Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

Buying a Padfone infinity 2 from the cheapest seller on amazon.

Some network bands don't work (might have been my fault for buying an overseas model)

Touch sensor periodically disables itself, and on top of that, it sometimes registers phantom touches

Part of the metal back is peeling off

some of the Asus implemented features decide to disappear randomly, have to manually activate them again.

Generally a terrible experience

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

I regret buying Turtle Beach  headphones. At the time I was desperate for some new headphones, and at the same  time I was still sorta playing Xbox, so my friends recommend me to buying Turtle beaches.  After a few months the head padding was wearing off, it fits horribly on my head when wear glasses and in general and the sound quality was pretty poor. I'm glad I brought them in a Christmas sale.

semi broken audio analog cable extension

intel stock fan.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

The regret is any is when I bought my GTX 650 Ti to replace the GT 630, as good as the 650 Ti is I should have gone straight to the GTX 660

I bought a 650Ti SSC (huge upgrade from a GT 440). It performs excellently for the price (especially as it was on sale), but it has a fin heatsink with a single loud fan. I don't regret it really (that 440 was really bad), but I'm somewhat irritated with the noise.

got Daylight for free

You're sort of lucky, that game is garbage, a 2 hour long fetch quest...

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

I regret the $52 I just spent on CS:GO skin cases. Best thing I got was a M4A1-S Nitros and I unboxed a StatTrak USP-S Blood something or other.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

My Samsung Galaxy S4 for $700 off of Amazon unlocked last year, and my S4 aluminum case that I bought for $15 from a Chinese seller in June that still didn't arrive and he made the estimated shipping time a day after the 45 days that eBay lets you file a dispute so I pretty much got scammed and I can't even make a dispute or leave negative feedback on his profile which is pretty crap. I'll leave a link to his profile below for you guys to beware. NEVER buy anything from this asshole.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Luxury-All-Metal-Aluminum-Ultra-thin-Case-Cover-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-SIV-I9500-/310831341493?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var&hash=item485efddfb5&_uhb=1

buying two 6670s instead of someting like a 7770 or a 7850

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

My keyboard, costed a month after half the price

Speakers: total overkill (SOLO7C)

original PC: locked CPU with 550 Ti SLI (when i first bought it), i only upgrade to get rid of those parts. And make a new pc with time

:/

My Razer mousepads (took two purchases and bad experiences to find out they are crap) and my GPU & CPU (should've invested a little more).

This may change, and I'll update it if it does, but what I regret the most is spending almost $100 on a Feenix Nascita gaming mouse this past May. It took forever for it to arrive, and when it did the buttons to adjust the DPI were broken, so I had to send it back almost immediately unless I wanted to use the default settings, which were just too different for me. While there is the redeeming factor of their tech support being absolutely amazing (I've been able to be in contact with actual people and I was told to send it back and a new one would be sent out free of charge) I still have no mouse upgrade 3 months after purchasing it... If I'd known I'd have probably just gotten a Zeus from Gamdias, as I know a few people who have had great results with that.

GeForce GT 610. If I waited two more weeks for shipping and payed 20 euros more, I coulda had a GeForce GT 630.

It was a Club 3D though (ultra rare, since Club 3D doesn't manufacture Nvidia cards anymore, and it runs really cool even with 15% OC).

It gets unstable at 25+% OC though, but that's normal.

Need for Speed Undercover for PC. (retail)

I got that on my birthday after release in 2008, as a gift. It ran very bad, and it was just as glitchy. Worst EA developed game.

A bunch of GPUs (including Radeon X1650 Pro by Sapphire), which were in bad condition and DoA

My original PC (back when it costed 1500 euros) with Pentium D 915 2.8GHz, 2GB DDR2 RAM (which died quite quick, so I got some Kingstons), Radeon Xpress 1250 (even though the case sticker noted Radeon Xpress 200). I killed the entire motherboard by playing Team Fortress 2 on "recommended settings" at 20-40fps.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

A pair of $100 Reloop headphones that I think were suggested on this forum ~2 years ago... They sounded like garbage, made my head feel like it was at the bottom of the ocean, and were in general just bad. The Amazon seller that sold them to me disappeared so I couldn't get a refund or send them back. I talked to Amazon about it and they gave me a $20 gift card so that was nice, but I still have these stupid things sitting in a drawer. Not even eBay wants them... Had them up for three months.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I regret buying my $800/£500 PC.

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

I wish I bought a nicer case for my rig, though I am still relatively happy with my choice, I would have loved to have some killer externals 

I regret buying my $800/£500 PC.

Any reason?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

When I bought my keyboard, then only to see at the shop next door, a ssd was on sale and was cheaper then my keyboard, or that with the keyboard money I could have bought a new mobo

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I try not to think of all the money I've handed over for shitty/unnecessary products.

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

I bought a Ipod 2nd gen for £282 and regretted it as the sound quality was poor compared to my Creative ZEN mp3 player and the truth is Apple products is not the best built as the Ipod lasted 3 months before had problems with it and the Zen is still going strong after all these years.

Cry Havoc!

My azza 9000 genesis (replaced by corsair carbide air 540)

Hyper 212 EVO

Corsair H110 AIO

Larkooler water cooling kit (shittiest pump/res imaginable)

EVGA 500w 80+bronze non modular PSU

AMD A10 5700 APU

Asus FM2 a85-v pro motherboard for the above mentioned APU (so much happier with my 4690k and gigabyte z97 board)

My "HD" sony bravia TV. Advertised in walmart as "HD", turns out it's 720p@60hz *bashes head into it* WHYYYYYYYYYY? For the price I paid I could have gotten a 144hz monitor. Bought it when I was a dirty console peasant.

EVGA gtx 660 instead of something better with more Vram.

My dinky cheap Ipod, replaced by windows 8 phone

Watch Dogs

the 120gig Samsung 840 pro SSD, wish I'd saved another 2 weeks and gotten a bigger one

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I bought a CS:GO weapon case and when I was going to open it, I was prompted that I didn't have the key. Me, spending all my cash on the Sale forgot about the key which is like $2. Sold the create for a cent more than what I bought it for.

I can think of many purchases that were irresponsible, but I can think of anything I really regret buying. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The thing i regret the most buying was my Samsung Series 7 Gamer NP700G7C for 1300€ on sale. Didn't look bad in specs for the time but had terrible build quality. Wrist rest was all scratched within a few weeks. Screen had was scratched because the keyboard would touch the panel with the lid closed, the keycaps from the keyboard broke off the stands more than once and several other issues. I did manage to get a refund after 7 months of complains to Samsung so it wasn't a complete waste of money.

My build: CPU: Intel i5-4690K; Motherboard: Asus RoG Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: Kingston Hyper X 16GB 1833Mhz; GPU: Gigabyte Windforce G1 Gaming GTX 960 2GB; PSU: Corsair CX750M; Storage: Kingston 240GB SSD + Synology NAS w/ WD Red 1TB; Cooling: Corsair H110Case: Corsair 450D; Accessories: Asus RoG Front Base;

A pair of $100 Reloop headphones that I think were suggested on this forum ~2 years ago... They sounded like garbage, made my head feel like it was at the bottom of the ocean, and were in general just bad. The Amazon seller that sold them to me disappeared so I couldn't get a refund or send them back. I talked to Amazon about it and they gave me a $20 gift card so that was nice, but I still have these stupid things sitting in a drawer. Not even eBay wants them... Had them up for three months.

Funny thing about this post is. This forum doesn't even exist two years lol. 

My biggest regret ever was buying a blackberry torch 9800 instead of an iPhone, man was i dumb.

Interested in Business and Technology