Yeah that must be the case! Production of 8350 must be higher since its a bit more popular nowadays

Wierd thing about this new CPU is that if I overclock it, it works okay on normal programs but makes games stutter a lot.

With TF2 for example it goes at 120fps but goes down to 3 or 4 each second or tho wich makes the game "jumpy"  and  almost unplayable

I'm overclocking it with the AMD Catalyst Control Center utility btw

OC with bios. Windows oc'ing is just weird...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ALWAYS oc with bios.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ALWAYS oc with bios.

Gotcha! Is the Catalyst Control Center CPU stress test good? It crashes my PC when reaching 4600 MHz so I figure I'll just set it to 4300

edit: got my fx-8350 stable @ 4200 MHz ! Thanks guys

Main - SPEEDTEST
CPU AMD FX-8350 | RAM Kingston HyperX 12GB @1866MHz | GPU Gigabyte HD 7850 | Mobo Asrock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 | HDD 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 | PSU 550W | Case VENTO A8
Le Petite Frankenstein (First build, only original part is GPU)
CPU AMD Ahlon II X2 260 | RAM 2x2GB @1333MHz | GPU Sapphire HD 3650 | Mobo Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P | HDD 500GB | PSU 500W | 1998 Case
I support AMD because I support competition in the hardware market. We all know if the "other guys" had a complete monopoly, things wouldn't get any better for ANYONE..

My buddies 670 was replaced with a 680 from EVGA, unfortinately when I had to replace my 680 I got another 680 :P

Also ya OC in your bios..unless its your video card that you can do in windows. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Isn't that just because of supply & demand?

Lots of supply and very little demand?  :o

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I think that according to EU laws, then they need to ship back the same, or higher priced products.

I had my Logitech G500 act up on my after two years of use. I contacted Logitech support, we shot e-mails back and fourth for three days. And on the third day they told me that they would send me a G502 replacement, free of charge.

And for the ones who had their 780ti's replaced with 980's, that's likely due to the 780ti's being discontinued.

Not really the same thing, but I asked steelseries why my mouse didnt come with a sticker and they sent me an entire damn roll of steelseries stickers

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Hey guys!

A week or two ago my FX-8320 stopped working so after contacting AMD support I sen't it to the Netherlands in the hopes that the warranty would cover it (I live in Europe)

Earlier today their DHL service delivered a new CPU to me, but to my surprise, it was a FX-8350 !!

I know there's not so much of a difference, but still, I am very thankful for AMD to do this for free. I've read online about people that were offered either the same CPU or a different version, but never something actually better !

Has this ever happened to anyone else? What's your experience with hardware warranties ?

[sorry for my english]

That's awesome. AMD has always taken care of their customers pretty well.

Grateful42 ordered 4x4gb sticks of Corsair Vengeance and ended up getting 4 packs of it! 64gbs! :P

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Yeah that must be the case! Production of 8350 must be higher since its a bit more popular nowadays

Wierd thing about this new CPU is that if I overclock it, it works okay on normal programs but makes games stutter a lot.

With TF2 for example it goes at 120fps but goes down to 3 or 4 each second or tho wich makes the game "jumpy" and almost unplayable

Don't use CCC, try and stick to overclocks through the BIOS. My FX-8350 achieved 4.9GHz and didn't have stuttering to the same extent.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

it's pretty rare, and it's usually quiet. We don't like shitposters on this forum, so we tend to just be "ehh" about it.

there's someone here I wish banned.only crap i read from his posts...shitposter just aiming for gazillion shitpost..

anyway, lucky to op..returning items here is like crap too..you get to see salesguys frowning and questioning you how did it happen..

and NEVER get anything better in return after facing the inquisition

I think this forum is way too agressive some times.

I remember a case where a newbie posted a video he liked and everybody jumped on him like he was hitler.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/298220-til-that-logan-used-to-work-at-tiger-direct/

People need to chill out sometimes.

It is because most people on this forum are immature and ignorant. I usually come here for the excitement and drama lol. On OCN you dont get away with half the shit you can on here. Hell, if you swear you get warned. This site isnt moderated very well imo.
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

It is because most people on this forum are immature and ignorant. I usually come here for the excitement and drama lol. On OCN you dont get away with half the shit you can on here. Hell, if you swear you get warned. This site isnt moderated very well imo.

I got warned because i made a silly joke about nvidia.

-.-

they are all the same cpu and chances are that this 8350 wont overclock nearly as good as your old 8320 did since amd is extensively binning them nowadays...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I wish the same happens in my country, but whatever.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

they are all the same cpu and chances are that this 8350 wont overclock nearly as good as your old 8320 did since amd is extensively binning them nowadays...

what do you mean by "binning" ? I'm not a huge OC guy anyway :D
Main - SPEEDTEST
CPU AMD FX-8350 | RAM Kingston HyperX 12GB @1866MHz | GPU Gigabyte HD 7850 | Mobo Asrock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 | HDD 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 | PSU 550W | Case VENTO A8
CPU AMD Ahlon II X2 260 | RAM 2x2GB @1333MHz | GPU Sapphire HD 3650 | Mobo Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P | HDD 500GB | PSU 500W | 1998 Case
I support AMD because I support competition in the hardware market. We all know if the "other guys" had a complete monopoly, things wouldn't get any better for ANYONE..

Newegg. I wanted to return a Asus N10 USB WiFi adapter. They said keep it and they sent me 2 Asus N13s. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

what do you mean by "binning" ? I'm not a huge OC guy anyway :D

Binning is when companies hand-pick the chips that go into certain parts. Though, there are also people who do this by themselves.

Example, over at http://siliconlottery.com/they take CPU's and overclock them as high as possible, whilst still keeping them stable. And then the chips that perform better than others they are able to sell at a higher price than retail.

With TF2 for example it goes at 120fps but goes down to 3 or 4 each second or tho wich makes the game "jumpy"  and  almost unplayable

What clock speed? Temps? Voltage?  Seems like it's an unstable overclock.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I RMA'd a FX-6200 and got a 6350 in return. I also RMA'd a 8150 with the in box watercooler and instead of just shipping the CPU they sent an entire kit with the AIO.

I have also RMA'd 2 7950s and got OC'd 280Xs in return.

What clock speed? Temps? Voltage?  Seems like it's an unstable overclock.

Any OC setting from the Catalyst Control Center makes every game stutter a lot. Got OC from BIOS @ 4200 MHz and it doesn't happen anymore. 1.337 V (wasnt intentional lol)

As for temps, with the Catalyst stress test it can go  as high as 4500 MHz and stay around 55-60ºC but makes my PC unstable and usually crashes before reaching 4600 MHz.

Main - SPEEDTEST