Apple apologized for 11-hours service outage which cost over £17.6m

apple_building-wallpaper-1024x768-660x40

Apple had a bit of a kerfuffle yesterday, as their servers tanked real good over a DNS issue that left every single user around the world SOL when it came to signing into iCloud services, making purchases; basically anything that connects to the iCloud framework. 

It wasn't a fun time. I got caught in the middle of a device setup, which prevented the whole "setting up a device" thing from happening. When it resolved, things just sorta caught up and corrected themselves but for me it was a major pain the ass all the same. 

Millions of Apple users were unable to access Apple services such as App store and iTunes on 11 March. After 11-hours outage the services are back online and Apple has apologized for this issue and blamed an internal server issue as the cause of this problem.

The problem began at around 1am GMT on Wednesday and continued until 8pm and caused £17.6m loss for Apple, the company that has almost £120bn in its treasury which is almost twice as much cash as the US government has.

“We apologize to our customers experiencing problems with iTunes and other services this morning. The cause was an internal DNS [domain name system] error at Apple. We’re working to make all of the services available to customers as soon as possible, and we thank everyone for their patience.”

http://n4gm.com/2015/03/12/apple-apologized-for-11-hours-service-outage-which-cost-over-17-6m/

Man, lucky me for not being affected at all. I sell cellphones so activation would have been a bitch to do, but I didn't sell a single phone yesterday lmao.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Man, lucky me for not being affected at all. I sell cellphones so activation would have been a bitch to do, but I didn't sell a single phone yesterday lmao.

Yea, I can imagine retailers who do in store activations and setups were probably at the "are you fucking kidding me" phase of getting angry. 

Lucky you

? im confused so all of their servers got problems at the same time because im pretty sure most companies set up their servers so if one section fails the rest of them can still run

Ah so this was the reason why I couldn't log into the app store and try my hand at Google Calendar.

Just one more reason why having everything "cloud-based" is not always a good thing.

Lol I didn't notice anything yesterday. Of course I don't really use there cloud stuff.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

I think I found the most "half full cup" kinda guy in the internet today. Good for you for looking at the positive side lol

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Apple.  Haha.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/