What's the most stupid thing that you have heard people say in terms of technology/computers?

asim1999

I know 3 people:

1 has said that his terabyte is bigger than my terabyte 

another has said that his 2 year old laptop is better than my desktop

the other one thinks that you can upgrade a 2014 Mac Pro to "nividia" graphics and add a 6TB HDD (and that Macs are better than PCs in every way)

SO what is/are the most stupid thing(s) that you have heard people say in terms of technology/computers?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

"I have a supercomputer. 8GB RAM". I found out that it was incredibly expensive (at the time) and has what was a top-end core 2 quad and 8GB DDR2.

Along with a HDD raid...so many HDDs...

Not heard, but when my school's VM computer system was so overtaxed that the desktop backgrounds weren't loading in, people kept on resetting their CRT monitors.

Also, since we switched to much smaller thin client machines (WYSE I think), I've been constantly turning them on as the tiny things are VESA mounted to the back of the screens.

Sig under construction.

Consoles run at 60FPS :D

"my phone has a 3gb ram, and my gaming PC has so much I can store all my music and pictures"

A kid said this to me, along with "my parents grow pot, want some?" while trying to make fun of my Galaxy S4 (WHICH is a great phone I'll have you know)

"my phone has a 3gb ram, and my gaming PC has so much I can store all my music and pictures"

A kid said this to me, along with "my parents grow pot, want some?" while trying to make fun of my Galaxy S4 (WHICH is a great phone I'll have you know)

Yeah, one of the best

I love Samsung phones (apart from the bloatware)

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

"I have downloaded 128GB of Ram For my Pentim D so It Is faster than ALL of your pcs combined" - Kid on Gmod 2014

Some one also told me that they over clocked their Graphing calculator to make it The worlds fastest Pc, But they would smack it really hard aginst the table whenever no one was looking so It make the screen flash, When someone asked him y it was flashing he said the calulator was at 120hz and faster than the Human eye can see. It was really Funny because Most people thought he was legit

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

Ive heard people say that mobile gaming is better than PC...

EDIT: As well as people saying laptop gaming is superior... (somone in BF4 2015)

"I have downloaded 128GB of Ram For my Pentim D so It Is faster than ALL of your pcs combined" Kid on Gmod 2014

Well tell him that you can download some more storage as well

Will get him salivating in all his stupidity 

Ive heard people say that mobile gaming is better than PC...

Well they are wrong

U cant fit an i7 and GTX 980 in a phone otherwise the phone would explode 

Well they are wrong

ur clevar

It seems impossible until it's done.

my dad works for * insert game company * and hes going to get you banned

Ubisoft?

Ubisoft?

I live in the west midlands too

It seems impossible until it's done.

I live in the west midlands too

Good to know

But seriously, even though everyone is spamming me with West Midlands messages, it really does feel lonely here 

Well they are wrong

That's wrong, technically. And by no means would it explode,.

1. 30 fps is more cinematic

2. Resolution is just a number

3. a good gaming pc costs like $2000 and isn't that much better than console

4. you have to upgrade every time a new game comes out.

5. there aren't that many games for PC anyways.

So basically....the usual fanbpy peasant babble.

Depends on the size of the phone *ba dum tsss*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Technically?

GTX 980 is 165W and i7 (desktop) is 84-88W and even the mobile parts are like 10W. U would need a phone the thickness of 3 books inn order to power it 

Technically?

GTX 980 is 165W and i7 (desktop) is 84-88W and even the mobile parts are like 10W. U would need a phone the thickness of 3 books inn order to power it 

That's still false. They could, but it wouldn't be elegant or small, but if it connects to a cellular network and can make phone calls, it is still a phone.

Snippets from a real online convo. I cannot bring myself to delete such comedy gold. Name omitted to protect the hopelessly stupid.  

Mines running on a AMD Radeon mark 3 and a GeForce 780 2 to be exact gpu core 3600mhz memory: 3600mhz CPU speed 3600mhz fps min 55 max 80 average 75 my gpu max temp it gets real hot at 94° my system memory is 32gb I paid in total 400$ for all off of amazon  you get great deals there

3/4, 11:19pm

I also have one running one gtx 680 and 12gb system memory it gets 32 and 64 fps it's smaller it's a laptop I souped up its 2400mhz on everything it also runs battlefield 4 max settings at 55 fps stable which is pretty darn awesome
It's parts were 240$ altogether

3/4, 11:36pm

I know I bought it off of a seller that wanted stuff gone like I'm not sure it might've been hot I don't know but the add said 780 plus accessories free as in you give him 400$ he will give the rest free and it was battered I got the second one for free from my friend he has two 680s and three 780s in one tower it runs at 6800mhz he puts ours to shame

3/4, 11:41pm

He was black not being racist just pointing it out

3/4, 11:44pm

Nevermind I thought you were talking about the seller no but my friends pc is 7800$ altogether no accessories it has 16 USB 3.0 ports 10 LAN cable ports for massive LAN parties and 3 dvi ports 6 hdmis 3 coaxial ports if you want to run it through and use your monitor as a tv and sadly 2 vgas

3/4, 11:45pm

Oh yeah it weighs 45lbs because it has a huge water cooled system that harnesses 2 gallons but also it's case it just massive

"Dell is shit, why can't they offer OS X machines?!"

"My new Razer mouse has 4 BILLION DPI!!!"

"My [brand new]mac is so much better than pc, it has 0 viruses [when it was brand new] and my [pc that his family had been using for the past 5 years] had, like, 2,000!"

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

I've heard a relative of mine complain that she has to pay for cable being laid to her house to get internet since 'internet mostly goes through sattelites'. Although what with all these satellite internet plans being floated lately, she might prove partially right in her lifetime.

Her mother was afraid to look up bio entries about her former professors on a university website late in the evening cause she felt she'd be disturbing them.

Guy I know who's something of a hippy rails against 'the corporations' and has reapeatedly expressed his dissatisfaction about big data gathering so much information about everyone, but he's still using Facebook for all communication with his friends and always logs into youtube with his firstname.lastname@gmail account to watch anything.

"How much memory do I need? I like to store pictures and videos. What do you thing, maybe 500 GB?"

"The main difference between a Mac and PC is that it's easier to use..."

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

"How do you make Wi-Fi come out of your phone? Have you hacked it?
Doesn't it cost!?" - FoxFi and unlimited data (:

Sig under construction.

"Graphics are subjective"

"FPS does not matter"

Or, my favorite:

"There is barely any difference between 1080p and 4K/720p and 1080p"