MSI 970 gaming Mobo with AMD FX-6300

What AMD needs to do is actually innovate, because not doing so has caused most of their current issues.

That and the millions they could have potentially had due to the rigged Pentium 4 benchmarks over a decade ago. Innovation is difficult when you have broken financial kneecaps due to false testing parameters advertised to death by your competition.

Different discussion for a different time, though.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Yes it will work without a BIOS upgrade. Great CPU for gaming and real world tasks. Also saves you money

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Yes it will work without a BIOS upgrade. Great CPU for gaming and real world tasks. Also saves you money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvLRZxRL8N8

False. You are paying the same, if not more for worse performance. While Jay has some good videos, he also has a lot of bad videos. This is one of them.BF4 is one of the rare games that actually runs well on an FX, and he shows no benchmarks, no other games, and just talks about his opinion. If all he plays is BF4, he wont notice much if any going between intel and AMD. Play a game like Dying Light, and you are going to notice a big difference. Go back to earlier in this thread and find all of the benchmarks, links, tests, videos, reviews etc.. an i3 + H81/B85 motherboard costs as little as $140, total, and outperforms even an FX8 in the majority of games. A locked i5 + mobo costs $220, the same as what a proper FX8 setup costs. The i5 stomps the FX8 in every game. You want to talk about value and saving money? Go Intel from the start. Until AMD gets some competitive CPUs in the game, stay clear if your priority is gaming.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."