Asking torrenting questions on this website

babadoctor

Hey guys

Since torrenting is illegal im not sure if im allowed to talk about it on this website. If i am allowed to ask torrent related questions on here, ill edit this.

If im not allowed to, PLS DONT BAN ME FOR NOT KNOWING

thanks!

babadoctor

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Its not allowed.

okay good to know _-_

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

okay good to know _-_

does that mean i have to delete this post

Since torrenting is illegal im not sure if im allowed to talk about it on this website. If i am allowed to ask torrent related questions on here, ill edit this.

Its not allowed.

It IS allowed. Torrenting does not mean piracy. It is a means of P2P file transfer. On the forum there is nothing wrong with talking about torrenting if it's done in a lawful manner. Encouraging piracy however is not allowed.

"Rawr XD"

Hey guys

thanks!

babadoctor

torrenting itself isn't illegal; I use it from time to time to download various free Linux OS's and free software.  Pirating content using torrent is what is illegal.

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Hey guys

thanks!

babadoctor

Torrenting is not illegal

Pirating Content is

okay good to know _-_

Well i guess you can torrent legal things lol but i dont think thats what you will use it for :)

You cant delete your own posts. ask a mod to lock it.

It IS allowed. Torrenting does not mean piracy. It is a means of P2P file transfer. On the forum there is nothing wrong with talking about torrenting if it's done in a lawful manner. Encouraging piracy however is not allowed.

look at my last post  ;)

Torrenting is not illegal however people make it illegal by putting pirated content on there + anyone who would use torrents for downloading things you shouldn't is stupid (Torrents are IP tracked)  

​Nothing Screams Professional Other Than Comic Sans

My Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bQVfqs

Dark Theme, GG

You can torrent without pirating/being illegal.

For example: you can torrent the free open source image editor GIMP. Actually, that is what they encourage you to do.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

okay good to know _-_

As others have mentioned above me, Torrenting is the transfer of a file over a Peer to Peer network and there is nothing illegal about that. And this website does not ban discussion on it.

Pirating is illegal and talking about it in a "You should do it and here's how" kind of way is not allowed. You can talk about it in other ways though. e.g. "Hey, here's some news about piracy." or something similar.

You can ask questions about torrenting, just not about piracy. There are legal torrents(like my favorite example: Ubuntu) but then there are illegal ones too.

You can ask questions about Piracy, just not where to pirate things or how. Enabling piracy is not allowed. Curiosity about the practice is allowed (AFAICT).

You could ask "How does piracy work?" or "Is it illegal to pirate in these countries:<countries>?" for example.

Some countries (like Sweden I think) allow it and how people crack games & other software is pretty interesting stuff.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Torrenting is not illegal however people make it illegal by putting pirated content on there + anyone who would use torrents for downloading things you shouldn't is stupid (Torrents are IP tracked)  

so why doesnt the torrenting websites take down illegial stoofz?

Well i guess you can torrent legal things lol but i dont think thats what you will use it for :)

look at my last post  ;)

There's plenty of cases where torrenting is legal and done in a lawful manner, where there is benefit. For example downloading Ubuntu using a torrent is perfectly fine as it's free and meant to be distributed. It's better for Ubuntu as their servers are less loaded, and better for us as speeds are usually slower with a direct download from Ubuntu servers

"Rawr XD"

Its not allowed.

I'm fairly sure that discussing torrenting is allowed.

Its pirating that is not. (Torrenting is not illegal, pirating is)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It is Impossible.

You Can not Stop the internet

Thiers Sites "Dedicated to it" 

and thiers always loop holes

But thier are lots of legal torrents

Read my last post  ;)

for example you cant ask someone "oh what illegial operating system should i download that works?"

Read my last post ;)

Thats Irrelevant to the point

for example you cant ask someone "oh what illegial operating system should i download that works?"

right.

Os wise...you can't pirate the os ex you can't pirate "windows"

you can pirate the crack for the os (windows) however

So if you have an windows key you could torrent windows

but you can't ask for a crack to "steal" windows

right

okay den

There's too much of it and some torrent sites actually want to enable illegal activity (The Pirate Bay is an example). It's not worth the effort unless the government makes them.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Gonna download some public domain songs, like one of the hosts of Celebrity Death Match?

Lol that was funny as hell "no you're not going to jail, all though you should for your taste in music"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs