Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

2x R9 290s with stock coolers

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

A case that is partially broken, is full of dust, and has an optical drive and a GT 440 inside. 

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

2x R9 290s with stock coolers

how do you still have your hearing?

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

how do you still have your hearing?

I have no idea. GabeN gives me powers to have my hearing i guess

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

It's a pre-built machine. I know, spare your tomatoes.  :mellow:

Long story of how I got to this point. :ph34r: 

Yes, you're getting one emoticon for every line. ;)  

I got HP Probook 4540S and use it for gaming :|

For me It's cable management and the tremendous heat coming from my video card (XFX 7850 1GB).

Heat? My 1gb hd7850 is fine (Asus direct CU)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Heat? My 1gb hd7850 is fine (Asus direct CU)

I'm experiencing 65-70 degrees (Celsius) while playing, I don't know if it is okay or wrong.

I had problems with my dusty case and was fed up with having to dust it out so frequently.

Because I had no money for dust filters, I cut up an old vacuum bag (unused of course!) and used the filter part to cover up all the intakes and passive vents. I did a few stress tests, and the temperatures were stable. I left it like that for almost a year now. It was meant to be temporary...
Hella ugly, but atleast it works well!   :P

I'm experiencing 65-70 degrees (Celsius) while playing, I don't know if it is okay or wrong.

Perfectly fine. Im getting more l;ike 60-65, but r9 290's get up to 90+

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Most of the stuff that people would consider embarrassing about their PCs I find to be a source of pride for mine. Perhaps it is because it resembles the amount of resourcefulness that was put into my rig.

I don't overclock... I OGREclock.
Shrek is love. Shrek is life.

Crappy power supply, 3770K with a GTX660, my terribad cable management.

you made the i7 with 660 mistake like me... 

im not alone

I don't even have a gpu anymore... OR a computer for that matter. D':

I still have old desktop monitor..  :mellow:  :wacko:

Not that embarrassing but I'm getting a Maximus Impact VII with an i5 4590, a locked processor. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

It's my case. Has no cable managment and terrible air flow options. Fortunately, I'm upgrading soon :D

1404814873-640-x-360px-Untitled-1.jpg

Mine is still a prebuilt... but i threw a 570 in it 3 years ago... :( I know its sad.

The good news is I have a 4790K and a maximus vii gene just waiting for the fedex man to drop off the rest of the goods to replace my old prebuilt HP

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I have a 750D but completely forgot I have a non modular PSU so it looks horrible

Actually non modular PSUs look mich cleaner. If you route all the spare cables in the back and tuck them awaym having 1 clean bundke of cables coming out of the psu looks mich bettee than javing 50 million lego poeces sticking out the psu.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Though of a nother one dint plan my build now i cant go sli...

Actually non modular PSUs look mich cleaner. If you route all the spare cables in the back and tuck them awaym having 1 clean bundke of cables coming out of the psu looks mich bettee than javing 50 million lego poeces sticking out the psu.

Actually that is an opinion, I know what I prefer

A few minor things.

1: I have a waterblock for my 290, but I put the stock cooler back on to test something and I never got around to putting the waterblock back on.

2: My SSD and HDD are just hanging behind the motherboard tray not tied down.

3: My secondary monitor uses VGA, but I only use it to monitor things so no big deal.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I don't even have a gpu anymore... OR a computer for that matter. D':

Same man, waiting for a delivery before I can finish my PC, my ps4 died over the weekend. Currently using an iPad :(

I used to think a while back that CIT Power Supplies were good. Until mine went boom. :D Since then i would never cheap out on a power supply.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz