Comcast Changes Customer’s First Name To “Asshole”

Rafy

This is not Comcast doing this.

This is a guy who works in a Call Center FOR Comcast that changed it.

Basically the same as a clerk at McDonalds that calls you an asshole.

Just someone that deals with you but has no ties to the company itself.

Has no reflection on Comcast besides they have an asshole customer service rep.

Yeah, nope.

Every individual that works at/for that company represents the company in it's entirety. That's how it works. A company that has a less than stellar reputation for customer service due to crap policy and a crap employee pool doesn't have to look too hard to see where the issues lie.

When you order from McDonald's and they screw up your order, you don't think that Fred back in the kitchen made a mistake, or Linda at the counter must have heard you wrong. McDonald's screwed up your order.

If a company hires people that don't represent the qualities they desire: Shame on them. That's half the problem. The other half is people not taking responsibility for their actions and not taking pride in what they do and who they work for....

It's this mentality that contributes to how garbage society has really become.

Sorry for the Rant.

Oh the irony.

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Yeah, nope.

Every individual that works at/for that company represents the company in it's entirety. That's how it works. A company that has a less than stellar reputation for customer service due to crap policy and a crap employee pool doesn't have to look too hard to see where the issues lie.

When you order from McDonald's and they screw up your order, you don't think that Fred back in the kitchen made a mistake, or Linda at the counter must have heard you wrong. McDonald's screwed up your order.

If a company hires people that don't represent the qualities they desire: Shame on them. That's half the problem. The other half is people not taking responsibility for their actions and not taking pride in what they do and who they work for....

It's this mentality that contributes to how garbage society has really become.

Sorry for the Rant.

If Fred messed up the order, it's Freds fault not the company support him because they didn't say put the wrong item in the bag or add mustard when you should have put ketchup.

Only pathetic people blame the company for the actions of a peon worker. You can not turn a human into a robot that will repeat everything you tell them to. A company can not hire perfect people 100% of the time, let alone 5% of the time. Just not possible.

It's your garbage mentality that leads to toxic people because you blame the wrong person. I say this as a boss because as much as I like my employees and teach them, I can't guarantee that someone won't bother them and they call someone an asshole.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Wow really fuck you comcast

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

Yeah that hasn't been working lately. They used to transfer you to the person that makes last minute deals, but know they are like "Are you sure you want to cancel". Its like they don't care anymore.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

by8iWaO.jpg?1

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

They'll likely just settle on wiping out her pending back charges. I wouldn't mind my name being changed to "Asshole" to save me $230.  :P

You guys need to work on a call center for a week, You'd be wanting to rename customer's account to "asshole" I say about 4 or 5 times per day, on a good day.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The customer probably deserved it. And it's not Comcast when an employee does it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

If Fred messed up the order, it's Freds fault not the company support him because they didn't say put the wrong item in the bag or add mustard when you should have put ketchup.

Only pathetic people blame the company for the actions of a peon worker. You can not turn a human into a robot that will repeat everything you tell them to. A company can not hire perfect people 100% of the time, let alone 5% of the time. Just not possible.

It's your garbage mentality that leads to toxic people because you blame the wrong person. I say this as a boss because as much as I like my employees and teach them, I can't guarantee that someone won't bother them and they call someone an asshole.

That's one way to look at it, sure. But in my opinion, it is ultimately Comcast's responsibility to monitor this shit, identify disgruntled employees and address the situation before they're pissed and depressed enough that they don't care about losing their jobs at all.

See, Comcast is not just a cheap, shitty company to it's customers, it's also a cheap shitty company to a lot of his employees, the lower level the worst they get threated and this is especially true about call center workers: They're just basically brought into an environment that demoralizes the fuck out of them. Not only do they have the impossible task of defend quite frankly indefensible practices but they get enormous pressure to perform (i.e. those surveys you get? you have to get 9 or 10 out of 10 otherwise comcast considers you a failure....seriously think about who the fuck would give a 9 or 10 to comcast when rating them?) and plus they are super fucking cheap and are notorious for understaffing (all call centers are but they're among the worst for it) making it basically inhuman conditions of them wanting you to stop maybe 3 times in a shift of 8 hours and deal with customers non-stop for the entire day.

It's just a shit deal all around and Comcast could easily increase the number of call centers so employees can breath for 5 fucking minutes between calls but well, thats not maximizing profits so fuck you, keep taking calls and better be fucking perfect every single time.

-------

Current Rig

-------

That's one way to look at it, sure. But in my opinion, it is ultimately Comcast's responsibility to monitor this shit, identify disgruntled employees and address the situation before they're pissed and depressed enough that they don't care about losing their jobs at all.

See, Comcast is not just a cheap, shitty company to it's customers, it's also a cheap shitty company to a lot of his employees, the lower level the worst they get threated and this is especially true about call center workers: They're just basically brought into an environment that demoralizes the fuck out of them. Not only do they have the impossible task of defend quite frankly indefensible practices but they get enormous pressure to perform (i.e. those surveys you get? you have to get 9 or 10 out of 10 otherwise comcast considers you a failure....seriously think about who the fuck would give a 9 or 10 to comcast when rating them?) and plus they are super fucking cheap and are notorious for understaffing (all call centers are but they're among the worst for it) making it basically inhuman conditions of them wanting you to stop maybe 3 times in a shift of 8 hours and deal with customers non-stop for the entire day.

It's just a shit deal all around and Comcast could easily increase the number of call centers so employees can breath for 5 fucking minutes between calls but well, thats not maximizing profits so fuck you, keep taking calls and better be fucking perfect every single time.

Don't forget if you don't hit retention targets that ultimately you don't have a lot of control over you lose your job. You get fired, unable to feed your family or pay your rent because a-hole brown just wants to lower their monthly bill.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Fact of life - people are dumbasses. Both customers and companies. you cant win.

That's one way to look at it, sure. But in my opinion, it is ultimately Comcast's responsibility to monitor this shit, identify disgruntled employees and address the situation before they're pissed and depressed enough that they don't care about losing their jobs at all.

See, Comcast is not just a cheap, shitty company to it's customers, it's also a cheap shitty company to a lot of his employees, the lower level the worst they get threated and this is especially true about call center workers: They're just basically brought into an environment that demoralizes the fuck out of them. Not only do they have the impossible task of defend quite frankly indefensible practices but they get enormous pressure to perform (i.e. those surveys you get? you have to get 9 or 10 out of 10 otherwise comcast considers you a failure....seriously think about who the fuck would give a 9 or 10 to comcast when rating them?) and plus they are super fucking cheap and are notorious for understaffing (all call centers are but they're among the worst for it) making it basically inhuman conditions of them wanting you to stop maybe 3 times in a shift of 8 hours and deal with customers non-stop for the entire day.

In a call center, calls are monitored but after the fact by a quality control team..

Call centers do not under staff, at all. Especially ones like Comcast which I know for a fact, have a shit ton of people at the phones (were talking 800-1400 per building for front like calls and there's multiple) and conditions are surprisingly well. I did training for Comcast and I would have had a nice cubicle, dual flat screens and a nice chair with pay bordering $18 an hour.

But as you said... 5 minutes is 5 minutes to long between calls. I worked for Discover Card in the call center when I was young... It was phone call, hang up, 1-5 seconds later another call that was INSTANTLY sent over to you. If you took yourself offline for a break, you had 2 minutes the entire day to do that. That part killed me

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

He should file a complaint with the FCC or FTC. Hopefully to show them how much Comcast doesn't care about customer service.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Wait, shouldn't that be the name on bills addressed to Comcast?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

In a call center, calls are monitored but after the fact by a quality control team..

Call centers do not under staff, at all. Especially ones like Comcast which I know for a fact, have a shit ton of people at the phones (were talking 800-1400 per building for front like calls and there's multiple) and conditions are surprisingly well. I did training for Comcast and I would have had a nice cubicle, dual flat screens and a nice chair with pay bordering $18 an hour.

But as you said... 5 minutes is 5 minutes to long between calls. I worked for Discover Card in the call center when I was young... It was phone call, hang up, 1-5 seconds later another call that was INSTANTLY sent over to you. If you took yourself offline for a break, you had 2 minutes the entire day to do that. That part killed me

No: you're talking to someone who works on a call center and specifically knows people on comcast campaigns, they do understaff.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Hmm if places had the option to choose between multiple ISP's I feel comcast would have 0 customers at this point.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Topkek

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Oooh, Comcast employee, that's ballsy when it means you might not get to keep that job. :lol:

I'm sorry.. But i'm pissing myself laughing.. I'm a terrible person..

I laughed too. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

DAMN YOU COMCAST DAMN YOU

Brony for LIFE!!!

/)^3^(\ RD FTW
Daily carry: HTC one M8, pebbe steel PBD, nexus 7 2013