Why is AMD always considered the 2nd of everything

Hitman123

You all know how AMD is considered second and last in CPUs and second in GPU. Why, why is this. Yes I know because there CPUs and GPUs are more powerful blah blah blah. But why is amd considered u powerful compared to nVidia and Intel???????????

Thankyou,

Hitman123

Because of the price to performance for the 970

AMD is just good for budget gpu wise

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

You all know how AMD is considered second and last in CPUs and second in pus. Why, why is this. Yes I know because there CPUs and Grus are more powerful blah blah blah. But why is amd considered u powerful compared to nVidia and Intel???????????

AMD's CPUs have really become subpar in comparison to where they were and where Intel stands. However, they are set to release some really good products this year.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Yes but why can't amd be on par with Intel. Less knowledge, doubt that

Thankyou,

Hitman123

SNIP

Because they ARE second in performance?

Intel has more powerful CPUs, Nvidia has more powerful GPUs - not to mention current AMD hardware runs hotter and requires more power

AMD makes sense at certain budgets, lower end rigs or high end gamers on a budget

Currently with the low price of I5s, and the cheap GTX 970, AMD have serious problems competing in the value PC market

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They weren't always considered second in everything (they used to be able to compete quite well with Intel, by having the same or greater performance at a lower price point). That however has changed in recent years with AMD improving their CPUs very little if at all, which is leading them to effectively stagnate (GPUs are another kettle of fish).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yeah i agree but why can't they be as powerful. How come they can't improve

Thankyou,

Hitman123

AMD > Nvidia

AMD < Intel

Imo. 

The FX CPUs are lacking (I wouldn't even consider 9590 vs 4690K), and the R9 series are cheap as balls. 

200 series from AMD is competing with the 700 series from Nvidia, wait for AMD's 300 series and then compare. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Intel has more powerful CPUs, Nvidia has more powerful GPUs - not to mention current AMD hardware runs hotter and requires more power

AMD makes sense at certain budgets, lower end rigs or high end gamers on a budget

Currently with the low price of I5s, and the cheap GTX 970, AMD have serious problems competing in the value PC market

^THIS^

Unless you're hard pressed for cash or need something with more than 4 threads but lack the money, that's when AMD steps in...

As for GPUs, the ones currently out are on par with nVidia's offerings, although a bit more power hungry... Wait for the 300 series...

Because they are, it's just pretty much fact. But they usually have good value

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Still though (despite what everyone here is saying), anyone spending over $150 on a CPU just for gaming is kind of.. well an idiot. I've found sales on an 8350 for $100, I've never seen any i3 CPU go for that price. AMD does a great job being the bargain bin CPU, but all these people here saying it's actually garbage are just.. idiots. 

In a given budget, reasonably set for enthusiast level tech, you can get more performance by getting an AMD CPU and then spending that money you have left over on something else.

Gaming since 97, aka the Almost No Longer a Noob Squad

AMD is spread quite thin, they aren't as strong in the server space as nvidia or intel (where lower power consumption is much more important than actual cost) is so don't have the R&D money to improve.

They do make decent value stuff but it's getting harder and harder to justify them nowadays.

Ok I now understand. Yeah Ames new r9 300 series I think is going to be a smasher. I have a r7 260x and it performs like a beauty. And guess how much I got for it?????????? 100$. Amazing value. 2gb gddr5 memory. Over clocked to 1200Mhz memory clock at stock 6.5Ghz. Amazing.

Thankyou,

Hitman123

[...]they are set to release some really good products this year.

Not in the CPU space though, Zen is planned for 2016.

Nvidia has more powerful GPUs

This is true only half of the time. The newer generation is almost always better overall regardless if it's by Nvidia or AMD.

Plural of PC is PCs, not PC's. Plural of CPU is CPUs, not CPU's. Plural of LED is LEDs, not LED's.

You can build computers really well, not real good.

This is true only half of the time. The newer generation is almost always better overall regardless if it's by Nvidia or AMD.

its CURRENTLY true is all I was saying

Its not a general rule, but currently that is the state of play

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

AMDs fx line are old man. The tech is old ok yes 8 cores but i3 single core performance is awsome. I was thinking of switching to fx but the chipset I have now is newer ( h97).

Thankyou,

Hitman123

its CURRENTLY true is all I was saying

Its not a general rule, but currently that is the state of play

Right, agreed. Although the price/performance ratio is questionable as (just checked Newegg) 290X moves around the same price area as 970. Obviously the 980 still wins on the pure performance point of view ^^

Plural of PC is PCs, not PC's. Plural of CPU is CPUs, not CPU's. Plural of LED is LEDs, not LED's.

You can build computers really well, not real good.

Still though (despite what everyone here is saying), anyone spending over $150 on a CPU just for gaming is kind of.. well an idiot. I've found sales on an 8350 for $100, I've never seen any i3 CPU go for that price. AMD does a great job being the bargain bin CPU, but all these people here saying it's actually garbage are just.. idiots. 

