Painting a Motherboard DIY Project - ASUS Rampage V Extreme - Part 1

Pretty cool project! B)

Damn it! Linus, you've gotta cover up them Motherboards properly. #Derp ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

awesome project :D 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Seems cool, I'm laughing really hard at that dead 780ti

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

—RESERVED—

-RESERVED-

Why is everyone reserving?

-RESERVED-

God I am easily influenced... no one do illegal things near me

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Wow, even Linus is sick of red and black and he's previously said he likes it. Proof that it's overused by mobo manufacturers and that they should expand their color selection.

STOP using prime95 with Haswell CPUs!

Main Rig:

CPU:i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz, Motherboard:ASUS Z97-A, GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G1, CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M w/ Noctua NF F12s, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: 16GB (4X4GB) G Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 256GB boot drive & Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 2TB

Secondary/Folding Rig:

CPU:FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz @ 1.344 v., Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX, GPU: MSI R9 290 Gaming, PSU: Corsair HX 750, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Case: NZXT Source 530, Memory: 8GB (2X4GB) G Skill Ares 1600MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128GB

I see you guys have a dead 780ti at the end. Would you guys be willing to sell that? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

So satisfying to see the red disappear, so many red motherboards.

Cool to see how it's done though it'd be pretty unnerving to try on such an expensive motherboard.

Asus X99-Deluxe  |  i7 5820k  |  16GB DDR4  |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G  |  Samsung 850 Evo + 840 Evo 500GB  |  NZXT H440

Why is everyone reserving?

Because everyone follows the G E E K A Z O I D ! B)

Besides the bits you didn't want to be sprayed it actually looks really nice. Hope it still works!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Hope you guys enjoy this series. It has been very stressful so far. I'm looking forward to finding out if it works......

.. don't you already know if it works?

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

.. don't you already know if it works?

Ran out of time and had to rush this one out today. Got some other stuff on my plate as well.

Damn that actually looks really good, I might do this to my mobo for thepci slots I know im not going to use ever, I'll wait to see if it works.   :D

Ran out of time and had to rush this one out today. Got some other stuff on my plate as well.

Like Rumble?

How's he doing BTW?

Hope you guys enjoy this series. It has been very stressful so far. I'm looking forward to finding out if it works......

Much enjoyment. Looking forward to it I am. :D

That's understandable. These past few days must have been really hectic for you, with you guys still recovering from CES and all (you guys were all starting to lose your voice after that)... and of course Rumble. :(

I don't mind the wait. There are more important things than finishing a youtube video, especially making sure loved ones are OK

When I saw the painting part I thought "this is not going to end well" though since he's uploading the video I'm probably wrong.

Is the paint hard to remove from the contact in the PCIe  and RAM slots? Does it peel off with a precision knife? The color is one of the reasons I avoid ROG motherboards. If the red parts were just heatsinks I would totally go for it but painting the actual motherboard is too scary. I think paultan had a platidip layer over the PCB and he cut it so you could see the chips so he got a white motherboard.

LOL he was posting sneak peeks on instagram, so many people crying about it getting damaged. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

To keep paint from getting on the contacts in the PCIe and Memory slots you could have inserted a small strip of cardboard... ;)

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Anyone thought of selling modular motherboards? ;D I mean like getting the mobo with black or white pcb and then selling everything colourful in diffrent colours? I mean I dont mind painting the heatsinks and plasti-dipping the pcb and stuff but thats not a perfect solution after all.

Just thought id be a funny idea ;)

Im also looking forward to the next part of this :D

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry