Obama plans to BAN 5.56 through executive order

Jaybird

you stand corrected

st_dangerous_minicannon_f.jpg

One of the few cases where  my last words would be "Oh that's adorabl*BANG*"

As adorable as this little thingy:

Red_Mini_Sentry.png?t=20111210235504

G7n8Nvl.jpg

Okay, they're not that annoying, but for a person who mains Scout, this thing is a nightmare.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant wait for him to get out of office. even when he does it wont help me cuz i live in MD where the AR-15 is illegal :(

You need to get involved in your local government, and rally with any who want to SHRINK the government, and work together to get the asses not elected again, and you take their place.  If you don't get involved in your state and local township government, it's difficult to complain.

I think this is really just an over-reaction from both parties.  Really, I wish it was more like Australia's gun laws which require background checks and restrictions on all firearms and ammunition purchased.

Because let's be real now:  The majority of people who own firearms do not know how to use them safely and effectively.  And every time we in America have tried to do more background checks or restrictions such as HEY MAYBE YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO USE A GUN, people throw a shitfit.

TROLL

Not only is this not true, but in the states where people get Conceal Carry Permits, besides having gone to 8 to 32 hours of training, and passing shooting exams, they also have national background checks done on them indicating that they have never committed a felony.  You cannot get a conceal carry permit if you have a felony on your record.

If I open up a cafe, I will put a large sign in the window and on the menu (10% discount for showing your conceal carry permit holders).

George Washington said it best:  "Guns everywhere and anywhere.  Nothing makes a person feel safer than knowing the citizens of society are armed and ready to use them."  SO TRUE!

ok so they cant own a small 5.56 bullet (they honestly are not that big) but they can own a rifle that fires .50 BMG.

gg murica. gg.

Really, I wish it was more like Australia's gun laws which require background checks and restrictions on all firearms and ammunition purchased.

Initially you say that "this is really just an over-reaction from both parties" yet with this statement above you may as well be on the fanatical anti-gun side.

Clearly you have not researched Australian gun laws as they are no doubt the strictest in the world. We ban BB guns for looking too realistic here, that really says something doesn't it? I've even heard stories of Nerf guns being gimped for Australian release because they are too powerful.

Background checks do nothing. We might live on an island but the illegal gun market is thriving here. Gun parts go straight through international airports and sea freight terminals without customs and border protection even noticing. The Sydney Siege prompted our idiotic politicians to want to tighten gun laws (which are strict enough as it is) even though the man obtained the shotgun illegally and without a gun licence. You couldn't have stopped him from obtaining a gun. End of story.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I want a AR-15 but I cant ;_; Lucky Americans;(

Ironically I own a GTX 970

Accidental double post

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

George Washington said it best:  "Guns everywhere and anywhere.  Nothing makes a person feel safer than knowing the citizens of society are armed and ready to use them."  SO TRUE!

Personally I wouldn't feel safe at all if I knew everyone was carrying guns. Even if I had one myself I'd still be afraid that one person would overreact and fire off a shot and before you know it a firefight has broken out for no reason.

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

Because AR-15's are a popular tool used for hunting/self defense/target shooting, and banning 5.56 would be taking away our freedom.

What baffles me most is how literally 90% of the rest of the civilised world has survived, given that we do not have those "freedoms". Furthermore, how come we have a much lower fatality rate due to crime, much lower murder rate, much lower police brutality rate, etc... Must be the lack of freedom and guns right.

Yall americans think and proud yourself on your freedoms but then you get restricted in the most basic of things, like when you can start using the air conditioning, and how you can build your houses... @AlwaysFSX and I had a lenghty conversation on that, and basically, you guys are deluded thinking you still have any of your freedoms.

/thread

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

As someone who gets to experience the damage that hogs in Texas do. An AR is the only weapon you can use to put a slight dent in the hog population. 

THIS = FACT.

Personally I wouldn't feel safe at all if I knew everyone was carrying guns. Even if I had one myself I'd still be afraid that one person would overreact and fire off a shot and before you know it a firefight has broken out for no reason.

Again, misplaced thought.  No matter where you are in the world, a person intending to use a gun in a crazy way, will not be stopped because a law tells him it's not okay.  

The only people who have their rights taken away are the law abiding citizens.  The criminals are always going to exist.  But now, the citizenry cannot protect themselves which is a real crime.

The point is, that if some crazy person takes out a weapon and begins to open fire on people, think how fast that person will be put down by all the other people in the area who will rise up to protect you and all the other innocents.  You could not be in a more safe zone if you dreamt one up.

