Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

Bought a powered USB hub, never even used once.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

the IPS monitor that I got.

I was disappointed that it wouldnt work with my OGSSAA mod.

However they are great for my eyefinity set up so ill be buying 2 more, but when I got it, I was seriously disappointed.

Not high-end, but I feel like I may regret my purchase I'm making today- a Moto G.

You probably will not regret that purchase, at least I have not so far. I bought the Moto G yesterday at Kmart (verizon prepaid plan), and it is a decent little phone. The only thing I do not like about it is the OS (Andriod). Seems everything is a 5 or so step process to accomplish, but that is Andriod. I will give you this though, it gets a far better signal than my Galaxy S2 ever did in this area on the same provider.

I regret buying an i7 2600 rather than the i7 2600k. Oh so young and foolish I was.

I regret the exact opposite. I hate my 2600k with a Firey passion, specifically because I need VT-d, which the K series does not, and because I was told that overclocking was a good way to boost performance (the 2-3% difference was not woth the $$ it cost for teh CPU or for the cooler *started with a Hyper 212 Evo (piece of junk that was)*).

I also regret buying a SSD. World changing difference my arse. The $100 it cost made the difference between 16 and 32GB of RAM, and I needed the 32GB. Still do, but the proce has gone up so much that I can make do with a single VM at a time for now.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

You probably will not regret that purchase, at least I have not so far. I bought the Moto G yesterday at Kmart (verizon prepaid plan), and it is a decent little phone. The only thing I do not like about it is the OS (Andriod). Seems everything is a 5 or so step process to accomplish, but that is Andriod. I will give you this though, it gets a far better signal than my Galaxy S2 ever did in this area on the same provider.

Good! Also, ew, Kmart. Also, I'll probably get Boost Mobile, as their prepaid cards start a little cheaper- I'll mainly use it on WiFi. I had to give my 4S to my brother, which was still a great phone. Hopefully this turns out well!

The only purchase I ever regretted was that of my Razer BlackWidow Torunament, for it was a low quality product and Razer didn't do much to help me about it.

I regret buying my razer mouse too. I have never felt such a shitty quality peripheral IMHO. But I needed a new mouse and the 502 wasnt out yet so i didnt have a choice,

-NZXT Phantom, way too big and heavy for my needs.

-Samsung F2380 monitor. I wanted nice colors, assumed that the slow refresh rate wouldn't be so bad but it's a horrible monitor with insane ghosting.

-Back in the day, a Radeon 9600 SE... SE stood for shit edition (for all intents and purposes) but it was still expensive. It was essentially a sidegrade to my FX 5200 and it cost like $200-250.  At the time, it was my mother who had bought it for my birthday and I never told her it was a sidegrade. She'd ask me if it made a big difference and I was like yeah it's awesome! I never told her and I still feel a little bit bad about it.

Good! Also, ew, Kmart. Also, I'll probably get Boost Mobile, as their prepaid cards start a little cheaper- I'll mainly use it on WiFi. I had to give my 4S to my brother, which was still a great phone. Hopefully this turns out well!

I only shop there because they are litterally 2 blocks from the house. Walmart is 5 miles away. The only other close buy stores are Family Dollar and Dollar General, and they are not worth the hassle imo.   (note, I can't drive, so the closer the better).

Boost is probably a good choice. The services we have to are Verizon, Virgin, Tracphone, and Tmobile.  Verizon has teh best coverage in our area. I really wanted Virgin, but Neither Kmart or Walmart here carry their phones, just the cards :(. Tracphones plans are okay for talk and text, but their data is outrageous (it woas going to be $50 for data, text and talk, while Verizon and Virgin was $35). Tmobile is okay, it is what we had before verizon, but their coverage of our area is horrible (literally 1 bar maximum of reception).

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

my blackwidow ultimate battlefield 4 edition. I found out that I can get a corsair k70 for 20 dollars more. i got my blackwidow onsale for 100 bucks :(

CPU: i7 3930k 4.5ghz CPU COOLER: Be quiet dark rock pro 3 MOBO: MSIx79a-GD45 PLUS RAM: G-Skill 16GB  GPU: MSI 780 TF  Storage: 2tb seagate and 60 GB OCZ ssd PSU: corsair CS750M 

:D

120v cpu cooler

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I reget buying wheelman and TDU2 on steam. Wheelman is shit and I can't play TDU.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

corsair vengeance 2000 They fell apart With in a month Switched to Razer Blackshark's and cant be happier   :D

Edit: And a Pice of Shat HP laptop

CPU : AMD FX-6300 Black Edition | CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Case : NZXT Source 220 | GPU : Asus GTX 770 | HDD : Western Digital WD Blue 1TB | MoBo : ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 | PSU : CORSAIR RM750 | Ram : Kingston HyperX XMP Blu Red Series 8GB

The regret if any is when I bought my GTX 650 Ti to replace the GT 630, as good as the 650 Ti is I should have gone straight to the GTX 660

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I only shop there because they are litterally 2 blocks from the house. Walmart is 5 miles away. The only other close buy stores are Family Dollar and Dollar General, and they are not worth the hassle imo.   (note, I can't drive, so the closer the better).

Boost is probably a good choice. The services we have to are Verizon, Virgin, Tracphone, and Tmobile.  Verizon has teh best coverage in our area. I really wanted Virgin, but Neither Kmart or Walmart here carry their phones, just the cards :(. Tracphones plans are okay for talk and text, but their data is outrageous (it woas going to be $50 for data, text and talk, while Verizon and Virgin was $35). Tmobile is okay, it is what we had before verizon, but their coverage of our area is horrible (literally 1 bar maximum of reception).

Walmart, ew.

Boot uses Sprint, which is probably worse than both Verzon and AT&T in our area, but they just added their LTE here, which also translated to improved 3G coverage. T-Mobile would work great, but their coverage is non-existent here, except for some LTE downtown by the lake. I'm in Burlington, Vermont, which is our biggest city (still tiny compared to most others :lol: ), but it gets some good attention from carriers. My brother has AT&T, and gets LTE eveyrwhere, and Verizon was the same before he switched last month. I have a stupid Samsung Tracfone, the S390G. I've been using a few weeks since I gave my brother the 4S, and it's been miserable.  Finally time to switch!

Getting a Blu-Ray reader. I could've gotten a 280X instead of a 270X.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

GT 520

Radeon 7770

Prebuilt PC

6 pairs of PX21's (was under warranty, why not)

PX3

PS3

Two dozen games for the PS3

An extra controller for my PS3

Half the shit in my Steam library

Whatever the hell I ate last night dear god am I paying for that

I regret buy an NZXT M59 mid-tower case when putting together my build. The parts themselves cost me $1300.. but i skimped out and bought a $59 case........

Worst. Air. Flow. Ever.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

My ASRock N68C-GS FX. Should have gone with the ASUS M5A97 R2.0 (something like that, can't remember off the top of my head) when it was only $10 more than the POS board I ended up getting anyway.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I pre-ordered the Sony Xperia Z a week before the htc one was announced. After laying my phone on a stone table the screen broke an the upper half of the touch screen doesn't respond anymore, most of the water/dust caps went of within 2 monts and the back comes off. That and the viewing angles on the original Xperia Z witch are pretty terrible make this my most regretted buy ever I think.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

Dude we regret exactly the same things.

I regret buying the blackwidow 2013, I should've gotten the Corsair K70.

My friend told me to get the 3DS XL in FEBURARY, and I just ditched it after a day.

are you my secret bro

Freaky, the K70 is what I wished I would've got too. Now I'm holding out for the RGB version.

*Internet-fist-bump*

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

the assassin g1 rev 2 but I regret my gtx650 more and cant afford a better one

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Getting my laptop. I had ordered a samsung i5 laptop that was really good quality, but it was DoA. So instead my parents sent it back, we went to john lewis and picked up my toshitba C660D, which has a single core AMD V140 and considerably worse build quality and performance.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I regret buying cheapest MSI (760GM-P23 (FX)) mobo for my boss. The shear amount of BS it gave was amazing and annoying. So I have assembled new computer with all new parts and it just did not start. i have checked all connections nothing. After that I have checked internet for problems and I could not find any information. All parts were compatable. I have checked MSI and AMD websites before buying, it had enough power (650 Watts, CM G650M) for CPU FX-8320, GPU Radeon HD6450. So I decided to unplug some parts and test again. Well it worked until I plugged video card. At first I thought that GPU is dead, but before writing it off I have decided to test on my personal rig and it worked perfectly. I have checked MSI GPU support for that mobo and it is supported without BIOS upgrade (magically GPU support PDF in MSI website is missing). So we sent that mobo back to the shop and received new one. Gues what same problem. We sent it back and asked for money. We bought same mobo from other shop and again same problem. I got pissed and just bought Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P and it worked just fine. And I did try to fiddle with BIOS but it did not help. I have also tried my GTX 760 and it also did not work.

yes. a sparkle gtx 570.

horrible cooler