 21 MPG.  

The Bad: My speaker in the passenger side door went out (recommend a good speaker set?)

MUSTANG UPDATE: 

The Good: So I had my Mechanic look at my car again today, I had a sharp decrease is gas mileage again, the Air/Fuel Ratio was  off (WTF it has been checked many times in the last months), after driving it 150 miles, I am getting 21 MPG.  

The Bad: My speaker in the passenger side door went out (recommend a good speaker set?)

Heyooo, called it.

Imho I would get something like OE replacements just because the stock system doesn't exactly do power..at all..

I found FR500 Rims for 600 bucks with tires. They are 100s of miles away though, still within my state.. 

~40% the price of a new set online.

Imho I would get something like OE replacements just because the stock system doesn't exactly do power..at all..

I have the amp and speakers from an 03 mach sound system, So I don't need anything but new speakers. 

How on Earth did I miss this?

*f*cking sandstorm*

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I have the amp and speakers from an 03 mach sound system, So I don't need anything but new speakers. 

I'd just get the Mach speakers then.

How on Earth did I miss this?

*f*cking sandstorm*

No clue, its been here since February! 

I'd just get the Mach speakers then.

There so damn bass-y. I am wondering if I get some less bass-y speakers if it will still sound good if not better. 

There so damn bass-y. I am wondering if I get some less bass-y speakers if it will still sound good if not better. 

You can have speakers that aren't super bass-y but still sound very clean.

You can have speakers that aren't super bass-y but still sound very clean.

I might look into so some less bass-y speakers. 

I love you read up on this. Considering buying a foxbody with a knocking motor

Thanks! Foxbody's are an under-rated little 'stang! Those years produce more power than the early SN-95s with some light modifications those Foxbody's are sweet!  

Thanks! Foxbody's are an under-rated little 'stang! Those years produce more power than the early SN-95s with some light modifications those Foxbody's are sweet!  

mint yellow convt. fox for 1100 with rod knock, so new motor.

or, a gray 1987, 53K miles, t tops, full roll cage, minor engine mods, minor paint damage, for 1900. hum. T tops would be so sweet. 

lots of people look at foxes are are like "thats a mustang?!" lol. I love them though. my dad has owned every gen of mustangs at some point, hes had 4 foxes I believe. 

a coyote engine swap would be bad ass, that and a blower and your making stupid power

mint yellow convt. fox for 1100 with rod knock, so new motor.

or, a gray 1987, 53K miles, t tops, full roll cage, minor engine mods, minor paint damage, for 1900. hum. T tops would be so sweet. 

lots of people look at foxes are are like "thats a mustang?!" lol. I love them though. my dad has owned every gen of mustangs at some point, hes had 4 foxes I believe. 

a coyote engine swap would be bad ass, that and a blower and your making stupid power

For sure! My fav gens go : 

1st Gen

SN-95

S550

Foxbody 

(then the rest, ending with mustang 2) 

My mom has owned:

1967 V8 Midnight Blue with Racing Stripes

1991 Foxbody V8, Red

1977 Mustang 2 I4 Green

She loved the first two, the mustang 2 on the other hand she hated xD

1st Gen

SN-95

2015 (Not sure of the name) 

Foxbody 

(then the rest) 

My mom has owned:

1991 Foxbody V8, Red

1977 Mustang 2 I4 Green

2015 = S550 I think

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Can you outline what that'll do for me? 

basically it will make your car handle as good as it possibly can.  The coilovers will allow you to dial in the suspension to be how soft or firm you want, the other pieces make the frame and rear axle stay in place so the body doesn't twist from torque when you apply power.  It helps with cornering/launching off of a start and makes you feel more like your car is under your control when you maneuver it, instead of floating around if you saw the wheel back and forth.  This kit is waaaaaaaay better than just lowering springs if you want the stance look, it's expensive, but is a well put together kit of well made parts

1st Gen

SN-95

2015 (Not sure of the name) 

Foxbody 

(then the rest) 

My mom has owned:

1991 Foxbody V8, Red

1977 Mustang 2 I4 Green

my dads had a hella lot of mustangs. its just been his life was mustangs. his FIRST car was a 1969 shelby gt500. had a car fire in just the engine bay/dash so got it dirt cheap. his buddy found another shelby with the Super cobra jet engine that was rear-ended and wrecked, so got the engine and parts out of that. kicking himself in the butt everyday that he sold it for 12K i believe, its incredible what they go for now. right now he as a 2012 GT/CS convertible. 

2015s are s550 I believe

2015s are s550 I believe

They are! :)

Mustang Update:

I've been tinkering with these headlights for days now, the tolerances are really bad (I made a mold and they are literally 1/4 inch different), meaning they are permanently slightly cross-eyed, which for most people would not be a problem because it still does its job, but I cannot stand to not have them perfect, I contacted American Muscle the retailer my father bought them from. AM are letting me keep the current ones and sending me out some OEM headlights for free, great customer service! 

Mustang Update:

I've been tinkering with these headlights for days now, the tolerances are really bad (I made a mold and they are literally 1/4 inch different), meaning they are permanently slightly cross-eyed, which for most people would not be a problem because it still does its job, but I cannot stand to not have them perfect, I contacted American Muscle the retailer my father bought them from. AM are letting me keep the current ones and sending me out some OEM headlights for free, great customer service! 

D:

That sucks the tolerances are THAT off. Awesome for AM to give you some OEMs for free though, really awesome. :)

D:

That sucks the tolerances are THAT off. Awesome for AM to give you some OEMs for free though, really awesome. :)

100ths of an inch is bad tolerances for most factories!  

100ths of an inch is bad tolerances for most factories!  

Oh yeah. It really makes me want to stick with OE or OEM stuff even more. :/

Oh yeah. It really makes me want to stick with OE or OEM stuff even more. :/

Looks like I am going to be.