Again, misplaced thought.  No matter where you are in the world, a person intending to use a gun in a crazy way, will not be stopped because a law tells him it's not okay.  

The only people who have their rights taken away are the law abiding citizens.  The criminals are always going to exist.  But now, the citizenry cannot protect themselves which is a real crime.

The point is, that if some crazy person takes out a weapon and begins to open fire on people, think how fast that person will be put down by all the other people in the area who will rise up to protect you and all the other innocents.  You could not be in a more safe zone if you dreamt one up.

That is a shitty argument.  Hypothetically, if no one had guns then even the crazy people can live.  Your way dictates people have to kill each other to defend themselves.

Sure criminals will exist in the real world.  With with tighter gun restrictions, the "crazies" don't get guns.  You know that if you are carrying, you are a criminal.  But if open carry is allowed, a nutcase feels entitled.  Chaos ensues and weapon manufacturers get rich. 

You guys are defending a cycle of violence that benefits very few people.  I would love to see you guys argue that private corporate prisons are a great idea.

I don't like the idea of taking away the freedom to own guns.  I also don't like the idea that you NEED a gun to be safe... kind of fucked up, huh? 

How about the US stop involving themselves in offensive wars and start truly working on the low end of social infrastructure.  IDK, all this shit-talk about how guns are good goes too far.

Obama - "Best ammunition sales rep"

implying he tries to ban stuff then people panic buy!

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Obama - "Best ammunition sales rep"

implying he tries to ban stuff then people panic buy!

still can't find 22lr after the panic buy that started in 2013 and 5.56 can be a bit of a bitch to find after this panic buy where people didn't even know it was a certain kind of 5.56 and they just buy any 5.56 they find

still can't find 22lr after the panic buy that started in 2013 and 5.56 can be a bit of a bitch to find after this panic buy where people didn't even know it was a certain kind of 5.56 and they just buy any 5.56 they find

invest in a loader now my friend! and save that brass, or if you want to torture your gun/have to clean it more you can buy silvebear Russian ammo  ^_^

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

i think thats exactly why obama is banning it to stop people from killing each other

So by banning one Calibre bullet, EVERYONE in America is going to stop killing each other? DAT logic.

Oh, I'm happy to be in England where guns are illegal.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

So by banning one Calibre bullet, EVERYONE in America is going to stop killing each other? DAT logic.

if its a dangerous calibre then maybe less people will be killed. 

As someone who gets to experience the damage that hogs in Texas do. An AR is the only weapon you can use to put a slight dent in the hog population.

Hog027org.jpg

What's wrong with the 50 cali? Too expensive?

As for this news... No comments.

Also, who said he will stop at baning only 1 caliber size? One step at a time guys, next one will be in the news soon.

Neat.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

its not a caliber that this is about but a specific type of round in that caliber.

not the case the round they want to ban was used by the use military and is the reason it is widely available as surplus and a problem with the round is it tends to not do enough damage when people are shot with it and just goes in one side and out the outer side leaving a less significant wound then the military wanted.

Even though only about 2.5% of murders are committed with all rifles... If that was truly the goal, then it would make a huge amount more sense to ban .45 ACP or 9mm Luger.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Even though only about 2.5% of murders are committed with all rifles... If that was truly the goal, then it would make a huge amount more sense to ban .45 ACP or 9mm Luger.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8

as I said in my post 1 size at the time. It's coming don't worry.

as I said in my post 1 size at the time. It's coming don't worry.

No, its not. This has already been killed. Look at the dates on this post...

The ATF backed off of this over a month ago, when Rand Paul sponsored legislation to disband the ATF.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

No, its not. This has already been killed. Look at the dates on this post...

The ATF backed off of this over a month ago, when Rand Paul sponsored legislation to disband the ATF.

ah ok. Wops. But IF it went through! One step at the time..... Yeah...

ah ok. Wops. But IF it went through! One step at the time..... Yeah...

Actually things are going the opposite direction in the US right now. Many states have passed many pro-gun state laws in the last year or so. In fact Colorado recalled a couple of state senators over their votes on gun rights issues. Kentucky recently passed a law that mandates that CLEO's have to sign NFA paperwork if the requesting citizen can pass a standard NCIS check and a 4473, regardless of the CLEO's views on the NFA. 

Firearms sales in 2013 have been estimated to be double that of 2012, and 2014 was not far behind 2013. CCW permit applications have almost doubled in the last couple of years.