I sort of laser etched my window and it's awesome

jkraghify

Now all it needs is a liquid cooler :D

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Now all it needs is a liquid cooler :D

Now all I need is more money :P

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

Now all I need is more money :P

One can't have everything I suppose ^^ besides my own rig is pretty messy, I never cared about looks so it's just the best arrangement I could make with completely mismatched parts聽 B)聽we're talking an m-atx motherboard in a corsair 800D that I got second hand for free...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

how much does it cost

It was free for me since I'm a student. I don't know how much it would cost in the real world. It's a laser cutter, so the only cost is electricity.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Only if my university had their laser cutter even up and running -____-

Looks great, is the etching placed in the middle of the acrylic or on the surface.

Looks great, is the etching placed in the middle of the acrylic or on the surface.

It's on the surface, but I am thinking of covering it with another acrylic piece

It's on the surface, but I am thinking of covering it with another acrylic piece

I think it would be better just as it is since a second panel may leave gaps in between the panes, it'll also leave it a lot clearer.

nice mod!

also love the classic zalman cooler!

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

• 2 weeks later...

Now all I need to do is put in some white LEDs! I might make my own strips though. My room mate and I are both modding our PCs and we want to make our own LED strips

If you're talking about getting single LEDs and soldering them together, or (even worse) making it out of SMD LEDs, I wouldn't do it. I attempted it before and the time it took and the end product isn't worth the savings IMHO. If you search ebay, you can get LED strips for really cheap (< 2$ per meter). Plus it can look pretty ugly if you do it yourself聽 :P

If you're talking about making your strips yourself in another way, I'd be interested to hear what you mean聽 :)

Anyway, that rig looks really sweet!

EDIT: I found these:聽http://www.ebay.com/itm/131021767060

Laser etching / cutting IS addictive. I should know. I built my entire case with one.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Can we get a mod log please! Seeing progress on this would be amazing!

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

An external hard drive inside a PC? Someone's living on the edge! :D

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB 聽| Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips聽BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server): 聽Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC聽 | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega聽(server): 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽 聽 聽Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3聽4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1| 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha(WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780聽 | 840 Pro 512GB| GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Can we get a mod log please! Seeing progress on this would be amazing!

I would love to do one, but I don't have the money to mod anymore this year :( I pay for my own college and I need to buy a car :P

If you guys have suggestions for mods I can do for free, I'll do em! I have access to every tool you could think of. I just don't want to put more money into it, lol.

Maybe if I can get a professor to clear me to use the 3D printer I could do something.... hmmmmmmmmm

Get a white and black heatsink and boom. Youre golden.

I was considering somehow "anodizing" the copper, but I don't think copper works that way. I know anodizing works with aluminum because the anodized layer is clear, but I think on copper the layer would be green. The reason I have the bare copper cooler is because of the awesome heat transfer properties of copper.

If anyone knows how to make black copper, please tell me. I looked online but I can't figure it out. My chemistry friends would definitely help me out here and I'm totally willing to dip my cooler in sulfuric acid, or whatever can make it black.

An external hard drive inside a PC? Someone's living on the edge! :D

I move my PC a lot and don't bother moving around the external drive :P聽I used to use it for booting into ubuntu but I broke the boot drive somehow and never cared to make it again lol

Now it just stores all my data (documents, drivers, and offline installers for MS Office, chrome, Photoshop, and all my other programs I use daily) when I do my re-installs of windows so I am back up and running in an hour rather than in a couple days :D

Lifehack: cut a small hole in a PCI slot guard and put the external drive wire through and BOOM: external drive is now internal :D

-snip

Lifehack: cut a small hole in a PCI slot guard and put the external drive wire through and BOOM: external drive is now internal :D

or get one of those internal usb header to usb connectors that were mentions in one of the handy tech videos.

I am the one who goes bump in the night... usually making a sandwich.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

I was considering somehow "anodizing" the copper, but I don't think copper works that way. I know anodizing works with aluminum because the anodized layer is clear, but I think on copper the layer would be green. The reason I have the bare copper cooler is because of the awesome heat transfer properties of copper.

If anyone knows how to make black copper, please tell me. I looked online but I can't figure it out. My chemistry friends would definitely help me out here and I'm totally willing to dip my cooler in sulfuric acid, or whatever can make it black.

For blackening cooper there is the process of antiquing which is basically oxidizing a thin layer of the metal to turn black, but I'm not too sure how well that black copper oxide will affect the heat transfer. The only other way I could see blackening the cooper heatsink without affecting cooling performance is electroplating with a black nickel type finish where you'll get basically metal to metal heat transfer to the air.

For blackening cooper there is the process of antiquing which is basically oxidizing a thin layer of the metal to turn black, but I'm not too sure how well that black copper oxide will affect the heat transfer. The only other way I could see blackening the cooper heatsink without affecting cooling performance is electroplating with a black nickel type finish where you'll get basically metal to metal heat transfer to the air.

electroplating sounds like something I could do. I have a friend that's trying to electroplate some car parts right now! I could try it out maybe next weekend if I can find some black nickel and pay my friend a visit!

But I was also thinking about asking a girl I like out this weekend... decisions decisions!

(honestly though, electroplating sounds like so much fun! maybe I could get the girl into it too because shes studying materials engineering. I could be like "hey could you help me color this copper black" and she'd be like "I've been waiting weeks for you to ask that!" Boom. Two birds with one stone. Master plan. I'm not sure why I'm using parenthesis still.)

dat zalman cooler.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Haha that's one way to be efficient :P, and it sounds like you guys have loads of equipment available to manufacture all sorts of things.

Yeah I am really lucky to be going to a lab-oriented school. Almost all our work is project-based. Last year my room mate (computer engineer) build a crappy power supply! It's really cool here, I love it.