High end mATX case suggestion

Bramm17

Hi LTT community,

In my current rig I have a CM Cosmos II and such but since recently moving and having to lift that beast from my appartement (without elevator :( ) the thought crossed my mind for a smaller PC. Especially since some of the hardware in general can use an upgrade or an entire new start I got the "I need a new PC fever again" 

But what I now want is a mATX size case, but a mid range to high end case. I was really taken by the InWin 901 case but it is such a shame it is only ITX and the hardware support also isnt really there --> http://www.inwin-style.com/en/goods.php?act=view&id=901. 

Then also the Silencio 352 from CM passed but also isnt that high end really and I am not that taken by the front door and it doesnt have me a window :(

Perhaps you guys can give some good suggestions for such? 

All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks !!  :D  :D  :D

- Bram

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Ft03

Pc-v359

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The Lian-Li I dont quite like honestly, altho I do can appriciate the aluminum! Alto the Corsair 350D is looking quite nice but never had a corsair case so not sure but they seem to be OK.... 

Perhaps any other suggestions by others :D :D ? 

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Hi LTT community,

In my current rig I have a CM Cosmos II and such but since recently moving and having to lift that beast from my appartement (without elevator :( ) the thought crossed my mind for a smaller PC. Especially since some of the hardware in general can use an upgrade or an entire new start I got the "I need a new PC fever again" 

But what I now want is a mATX size case, but a mid range to high end case. I was really taken by the InWin 901 case but it is such a shame it is only ITX and the hardware support also isnt really there --> http://www.inwin-style.com/en/goods.php?act=view&id=901. 

Then also the Silencio 352 from CM passed but also isnt that high end really and I am not that taken by the front door and it doesnt have me a window :(

Perhaps you guys can give some good suggestions for such? 

All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks !!  :D  :D  :D

- Bram

You see the Thermaltake Core X2? Not sure if it's as small as you want, but it's definitely high end.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133276

H: 465mm (18.3in)

W: 320mm (12.6in)

D: 541mm (21.3in)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I've been playing around pcpartpicker and considering using a bunch of spare parts I have to build a guest PC system of some sort.  How do you guys feel about the bitfenix prodigy series?  I really dig the aesthetic options they have.

The Lian-Li I dont quite like honestly, altho I do can appriciate the aluminum! Alto the Corsair 350D is looking quite nice but never had a corsair case so not sure but they seem to be OK....

Perhaps any other suggestions by others :D :D ?

Meh corsair...

Ft03 is Silverstone, and really nice

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The Tt Core cases are price wise pretty nice but I have room for more in my budget.. And not sure about the mesh front beasel design actually.. :x

Fractal Define Mini R2 as well

Nice case, but a shame it doesnt come with a window! Or am I mistaking on that one.. :)?

I went with a S340 (I know not a tiny case) but really impressed with its size for how much it fits inside it.

What about a MSI nightblade ? 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

I went with a S340 (I know not a tiny case) but really impressed with its size for how much it fits inside it.

What about a MSI nightblade ? 

the nightblade isnt for me but the S340 sure is more in the range im looking for as for looks but is ATX 

Tj08-e

Ft03

Tj08-e

Ft03

You are really into dem silverstones it seems :D?!

As an owner of both thermaltake core v21 and an Enthoo evolve I'd say there your best bet. Both are truely excellent cases.

You are really into dem silverstones it seems :D?!

Silverstone and Lian li are two of the highest end case makers

Silverstone and Lian li are two of the highest end case makers

True, fact :D

Nice case, but a shame it doesnt come with a window! Or am I mistaking on that one.. :)?

If you'd like a window then definitely look into the Fractal Arc Mini R2

"Rawr XD"

Xigmatek Aquila is really nice, aside from the fact that it can't accommodate any larger than a 160-170mm PSU. Otherwise it can support up to a 280mm radiator in the top, 2x 2.5" drives, 2x 3.5" drives, and has a smaxy (sexy) tinted side window.

http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?productid=218

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

I've been playing around pcpartpicker and considering using a bunch of spare parts I have to build a guest PC system of some sort.  How do you guys feel about the bitfenix prodigy series?  I really dig the aesthetic options they have.

Great case, easy to build in, also one on the nicest looking cases Ive had the pleasure of building in. Nothing really is bad about it actually.