Jump to content

Rate my build and help me troubleshooting!

Hello everyone! Thanks for dropping by.

I built this Rig back in Late 2018.

Then in 2020 or 2021 can't remember, I updated my GPU to the current one.

 

And I have an issue that is occurring for about 2 years now, coincidently close to the time I switched to my new GPU.

 

What happens is that, the screen freezes for about 10 seconds, the audio freezes too, and then it comes back to normal, after starting the PC usually happens around 20 minutes after startup, then it happens randomly after the first time, it can happen when playing a game or just watching some YouTube on Chrome.

 

I'm now playing MSFS2020 and when this freeze happens, the game CTD, and it's a real pain in the *** since sometimes I'm mid flight and the game takes ages to load again.

 

I'm trying to fix this issue and I'm wanting to get ready for the release of the 2024 version of the game by updating my hardware.

 

I have two theories but I have no clue on how to test if they are the ones to blame.

 

1. Not enough RAM Memory

2. Power Supply not adequate for the specs.

 

MOBO: MSi B250 Gaming M3 (MS-7A62)

CPU: Intel i7 6700K

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super 8gb

RAM: 2x8gb HyperX Fury DDR4 2133Hz

PSU: EVGA 500W

Storage:

 - 250gb m2 SSD CT250P2SSD8 (OS Drive)
- ST2000DM006-2DM164 (For documents, pictures, programs...)
- ST2000NM0011 (For Old Media Storage and Backups)

 

I hope someone can help me sort this out and maybe give me some advice on what to upgrade!

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TiagoFreitas23 said:

Hello everyone! Thanks for dropping by.

I built this Rig back in Late 2018.

Then in 2020 or 2021 can't remember, I updated my GPU to the current one.

 

And I have an issue that is occurring for about 2 years now, coincidently close to the time I switched to my new GPU.

 

What happens is that, the screen freezes for about 10 seconds, the audio freezes too, and then it comes back to normal, after starting the PC usually happens around 20 minutes after startup, then it happens randomly after the first time, it can happen when playing a game or just watching some YouTube on Chrome.

 

I'm now playing MSFS2020 and when this freeze happens, the game CTD, and it's a real pain in the *** since sometimes I'm mid flight and the game takes ages to load again.

 

I'm trying to fix this issue and I'm wanting to get ready for the release of the 2024 version of the game by updating my hardware.

 

I have two theories but I have no clue on how to test if they are the ones to blame.

 

1. Not enough RAM Memory

2. Power Supply not adequate for the specs.

 

MOBO: MSi B250 Gaming M3 (MS-7A62)

CPU: Intel i7 6700K

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super 8gb

RAM: 2x8gb HyperX Fury DDR4 2133Hz

PSU: EVGA 500W

Storage:

 - 250gb m2 SSD CT250P2SSD8 (OS Drive)
- ST2000DM006-2DM164 (For documents, pictures, programs...)
- ST2000NM0011 (For Old Media Storage and Backups)

 

I hope someone can help me sort this out and maybe give me some advice on what to upgrade!

Thanks

Don't think its ram or CPU as the recommended RAM and CPU is 16gb and a i58400. Also don't think its PSU since the 2070 should only draw 175 w max and the i7 6700k should only draw about 100. Even if then GPU is drawing 300 watts it should be fine. Do you have your old GPU still? If so try that in the system and see what happens.

 

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).

I love Photography (Using a Canon 60D)

Love F1, my favourite team is Ferrari and my favourite driver is Leclerc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Don't think its ram or CPU as the recommended RAM and CPU is 16gb and a i58400. Also don't think its PSU since the 2070 should only draw 175 w max and the i7 6700k should only draw about 100. Even if then GPU is drawing 300 watts it should be fine. Do you have your old GPU still? If so try that in the system and see what happens.

 

I got the RTX because the old one, suddenly stopped working.

 

Could it possibly be because of the 3 Storage units I have?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The described behavior is often indicative of a driver problem or conflict.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, brob said:

The described behavior is often indicative of a driver problem or conflict.

I did several fresh installs of Windows.

Even bought the m2 ssd exclusively to the operating system.

 

The driver conflict you are talking about might have something to do with the other hard drives since they were never formatted when I re-installed windows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TiagoFreitas23 said:

The driver conflict you are talking about might have something to do with the other hard drives since they were never formatted when I re-installed windows.

 

Unlikely, but failing HDD can also exhibit this behavior.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, brob said:

 

Unlikely, but failing HDD can also exhibit this behavior.

What about the temperature of some component? Maybe high temperature

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TiagoFreitas23 said:

What about the temperature of some component? Maybe high temperature

 

Much less likely. Overheating generally causes a stop, sometimes with a burning odour.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, TiagoFreitas23 said:

I got the RTX because the old one, suddenly stopped working.

 

Could it possibly be because of the 3 Storage units I have?

oh. I'm not sure then, Sorry.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).

I love Photography (Using a Canon 60D)

Love F1, my favourite team is Ferrari and my favourite driver is Leclerc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×