In a given budget, reasonably set for enthusiast level tech, you can get more performance by getting an AMD CPU and then spending that money you have left over on something else.

well if you want 8 (crap) cores where only 3 or 4 are in use you are stupid in my mind if you are gaming you are better off with spending like 20 bucks more on a i3, then you have a upgrade path aswell if it is not powerfull enough anymore buy a i5 or i7. the AMD fx series is way to old no upgrade path, its only good value if you use a lot of core's like rendering otherwise it is a waste of money with no upgrade path.

and to be honnes i paid 230€ for my 4690k and i am at 30% usage when playing games so i have a lot of headroom in the future so in my mind a good CPU is half of the work. 

Gaming rig) i5-4690k@3,5ghz,4,1ghz turbo , gigabyte z97x-gaming 3, hyperx fury red 2x4gb(1600mhz), msi GTX 970 gaming 4, corsair cs650m PSU, corsair carbide spec-03 case, be quiet pure rock Cpu cooler, kingston v300 120gb ssd, samsung evo 830 120gb ssd, segate baracuda 1,5tb hdd, Laptop 1) HP pavilion power, i7 7700hq, 16gb ddr4, 256gb nvme ssd, 1tb hdd, nvdia gtx 1050 Laptop 2(linux mint)Dell Xps 15(2011), i3-2130m, nvidia gt525m, 4gb 1333mhz ram, 500gb hdd Laptop3(mint and windows)Dell inspiron 15z(2013), i5-3337u, hd 4000 graphics, 6gb 1600mhz ddr3, 500gb hdd, 32gb ssd(RST) First PC(still using for some windows XP programs)Amd athlon xp 1500+@1,96ghz, 2gb 300mhz ram, PNY geforce 6200, 80gb maxtor hdd, asus(tek) a7n8x-deluxe , 450W psu, spire case

Right, agreed. Although the price/performance ratio is questionable as (just checked Newegg) 290X moves around the same price area as 970. Obviously the 980 still wins on the pure performance point of view ^^

the 970 will stil beat it in heat en powerconsumpion and i think even on performance 

Gaming rig) i5-4690k@3,5ghz,4,1ghz turbo , gigabyte z97x-gaming 3, hyperx fury red 2x4gb(1600mhz), msi GTX 970 gaming 4, corsair cs650m PSU, corsair carbide spec-03 case, be quiet pure rock Cpu cooler, kingston v300 120gb ssd, samsung evo 830 120gb ssd, segate baracuda 1,5tb hdd, Laptop 1) HP pavilion power, i7 7700hq, 16gb ddr4, 256gb nvme ssd, 1tb hdd, nvdia gtx 1050 Laptop 2(linux mint)Dell Xps 15(2011), i3-2130m, nvidia gt525m, 4gb 1333mhz ram, 500gb hdd Laptop3(mint and windows)Dell inspiron 15z(2013), i5-3337u, hd 4000 graphics, 6gb 1600mhz ddr3, 500gb hdd, 32gb ssd(RST) First PC(still using for some windows XP programs)Amd athlon xp 1500+@1,96ghz, 2gb 300mhz ram, PNY geforce 6200, 80gb maxtor hdd, asus(tek) a7n8x-deluxe , 450W psu, spire case

I'm sensing an AMD fanboy trying to make AMD good.

1. R&D: they simply can't improve since they are trying fulfill a variety of markets. Even though, YES, they are trying to make a new cpu architecture but very little is actually spend on it.

2. AMD's launch of the fx cpus was a money making act. Releasing the motherboards, then holding out for a couple of months made consumers thought that AMD was improving the architecture. But they were actually just given motherboard makers money and the cpu didn't improve at all. Intel still came out on top for performance, so those who demand the best will stay with Intel. and since AMD is only in extreme budget systems and render farms for large companies and media work.

So the OP is expecting consumers to trust AMD for their cpus after what they pulled with the FX CPUS. and keep in mind FX WAS RELEASED AFTER INTEL CPUS, THEY STILL PERFORMED WORSE.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

It hasn't always been this way, so ALWAYS is less then accurate.

Reason is leadership and money.

Also fix the original post so it makes sense.

Because AMD pays their engineers less than what Intel pay theirs.

I'm sensing an AMD fanboy trying to make AMD good.

1. R&D: they simply can't improve since they are trying fulfill a variety of markets. Even though, YES, they are trying to make a new cpu architecture but very little is actually spend on it.

2. AMD's launch of the fx cpus was a money making act. Releasing the motherboards, then holding out for a couple of months made consumers thought that AMD was improving the architecture. But they were actually just given motherboard makers money and the cpu didn't improve at all. Intel still came out on top for performance, so those who demand the best will stay with Intel. and since AMD is only in extreme budget systems and render farms for large companies and media work.

So the OP is expecting consumers to trust AMD for their cpus after what they pulled with the FX CPUS. and keep in mind FX WAS RELEASED AFTER INTEL CPUS, THEY STILL PERFORMED WORSE.

Its not even that they performed worse, its that #2 point that has burned a lot of people.