SD Card Showdown - 4K Video Edition

Brandon you did great, although I felt that you slurred your words from time to time, so just work on that and it should be fine.

Very creatively done with the shutter sound thing and it seems like a good way to test the speeds of the cameras. 

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

One of the rare videos about cameras I didn't need to stop the video and google a ton of things in another tab.. I hope to see Brandon hosting more videos about cameras and things like that..

As a non native english speaker the speaking was too fast at times.
Adding the not so clear pronunciation of Brandon, the words sometimes merged.

The confidence in front of the camera convinced me.

Very good and informative video. Could've been a TechQuickie, though.

good job brandon.. nice to see rotation of vids bet linus,slick,taran and now you

i'm actually interested in learning about still shots, maybe video recording after that..im just too stupid to use my mom's big camera  :D

edit: at first glance I thought it says SSD showdown.LOL

I have to give it to you Brandon awesome job!

Honestly he did a solid job on his first appearance ever, I can definitely get used to him hosting more camera stuff on the channel as well as providing coverage from NAB 2015!

Agreed. 

Loved the cinmetaography discussion and Hobbits during Wan Show

and this

Definetly looking forward to more of such content. Cameras, Lens, difference in bit rates etc, also stuff like Video Effects/rendering (From edzel) etc

Brandon did really well, maybe tweak the audio so the lows are not lacking so much? Also some NAB coverage would be really great, I can't go this year so would be nice to see what comes out of it.

I'd love to see more camera equipment videos!

Workstation i7-3930k | GTX 980 SLI | 2 x P2715Q (2160p) | AX1200i | H100i

Server E3-1245v3 | 24GB RAM | Be Quiet! 600W PSU | Be Quiet! Rock Pro 3

Brandon did a really awesome job! It would be cool him in some future videos...

While SD-cards are not perticulary interesting for me, I liked the video and would like to see more "behind the camera" & camera stuff from Brandon. He did a great job standing in front of the camera imo. The only remark I would have is that he should articulate a bit more, because it felt a bit rushed at times (ex at 

), making it harder to understand for me as a non-native speaker. Maybe the nerves did come in to play here, which would be totally understandable :-).

Good job Brandon & we want more!

I liked the video and would love to see more about camera stuff, however I thought Brandon was a little inexperienced at hosting.  That might go way with a bit of practice though.  

Overall great video and keep up the good work.

Great work Brandon.

Liked the topic and how it was handled. 

You might want to slow down a bit, but then again, most first timers have the same problem. Just keep on practicing and you can ditch Linus don't have a catastrophe if Linus is sometimes unavailable.

Great work, but the speaking was hard to understand occasionally. Work on this and there is no reason why you should not appear more often, Brandon!

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I am realy interested in seeing more from Brandon and his camera topics. This video was funny and informative at the same time.

Also Brandon did an awesome job for his first time infront of the camera, especially if you think about the normally boring matter.

Great video, I have actually been wondering about this for a while.

Good job Brandon. Linus, please send him to NAB, and let him do his own outro next time.

When in doubt, re-format.

the fact that linus put a poleraization filter on(before intro, screen goes black) was pretty awesome seeing brandon his face that way.

and sandisk is the best, just like expected.

also:

more brandon!

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

can any one explain @1:56? minimum write speed of 10 MB/s and 30 MB/s ? booth are same , what am i missing here

post-21562-0-59161600-1422375138_thumb.j

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

good job brandon, im also going to NAB this year.. :) wonder if i will run into you 

Aselwyn1

It's pretty exciting to see other members being the host of the video. I think Brandon did great hosting the video for the first time, although i do have a criticism. He probably talked a bit too fast in the video that at times he could sound mumbly, but it could be just me. Probably Brandon could try speak a bit slower during the video? Luke's speed? 

can any one explain @

? minimum write speed of 10 MB/s and 30 MB/s ? booth are same , what am i missing here

They are indeed the same, but the fact is that the mark around the numer changes the meaning of it a bit

The circle one is the old "format" to show what minimum speeds the sd card can reach.

But a couple of years back sd cards got so fast every card that was even a bit premium got at least 10MB/s

So that bring in the other number (the one that looks like it's in a bucket). the "new" format. This time the number shows the guaranteed speed X10

so in this situation, it's 3, so the speed is 10 times 3, which means 30mb/s guaranteed in every scenario.

The numbers also gurarantee perfect performance in certain scenario's. You can find it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

They are indeed the same, but the fact is that the mark around the numer changes the meaning of it a bit

The circle one is the old "format" to show what minimum speeds the sd card can reach.

But a couple of years back sd cards got so fast every card that was even a bit premium got at least 10MB/s

So that bring in the other number (the one that looks like it's in a bucket). the "new" format. This time the number shows the guaranteed speed X10

so in this situation, it's 3, so the speed is 10 times 3, which means 30mb/s guaranteed in every scenario.

The numbers also gurarantee perfect performance in certain scenario's. You can find it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

seems meaningless less, couldn't they just have named that 10 as 30 ? why say it's guaranteed 30 mb/s write and also put it's also guaranteed 10 mb/s ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

seems meaningless less, couldn't they just have named that 10 as 30 ? why say it's guaranteed 30 mb/s write and also put it's also guaranteed 10 mb/s ? 

Probably marketing, 10 is a bigger number than 3 and some people recognize the number with a circle around it :D But true it's quite meaningless.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon