What performance to expect in star citizen?

My rig is as follows

-AMD FX 6300

-Cooled by CM 212 EVO

-Sapphire R9 280

-Gigabyte UD3P

-Seagate Barracuda 1TB

-Crucial MX100 128GB SSD

-EVGA 500W PSU

-8 GB Crucial ballistix

-Phantom 410

How high of settings can I run while still getting a smooth enjoyable experience?

Also, would it be possible to play with 1.5 MBPS download speed?

Peformance? With mantle probably on medium settings without AA.

1.5MBPS will be noticable though.

Peformance? With mantle probably on medium settings without AA.

1.5MBPS will be noticable though.

Alright, yeah hopefully by the time its out other companies open internet services accessible from here.

Alright, yeah hopefully by the time its out other companies open internet services accessible from here.

I wish you luck they will. 1,5 MB/s is not really suited for online gaming even in basic games.

My rig is as follows

-AMD FX 6300

-Cooled by CM 212 EVO

-Sapphire R9 280

-Gigabyte UD3P

-Seagate Barracuda 1TB

-Crucial MX100 128GB SSD

-EVGA 500W PSU

-8 GB Crucial ballistix

-Phantom 410

How high of settings can I run while still getting a smooth enjoyable experience?

1.5 MB or 1.5 Mb? (notice the small B )

And where did you test it, speedtest.net or is this when downloading from Steam?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I wish you luck they will. 1,5 MB/s is not really suited for online gaming even in basic games.

1.5MB is fine for online play, dont know what your playing that has higher throughput

1.5MB is fine for online play, dont know what your playing that has higher throughput

If I understand correctly he got 1,5MB/s internet which makes his download speed roughly 150 Kb/s which is most likely not enough. I used to play with 2MB/s internet and it was pain.

^

Dat.

And to the rest of you, I PLAYED WOW ON DIAL UP. Yes, it worked, except in Orgrimmar where I would either get 300ms or DC.

So stop the "You need at least 10000000Mb internet to game online" bullshit. KTnxBye. :P

If I understand correctly he got 1,5MB/s internet which makes his download speed roughly 150 Kb/s which is most likely not enough. I used to play with 2MB/s internet and it was pain.

capital B is 8 times larger than a small b so you have gone the wrong way, but he also did ps which i general saved for the smaller one, in which case he has around 180kb which i still fine for alot of games

Well, I have no idea how Star Citizen in particular will handle that, but I have played other games on a 1.5 Mb/s connection. Once you're in the game, latency and packet loss are what most directly affect your experience, so if it's a reliable 1.5 Mb/s it can probably work. Downloading the client is what's going to suck. Arena Commander is already at least 20 GB, and that's probably only going to go up.

As for framerate performance, your system can probably do okay at 1080p with the medium or high presets. Your CPU is probably going to be a bigger drag on performance in Star Citizen than your video card.

Quick tip 

MB =/= Mb

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

1.5 MB or 1.5 Mb? (notice the small B)

And where did you test it, speedtest.net or is this when downloading from Steam?

Speedtest

Speedtest

Derp, it formed an emotion... I wanted to ask if it was MB or Mb. Small or capital B

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Unless your actively downloading large amounts of data required to PLAY the game as you go, Ping times matter more than actual download speed

i spent 6 months at the beginning of last year with a speed of 560kbps according to speedtest.net. I could play all my games online including battlefield 4 and my ping never went above 200! i was amazed at how little you actually needed for gaming. for comparison i couldn't even play a youtube video on default quality without buffering!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Unless your actively downloading large amounts of data required to PLAY the game as you go, Ping times matter more than actual download speed

70ms According to speedtest

Derp, it formed an emotion... I wanted to ask if it was MB or Mb. Small or capital B

Speed test says 1.30mbps, 1.50 on a good day, no idea what that means.

speed for multiplayer should be fine, expect an average of 45 fps if you play alpha right now

i spent 6 months at the beginning of last year with a speed of 560kbps according to speedtest.net. I could play all my games online including battlefield 4 and my ping never went above 200! i was amazed at how little you actually needed for gaming. for comparison i couldn't even play a youtube video on default quality without buffering!

Ping =/= speed.... That is connection strength, not bandwidth.

ping is distance between servers. That's almost as bad as confusing the difference between amps and volts in a circuit.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

1.5 MB/s is easily enough for online connections. You can kinda play games even on dial-up speeds if theres nothing else generating data traffic.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i