Will you buy ESO?

Jerakl

So now that ESO is going no-subscription (other then ESO+) will you play it?

Right now on G2A.com you can get an ESO key and one month of game time for ~30$.

0d98239f71.jpg

I remember hearing something somewhere that if you had a subscription you would get the remaining time in ESO+ or something.

And guys let's not hate on ESO too much, I feel they made the right decision. They also debuted on PC and ported to consol, so there's that.

I might buy it if the price goes down a bit on some keyshops. I was in the beta and I thought it was alright.

Thoughts?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'd rather pay to not play the game 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

@Jerakl Ehh.. I will think about it.

Maybe, possibly.. It just didn't seem like an interesting game while playing the BETA.

Maybe I will pick it up after seeing some more reviews

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'd rather pay to not play the game 

Unless I'm not getting some sarcasm here, it's going free to play. You just have to buy a copy of the game. They'll cost like 20$ on keyshops.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Uh I thought it was clear it was going free to play now? With that said why would I buy it?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

@Jerakl 

Joking. Just not my cup of tea really.

Also, the quote feature is broken so you have to @ people if you want them to see it. :) 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

So what's the difference between ESO and ESO+?

Id play it if it was like Path of Exile, play for free, pay to support them if I like the game. Subscription fees are pure greed.

Even funnier is when a subscription game says 'We had to make our game crappy looking so people with low end PCs can also play it'. Maybe id those people weren't paying $15 a month to play, they could afford upgrades instead!

Linus is my fetish.

I'm thinking about it, but GW2 is so much more fleshed out and the expansion is about to come out for the game, so ESO might have to be passed.

I thought everyone hated it :S why would anyone buy something that they think is shit?

So what's the difference between ESO and ESO+?

Id play it if it was like Path of Exile, play for free, pay to support them if I like the game. Subscription fees are pure greed.

Even funnier is when a subscription game says 'We had to make our game crappy looking so people with low end PCs can also play it'. Maybe id those people weren't paying $15 a month to play, they could afford upgrades instead!

So, (from what I can tell) they're introducing a new currency called "crowns" that you can (I think so take this with a grain or 2 of salt) buy with real money and earn in-game. ESO+ basically just gives you some (I think) bonus boosts like EXP or something and it gives you some crowns each month. Kind of like a subscription version of BattleField's "Premium" system, it's almost exactly like Planetside 2's premium system. Like exactly the same. It isn't required to play the game.

From what I can tell (Again, some salt here) "crowns" are mostly used to buy cosmetic items. So I don't think they will get a huge edge over players who aren't "premium" (using ESO+).

Apparently quote function is broken (Damnit Luke! :P  ), so I have to tag you @Bhav

@JAKEBAB I think it gets a lot more hate then it deserves, they made some bad decisions yes, but I think they're trying to fix them. From what I can tell in Beta it was a lot like MMO Skyrim. but with much cleaner 3rd person animations. And lots of little kids running around with female characters with the "sex appeal" slider maxed out.

You have no idea how hard it is for me to type right now, typing this took like 5 minutes, with out having to correct anything I was planning on saying.

No because I don't like what I saw of it. But if it was actually good, then yeah, why not.

Even if it was good however I would have refused to pay a sub fee.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I've already bought it and i've played it a bit.

I'll see what the free to play tag brings. If a bunch of n'wah's show up i'll stop playing it

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Bought it at release last year, played all Betas, then 1month subscribed, didnt renew it. But now that it's going free I'm willing to give it another try =)

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

I've been interested in it since trying the beta but not interested enough to buy and sub. Even more so since my friends weren't interested in subbing either.

Definitely picking it up now. Might wait until the sub is actually dropped before buying though.

Uh I thought it was clear it was going free to play now? With that said why would I buy it?

Its going buy2play. They're dropping the need for the monthly sub in favor of just the cost for the game with bonuses for paying monthly in addition.

Where is the free-to-play version?  They're still selling it for $80 on their official website. 

I've been interested in it since trying the beta but not interested enough to buy and sub. Even more so since my friends weren't interested in subbing either.

Definitely picking it up now. Might wait until the sub is actually dropped before buying though.

Its going buy2play. They're dropping the need for the monthly sub in favor of just the cost for the game with bonuses for paying monthly in addition.

@watts300

I'd rather play N-age. :D

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Unless I'm not getting some sarcasm here, it's going free to play. You just have to buy a copy of the game. They'll cost like 20$ on keyshops.

and have all future content locked away from you unless you pony up for a sub again...kewl, Sooo.... what are we paying for again? 

Gw2-> This.

at lest future content dont cost any extra, same with SwTor, and its actually free!

I´ll wait till its 100% free, and sub is for other stuff like extra storage and god knows what is in the game. 

ArchAge does it right. 

Not FTP but Buy to play.

They will remove monthly subscriptions if I am not wrong. It will be like Guild Wars 2.

I'm not an MMO player so no. But even if I were I wouldn't because other hardcore MMO players say that it's straight out bad MMO. And some of them were invited to play and give early feedback to make the game better and non of the basic MMO problems that were pointed out were fixed.

Overall I would say that it's only not worth you're money but also not worth your time.

Not FTP but Buy to play.

They will remove monthly subscriptions if I am not wrong. It will be like Guild Wars 2.

No, it wont be taken away, it will be a side option and a MUST for future content.

So its, Buy 2 play with Sub option for bonus exp/money/craft...something AND for Future content that wont be for the "cough" Free "cough users.

No, it wont be taken away, it will be a side option and a MUST for future content.

So its, Buy 2 play with Sub option for bonus exp/money/craft...something AND for Future content that wont be for the "cough" Free "cough users.

Oh, ok then. So it makes no sense for even considering that game (for me).

I bought it on launch, but haven't played since. I will be playing when they remove the sub.

I will be buying another copy for my kids tho.