MSI 970 gaming Mobo with AMD FX-6300

Hi guys, the 970 gaming do work with the fx 6300 without any Vishera issues right?!

yes, but depending on the purpose of your computer, like if it's for gaming, you should go with something else.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Faceman it depends on what he is paying for the hardware he is mentioning.  Other factors are the area he is living in and the cost there and also the ability to buy things used and what he pays for them in his area.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

yes, but depending on the purpose of your computer, like if it's for gaming, you should go with something else.

Why is there so much hate on AMD? I'm pretty sure it will run games I play in the highest setting like Dota2 & CSO

Faceman it depends on what he is paying for the hardware he is mentioning.  Other factors are the area he is living in and the cost there and also the ability to buy things used and what he pays for them in his area.

In every single region on PcP, an i3 or locked i5 will cost the same or less, and we all know it delivers vastly superior performance in all things gaming.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Why is there so much hate on AMD? I'm pretty sure it will run games I play in the highest setting like Dota2 & CSO

Sure, but what if a new game comes out that the FX doesn't run well?

For the same, or lower price, you can buy an i3, which handily beats an FX6/8 in the vast majority of games.  It also gives  you an upgrade path towards the future if you need to upgrade.

In every single region on PcP, an i3 or locked i5 will cost the same or less, and we all know it delivers vastly superior performance in all things gaming.

I don't care about PcP.  I have seen it much cheaper than listed on their many times and more so for the G3258.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I don't care about PcP.  I have seen it much cheaper than listed on their many times and more so for the G3258.

That only further proves that an Intel option is better if you are saying it is cheaper.

No matter, even if the FX6 is $10-$20 more expensive initially, that gap will be recouped in energy cost over 2-3 years, and the performance of an i3 is vastly superior to the FX6 in all games.  The minimum FPS is so much better, resulting in a much more fluid game.

Spaghetti, it can be eaten with a spoon, its not ideal, but it can be done.  Why would you eat with a spoon when you can use a fork that is much better suited for that task?

It costs the same, price is not an argument anymore.

what's pcp

That only further proves that an Intel option is better if you are saying it is cheaper.

No matter, even if the FX6 is $10-$20 more expensive initially, that gap will be recouped in energy cost over 2-3 years, and the performance of an i3 is vastly superior to the FX6 in all games. The minimum FPS is so much better, resulting in a much more fluid game.

Spaghetti, it can be eaten with a spoon, its not ideal, but it can be done. Why would you eat with a spoon when you can use a fork that is much better suited for that task?

It costs the same, price is not an argument anymore.

games like battlefield that can use 6 cores will likely get more performance from an oced 6300 than an i3

games like battlefield that can use 6 cores will likely get more performance from an oced 6300 than an i3

Battlefield was designed specifically for AMD FX CPUs. The day a CPU manufacturer needs to rely on software being designed for their products to get decent performance is the day that I'd say they are going downhill-fast.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

PcPartpicker, and yea, BF4 multiplayer might be the only game that plays better on an FX6 than i3.

bf4_cpu_radeon.png

Im running GTX 770 paired with FX 6300, i have solid GPU usage in games and overall dont see any problems why you couldnt run it with 970. People who talk about bottlenecks on AMD CPUs, like Faceman only have used Intel CPUs and really dont have any idea about how AMD side works.

PcPartpicker, and yea, BF4 multiplayer might be the only game that plays better on an FX6 than i3.

bf4_cpu_radeon.png

Lets hope that people take in the other factors that are required to get an FX CPU beating a locked Haswell i5 in gaming.

PMSL

Im running GTX 770 paired with FX 6300, i have solid GPU usage in games and overall dont see any problems why you couldnt run it with 970. People who talk about bottlenecks on AMD CPUs, like Faceman only have used Intel CPUs and really dont have any idea about how AMD side works.

@Faceman

Time for the wall of text I think, and this time I'll copy it so I can post it myself in these situations.

PMSL

@Faceman

Time for the wall of text I think, and this time I'll copy it so I can post it myself in these situations.

First of all, I have dandrix on ignore because he is a detriment to this forum with the worthless commentary he provides, so just ignore him.

2nd, I have experience with FX processors, not a ton, but I have experience with them and they aren't good.  Experience aside, there is hard evidence to show how poor of a performer the FX is compared to equally priced Intel counterparts.

This is your proposed FX system, without a CPU cooler which is almost deemed mandatory for FX CPUs.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jFgxRB
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jFgxRB/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $194.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-05 16:42 EST-0500

For just $20 more, you could have a locked i5 that handily beats anything FX has to offer, no matter how highly it is overclocked.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4r9sK8
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4r9sK8/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($173.61 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.49 @ Newegg)
Total: $218.10
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-05 16:44 EST-0500

Now, here is the real winner.  An i3.  It costs $50 less than your proposed FX6 build, and outperforms both an FX6 and FX8 in the vast majority of games.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MyysK8
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MyysK8/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($109.75 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.49 @ Newegg)
Total: $154.24
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-05 16:44 EST-0500

@Rian

If you have enough money for your proposed FX6 and MSI 970 Gaming build, then you have enough money for a locked i5 which will give you the best all around performance, and especially superior gaming performance.

@Faceman

You poor soul.

First of all, I have dandrix on ignore because he is a detriment to this forum with the worthless commentary he provides, so just ignore him.

I'm going to second that, that's his response to me tagging you.

You poor soul.

PMSL

Lets hope that people take in the other factors that are required to get an FX CPU beating a locked Haswell i5 in gaming.

You know how to work with Excel, good, too bad you create your own point of view regardless its genuine or in this case fake.

I'm going to second that, that's his response to me tagging you.

Guys like you and @Faceman are abomanitation of LTT, you spread hate on AMD any way you can with made up facts from 3rd party unreliable sources. Time to expand my ignore list.

i owned an FX-8320 that i was able to clock at 4.6ghz for gaming and it was limiting my GTX 780 in many if not most games...no way a GTX 970 can run on this to full extent at 1080p...maybe at 1440p but not at 1080p you'll see GPU usage all over the place in many AAA titles and very low minimum FPS in many games.

Proof i owned this kit for 3 months in case you do not trust me:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlC81MjwelBgdEZNV3l6aHl1eUNwSUR4Rml0MXMzN1E&usp=sharing#gid=0

Capture.png

That was a pretty bad CPU for gaming with an high-end card like that, trust me on this.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

i owned an FX-8320 that i was able to clock at 4.6ghz for gaming and it was limiting my GTX 780 in many if not most games...no way a GTX 970 can run on this to full extent at 1080p...maybe at 1440p but not at 1080p you'll see GPU usage all over the place in many AAA titles and very low minimum FPS in many games.

Proof i owned this kit for 3 months in case you do not trust me:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlC81MjwelBgdEZNV3l6aHl1eUNwSUR4Rml0MXMzN1E&usp=sharing#gid=0

Capture.png

That was a pretty bad CPU for gaming with an high-end card like that, trust me on this.

Way the go pulling up again that CineBench doc LOL

What are you trying to prove that youre losing just to i7s there ?

Way the go pulling up again that CineBench doc LOL

What are you trying to prove that youre losing just to i7s there ?

NO..that was just there to proove to you that i actually OWNED THAT CHIP since you where complaining that faceman and others havnt owned one...well i'm just telling you i did owned one and it was very disappointing to say the least.

As far as i'm concerned AMD owes me 300$

The AMD FX-8350 at this point in time should be a 99$ CPU and it should come with a free 8+2 power phase motherboard in the box for it to be worth anything to a budget gamer..that's all there is to say about it.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR