This company claim its cable could charge your phone 2x faster ( SONICable)

ahhming

Double sided USB A cable is not new (article in Japanese, but check the pictures). 

http://weekly.ascii.jp/elem/000/000/083/83529/

Neither is a "no data, fast charging" cable. As others have mentioned, it involves shorting some wires inside the cable

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1984838

Both of these links are from 2012, though there is probably earlier stuff I didn't find. Regarding the second point, if you have the right wall wart, such as the one that comes included with the nexus 7 (I own one), then there is no need for a special USB cable to achieve 2A on devices that support it. The post I linked talks about car charging, which is obviously one application for a special cable.

Again, as others have mentioned, it is not possible to (safely) make your device draw more than the USB standard specifies, this cable won't change that.

Honestly I don't care about charging times with my phone. I use a bigass extended battery and plug the phone in before I go to bed. Problem solved.

iphone version of faux123's "force AC mode" on his kernels.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I like the idea and claims, but would this be good for the battery?

it can charge with 1000 mah at max so this will not be problem. my nexus 4 came with 1200 mah charger. USB can charge with 500 mah and i wait about 2.3x longer to charge on USB then charger, but with this cable i will wait ~0,2-0.3 x longer my phone to charge 100% from USB :)

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Bullshit. Power delivery depends on the source too, a cable can't magically generate current that isn't being fed to it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Isn't data separate from power though? and surely just turning the data of wouldn't improve anything, since the all you're doing is breaking a circuit and you can't change how much power is output by a USB port :/

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

your device identifies whether it should be charging with 500mA or more on the fact if the data connectors are connected or not

This is stupid.

Electricity isn't magic people.

This is a product that is claiming to be innovative when it really isn't.

I'm disappointed in Kickstarter for not checking campaigns for being downright scams.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

yeah sorry you cant just "make" more electricity with.... a cable...

I'm sorry but I can't see how this would work at all. How can it suck more power out of a given source by simply disabling the digital USB interface? Its not like it can send power through the wires on the usb cable intended for data channels, USB doesnt work like that. I call BS.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Sounds harmful to the battery

How would it be harmful if it charges that way regularly on a dedicated wall charger?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

the cable is pointless, if you wanna charge faster use a higher ampage adapter, your wall wort doesn't power the data cables, just the  power cables, you wouldn't charge it any faster with this cable. 

What they claim this cable does is physically not possible. You cannot simply use a special cable and magically get more amperage and power than you would get through a normal cable. You can only use as much power as your ac adapter can provide.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Who taught the cable to speak? If I saw a cable making outrageous claims, I'd probably kill it with fire no matter what it was trying to sell :P

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'd buy it just for the dual-sided USB cable :D

But why include a 'sonic' switch, why not just make it always charge fast? Unless doing that all the time is bad for your battery?

This sound like that USB cable that has two coated wires between the terminated ports, and supposedly had double the transfer speed. Loool.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't find it on Google.

Something like this has already been backed up, here's the original KickStarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1785889318/doubbletime-charging-cable-full-battery-in-1-2-the

It's available on Amazon already (link), so anyone can try it out. They talk about the DouBBleTime there, so I suppose it comes from the KickStarter. I couldn't find any proper reviews though. Only this one, but it's still only one source. So who knows whether it really works or just runs on rainbows and unicorn farts...

MB: Asus Z97-A | CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 780 Ti Gejmink 3G | Memory: Σ32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Samsung EVO 850 250GB | HDD: Σ2TB WD Blues | PSU: Seasonic 750W 80+ Silver | Case: Antec P182 | Cooling: Noctua NH-C14, all case fans Noctua | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + 2x Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-A900 (closed) & Hifiman HE-350 (open) | Speakers: M-Audio BX5a Deluxe | Mic: M-Audio Producer | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 rip midclick Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 (Cherry MX Blue)

How would it be harmful if it charges that way regularly on a dedicated wall charger?

I'm talking about charging something "2x faster"

I think can believe these claims, here's why:

Some devices, specifically Apple iPhones and iPads (I assume other devices do this too) use the USB data lines to determine what the device is connected to via a series of resistors in the charging circuit at the other end. This is the bit that I don't fully understand, somehow the device uses these resistors to determine how much current it is allowed to draw from the charger, and this determines the charging speed.

So this cable, I guess, has a different resistor configuration which the device reads as it being allowed to draw more current than usual, so it charges faster.

I leaned this because as part of my AS Product Design course, I am making a table which will be able to charge USB devices, and apparently it isn't as easy as just hooking up a 5V supply to the USB ports...  

This video goes into more detail: 

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

I think can believe these claims, here's why:

Some devices, specifically Apple iPhones and iPads (I assume other devices do this too) use the USB data lines to determine what the device is connected to via a series of resistors in the charging circuit at the other end. This is the bit that I don't fully understand, somehow the device uses these resistors to determine how much current it is allowed to draw from the charger, and this determines the charging speed.

So this cable, I guess, has a different resistor configuration which the device reads as it being allowed to draw more current than usual, so it charges faster.

I leaned this because as part of my AS Product Design course, I am making a table which will be able to charge USB devices, and apparently it isn't as easy as just hooking up a 5V supply to the USB ports...  

This video goes into more detail: 

+1

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1