[ BREAKING NEWS ] Copenhagen free speech debate shooting: One dead [ BREAKING NEWS ]

iHammmy

Gunmen killed one person and injured three police officers during a free speech debate in Copenhagen attended by a controversial Swedish cartoonist, officials said.

The French ambassador was also present at the debate.

Reports say up to 40 shots were fired during the attack and a manhunt has been launched.

Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks has faced death threats after drawing caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

He was not harmed during the attack.

Shortly after the shooting, a message appeared on the Twitter feed of French ambassador Francois Zimeray saying he was still alive.

Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks has faced death threats for many years

Emergency services gather at the scene following the attack

The area around the venue is under lockdown, the BBC's Malcolm Brabant reports.

Police have erected cordons and are searching a nearby park, he adds.

There were reports that police were hunting two gunmen, but this is unconfirmed.

Lars Vilks stoked controversy in 2007 by drawing pictures of the Prophet Muhammad dressed as a dog.

An organiser of the event, Helle Merete Brix, said she clearly considered the incident as an attack on Mr Vilks, reported the Associated Press news agency.

In 2010 two brothers tried to burn down the cartoonist's house in southern Sweden and were imprisoned for attempted arson.

The shooters managed to get away, and a man hunt is currently under way

Source:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31472423

More to follow.

It seems impossible until it's done.

Not again...

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I live less than 10 km from the shooting. Iøm just worried my wife and I can't drive to the opera house. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Heesh Islamic Extremist, and im a Minimalist.. get it? eh? though im Islam too and im okay with Muhammad jokes.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

question wouldnt that count as hate speech? Like if you drew black people as slaves to demean them?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I live less than 10 km from the shooting. Iøm just worried my wife and I can't drive to the opera house. 

Shit man, best of luck.

It seems impossible until it's done.

Damn.

And I'm just spending my day listening to music.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

wow, i heard it when i went out with the dog at like 15:30 the radio went ape-shit 

use google wevsite translate and read form danish news 

http://www.dr.dk/

question wouldnt that count as hate speech? Like if you drew black people as slaves to demean them?

I agree with that although I don't condone any violence of any kind.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Why cant I just move to the moon already? I'll be happy to get away from a lot of humanity. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

even people in copenhagen are getting snackbared, when will the world to stop tolerating terrorism and start having more security measures 

Can we start a new meme? Like the "Thanks Obama!" one, except we replace Obama with "Muhammad".

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Can we start a new meme? Like the "Thanks Obama!" one, except we replace Obama with "Muhammad".

your gonna get hunted down.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

your gonna get hunted down.

Excuse me?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I'm curious, was the debate concerning free speech, or was it a debate utilizing free speech? Still sad people think violence is going to solve their problems.

Excuse me?

just saying that even people making a statement is shot, if they stop using goat as a form of communication and start using internet, they might hire hackers to find you for starting the meme. :P

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

I agree with that although I don't condone any violence of any kind.

as many people can tell you I also hate violence. I'm just saying if this was directed at black people instead of Muslims I have the feeling that the public reaction would be much diffrent

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

as many people can tell you I also hate violence. I'm just saying if this was directed at black people instead of Muslims I have the feeling that the public reaction would be much diffrent

or homosexuals

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This was directed at Islam, not Muslims. 

And what to members of a religion have to do with a race? Are you one of those people who screams "Islamophobia!" and thinks that ridicule/critique of Islam is the same as racism?

just saying that even people making a statement is shot, if they stop using goat as a form of communication and start using internet, they might hire hackers to find you for starting the meme. :P

58256782.jpg

This was directed at Islam, not Muslims. 

And what to members of a religion have to do with a race? Are you one of those people who screams "Islamophobia!" and thinks that ridicule/critique of Islam is the same as racism?

He's just saying if it was satire and generalization over a DIFFERENT group of people, for example black people, the guy wouldn't have been allowed to speak in public. And saying it was directed at Islam and not Muslims is like saying racism is directed towards the "race", not people of that "race".

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

He's just saying if it was satire and generalization over a DIFFERENT group of people, for example black people, the guy wouldn't have been allowed to speak in public. And saying it was directed at Islam and not Muslims is like saying racism is directed towards the "race", not people of that "race".

I dont understand, what is the different between Islam and Muslim? Religion and race?

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Religion of Peace

We are peacuful unless you dont mock muhamed , otherwise we will shoot you.

God damn it extremists ruin everything.

Their behaviour is extreme when compared to others, but are they really extremists? They're just Muslims following the Quran more closely and with less nitpicking. The Quran says a few times that mocking the prophet is one of the biggest offences possible.