AMD "Putting The Finishing Touches" on Radeon 300 Series

GRJohn

AMD has announced via facebook that's it putting the finishing touches on the 300 series so that the new graphics cards meet up with expectations.

AMD-putting-the-finishing-touches-on-300

AMD is working on a new hihg-end GPU code named FIji XT with 4096 stream processors and a brand new R9 370X GPU code named Trinidad to rpleace the R9 270 series and compete with the GTX 960.

Full article / Source.

CPU : i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz. GPU : MSI Lightning GTX 770 @ 1300mhz. 16GB 1600mhz RAM

I recently got a 970 but i'm pretty stoked to finally see what AMD is coming up with.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Lets hope its not like when Rockstar says their putting the "finishing touches" on GTA 5. 

Btw, how reliable has chiphell been so far, can anyone tell me? I've never been a great fan of leaks and speculation, but this cought my eye:

http://www.chiphell.com/thread-1231917-1-1.html

Fake or not?

jWGtzo2.png

only this makes news at wccftech what a surprise ,please stop posting shit from wccftech.

The source is amd's news page. get your biased ass out

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Lets hope its not like when Rockstar says their putting the "finishing touches" on GTA 5.

I'm almost convinced that rockstar isn't releasing GTA5 for PC but GTA6.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Btw, how reliable has chiphell been so far, can anyone tell me? I've never been a great fan of leaks and speculation, but this cought my eye:

http://www.chiphell.com/thread-1231917-1-1.html

Fake or not?

232311n8zwpqmw7gxmidbq.png

These are fake, confirmed by the same guy who created them.

Selling your GTX 970 and buying a GTX 980 ? Makes much sense. :D

(Well before you hit me with "3.5GB of RAM lololo, 4K RES IS WHAT GTX980 is for" I would like to say that you can overclock a GTX 970 to a stock GTX 980 performance level if you ever want to.)

thx, good to know.

Well Hawai has done a fantastic job for AMD. Launched in 2013 and still desirable. Hope the new cards are as good...

Obviously NVIDIA will respond with price cuts. The question is will they also respond with a 980ti? Think they will.

Well Hawai has done a fantastic job for AMD. Launched in 2013 and still desirable. Hope the new cards are as good...

Obviously NVIDIA will respond with price cuts. The question is will they also respond with a 980ti? Think they will.

Lets hope GM200 isn't as expensive as GK110 initially was. That would render it uncompetitive unless Nvidia is willing to take a hit on its margins. Come to think of it they probably have no choice.

Lets hope GM200 isn't as expensive as GK110 initially was. That would render it uncompetitive unless Nvidia is willing to take a hit on its margins. Come to think of it they probably have no choice.

Considering it's a 630mm sq. die, it's going to cost every penny of that estimated $1350 for the Titan II believe me.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I recently got a 970 but i'm pretty stoked to finally see what AMD is coming up with.

I am getting mine on Feb 19th,can't wait 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Can you link a source that confirms this please?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I don't understand why you are still salty about the delay, mate. You should be glad they delayed it; they could have potentially seen a demand for a proper PC port and they're possibly following up with that.

But it's okay when developers release broken games right??

I returned my first 970 today and will sell my 2nd one as soon as the 300 series are released and see if the lineup bares something my taste.

who cares...

I don't understand why you are still salty about the delay, mate. You should be glad they delayed it; they could have potentially seen a demand for a proper PC port and they're possibly following up with that.

But it's okay when developers release broken games right??

dude, its been almost 1 1/5 years.

Would you rather them release a potentially broken game?

its only been a 4 months since it launched, they are not porting GTA V xbox 360, PS3 version but the PS4 Xbox one version. and I want games to be delayed if they are not finished or stable.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Would you rather them release a potentially broken game?

No, I want them to not take forever to release a working one.

its only been a 4 months since it launched, they are not porting GTA V xbox 360, PS3 version but the PS4 Xbox one version. and I want games to be delayed if they are not finished or stable.

OK, so lets sum this up: it took them over a year to release the PS4/XBone version, now its going to take half a year longer to release a working PC version. That's pretty fucking long, even if the game ends up having not a single bug.

No, I want them to not take forever to release a working one.

Hey, I'm not excusing the amount of time it's taking because they may have put it off while they worked on the console versions.

But I'd rather them delay it than release a Watch Dogs.

It's about time that the GPU market saw some serious performance improvements :D I mean, the 900 series is barely outperforming last year's flagships, and at pretty much the same price...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

OK, so lets sum this up: it took them over a year to release the PS4/XBone version, now its going to take half a year longer to release a working PC version. That's pretty fucking long, even if the game ends up having not a single bug.

you know its not just a port right? they upgraded the game when it hit PS4/X1 and again when its hitting PC. 

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Considering it's a 630mm sq. die, it's going to cost every penny of that estimated $1350 for the Titan II believe me.

It's quite interesting how GM200 is speculated to be ~630mm² and Fiji XT is supposedly 550mm².

GM204 is 398mm² while Hawaii is 438 mm². I would think that AMD has actually landed the 20nm node for Pirate Islands.

you know its not just a port right? they upgraded the game then it hit PS4/X1 and again when its hitting PC. 

they mainly updated the graphics, its not like they made an entire new game. Its still a hell of a long time they're taking and it pisses me off that they appear to care about the PC market so little. A few months after the release of the PS3/X360 version, they even claimed that they had no plans to develop a PC version of the game, but would rather concentrate their efforts on improving GTA online. I'm convinced that only the petitions convinced them that there was enough money to be made by making a PC version at all.