EVGA GTX 980 hydrocopper pictured (AIO)

ahhming
ahhming

I'm crying. It's beautiful.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Wasn't there a Jayz2Cents video on it already? if so then this is obsolete (I use the big words now :D )

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

It's a normal EVGA blower 980 with an AIO strapped onto it. Just an elegant approach but the same solution as the Kraken or Corsair AIO adapters.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Wasn't there a Jayz2Cents video on it already? if so then this is obsolete (I use the big words now :D )

this over lightning card anyday

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

It looks pretty good! I wonder how long it will be before this type of GPU becomes a lot more popular.

This doesn't merit the Hydro Copper name. Personally, I think AIO watercooled GPUs look ugly, and aren't practical. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Not to disparage the beauty of this, but I could just buy a 120mm aio and zip tie it to my gpu and get the same result tyvm

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I can understand why they keep the blower on the conversion kits but if they are going to sell them already watercooled I would really prefer if the aio cooled the ram as well and they could just ditch the blower. Would probably increase the cost quite a bit though.

It looks pretty good! I wonder how long it will be before this type of GPU becomes a lot more popular.

Quite a while since it takes a special kind of case to rig more than one of these inside.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Not to disparage the beauty of this, but I could just buy a 120mm aio and zip tie it to my gpu and get the same result tyvm

No you can't. Look at the inside block. It spreads out along the entire PCB. This is a much better solution than the Red/Green mod which requires you supply awkwardly mounted fans to keep the VRMs and RAM cool.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

This doesn't merit the Hydro Copper name. Personally, I think AIO watercooled GPUs look ugly, and aren't practical.

in that case, you can have the already released hydrocopper 980 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487083 or http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-geforce-gtx-980-hydro-c7-103890.htm

I personally don't see the need for 2 versions, the full cover and teh AIO.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

I can understand why they keep the blower on the conversion kits but if they are going to sell them already watercooled I would really prefer if the aio cooled the ram as well and they could just ditch the blower. Would probably increase the cost quite a bit though.

But if the blower can run much more slowly and quietly in this configuration, then it may be the best of both worlds pushing all the heat out of the case. It's only above 1500 RPMs you can really start to hear these things.

in that case, you can have the already released hydrocopper 980 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487083 or http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-geforce-gtx-980-hydro-c7-103890.htm

I personally don't see the need for 2 versions, the full cover and teh AIO.

The Hydro Coppers aren't in stock anymore, and EVGA hasn't provided a batch in a while.

The Hydro Coppers aren't in stock anymore, and EVGA hasn't provided a batch in a while.

Does not change the fact that they exist.

EDIT: and isn't the 900 series only a few months old anyway? Even if the HC980 is a full run, they will have trouble with the supply the first few months, just like every GPU ever released.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Aww it's cute, it's a straight copy of the 295x2, but yea. 

No it isn't. This is far more elegant and pushes all heat out of the case. The 295X2 has a fan on the front which pushes heat back into the case.

No it isn't. This is far more elegant and pushes all heat out of the case. The 295X2 has a fan on the front which pushes heat back into the case.

If you look at it, so does this one. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Does not change the fact that they exist.

EDIT: and isn't the 900 series only a few months old anyway? Even if the HC980 is a full run, they will have trouble with the supply the first few months, just like every GPU ever released.

No, by this point the high-end enthusiasts' hunger should be satisfied. There were 3 runs and then in December EVGA never replenished, and I'm on the email alert list for every website which supplies them, including EVGA's home website.

But if the blower can run much more slowly and quietly in this configuration, then it may be the best of both worlds pushing all the heat out of the case. It's only above 1500 RPMs you can really start to hear these things.

That's true. If they can keep the blower fan at a low enough rpm that it is inaudible you could be right. Noise was my main concern about keeping the blower.

If you look at it, so does this one. 

Nope, the blower sucks air from the case into the GPU and pushes it out the back. The 295x2 sucks in air from the outside edges and pushes it into the case along the axis of the fan.

That's true. If they can keep the blower fan at a low enough rpm that it is inaudible you could be right. Noise was my main concern about keeping the blower.

well my reference card is very quiet even under load, and pretty much inaudible at idle.  I doubt this fan would have to ramp up for any reason. 

muh specs 

All parts black

No, by this point the high-end enthusiasts' hunger should be satisfied. There were 3 runs and then in December EVGA never replenished, and I'm on the email alert list for every website which supplies them, including EVGA's home website.

So the evidence that EVGA ceased production is that it has been a month since you were emailed?

As already stated, they have a hydrocopper card for the 900 series already. If they release a CLC version, then good, but it will likely have a different name.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Nope, the blower sucks air from the case into the GPU and pushes it out the back. The 295x2 sucks in air from the outside edges and pushes it into the case along the axis of the fan.

This pushes air both out the case and out the back of the card, unless the shroud has a piece of plastic blocking it. Though, not much heat anyway. 

muh specs 

All parts black