What's the most stupid thing that you have heard people say in terms of technology/computers?

asim1999

"Nope, no lag at all. Perfect." My friend playing Minecraft at countable frames per second on his craptop.

"Nononono, 360 is better than PS3 and PC."

"Yeah, Windows phone is better. My phone has 32GB of storage and yours has to have 32GB + 64GB."

Sig under construction.

"Yeah, Windows phone is better. My phone has 32GB of storage and yours has to have 32GB + 64GB."

Funny cause that's it's exactly Google's bullshit reasoning for not giving Nexus phones expandable storage.

"Mobile processors are more powerful than PC's because they are smaller"

Wut.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

"Mobile processors are more powerful than PC's because they are smaller"

Wut.

Smaller= less transistors= less cores which are less powerful= less performance 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Smaller= less transistors= less cores which are less powerful= less performance 

Well I do see where they're coming from, it's incredible that mobile processors can handle such workloads whilst being seated in a phone out of all devices, for their size they're really powerful indeed but that doesn't mean they're thus better than PC cpu's.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

"macs are better for graphics work"

"higher dpi is better when buying mouse"

My school bought a bunch of iMacs and boot camped them to Win 8. They said it was for a performance increase at a cheaper price. -____-

School for who? Idiots?

"Yeah, my internet's awesome!" Couldn't stream a single video that night.

Sig under construction.

The human eye only sees at 24 fps

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

No, the kids are nice but the teachers... well. Anyways, I am that kid that brings his mech. kb to school everyday and fixes everybody's issues.

You're lucky you're allowed to use your own keyboard.

At my school we're mainly using thin clients with VMs that barely run, with keys swapped on keyboards (really gets the friends who can't touch-type), keys missing (THERE IS NO ESCAPE AND I HAVE NO CONTROL!).

Some teachers tell me off for screwing in VGA cables properly so I get a consistent image...

Sig under construction.

"Linux is too difficult for me."

Considering what that kind of person would use it for it really isn't.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

The human eye only sees at 24 fps

More like 72fps

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

"High-speed internet"

1.5 download on a good day.

I know its better then some but still.

"My friend says I need an HDML cable to get HD on my PS3 so I can play splitscreen Minecraft"

Sig under construction.

I have a nexus 4 (great phone but a little outdated!) a prick came up to me with their iphone 3gs and said and i quote "My phone is better than urs mate cuz its a Iphone" When i told him he was clearly wrong he said "My dad is like steve jobs innit" Wish all Iphone users wernt dickheads! 

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

I have a nexus 4 (great phone but a little outdated!) a prick came up to me with their iphone 3gs and said and i quote "My phone is better than urs mate cuz its a Iphone" When i told him he was clearly wrong he said "My dad is like steve jobs innit" Wish all Iphone users wernt dickheads! 

They're not all d*******s.

I used to be an iPhone user and I didn't act like an idiot...

Sig under construction.

oh and not to forget "FPS is just a number!" 

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

They're not all d*******s.

I used to be an iPhone user and I didn't act like an idiot...

I know so was i but most i know are! 

oh and not to forget "FPS is just a number!" 

"Resolution is Just a Number"

Sig under construction.

I know so was i but most i know are! 

Well, you're just unlucky. iDevices are pretty popular with my friends, but they seem to go with whatever their friends go with.

And then there's this one friend with the Amazon Fire Phone. On O2. And O2 has no data coverage in my area. No wonder people on the virtual carriers are complaining.

Sig under construction.

my friend: I'm thinking of buying a gaming pc.

me: nice, if you want I can help you select some parts!

random guy across the room: "duuude get a mac!"

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

my friend: I'm thinking of buying a gaming pc.

me: nice, if you want I can help you select some parts!

random guy across the room: "duuude get a mac!"

Yeah. And I have this friend that I could've given my old FX-6100, maybe a hard drive, stock cooler and an old case to. But no, his parents thought that a much cheaper prebuilt would be much better.

Sig under construction.

Yeah. And I have this friend that I could've given my old FX-6100, maybe a hard drive, stock cooler and an old case to. But no, his parents thought that a much cheaper prebuilt would be much better.

LOL, and like how parents think they know everything and when they think that technology is the bane of today's society 

IKR