Battlefield veterans team up for space sim Into the Stars

XTankSlayerX

into_the_stars.jpg

^SOURCE^

Battlefield, Lost Planet, Medal of Honor, Shadows of the Damned and MAG count among the credits of the four members of new studio Fugitive Games, who are now “on the run from traditional development” and looking to “build games that focus on fun and community first”.

Into the Stars is the first effort from the four. Players will take on the role of captain and set out to explore a “massive solar system”. Players outfit the ship, select a crew, scavenge resources and battle enemies. You manage every action – steering the ship and all controlling systems.

The Mac and PC-bound project is now on Kickstarter, with a goal of $85,000. The soundtrack comes via Jack Wall, who composed the score for Mass Effect, and as such I had to physically restrain myself from getting out my credit card as soon as I loaded up the trailer and heard the first few bars. You have been warned.

d591ce79c1f9cb0b83d6645df265c6f8_large.j

Kickstarter Link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fugitivegames/into-the-stars

This looks awesome. I've always have loved games from DICE, all of the battlefield games are great and this looks amazing as well.

Looks good! :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

that . LOOKS" AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Just watched the ign video on YouTube. Seems very interesting. But I swear to god they mentioned the ability to manage your own crew like 15 times.

I wonder if I can manage my own crew.

Just watched the ign video on YouTube. Seems very interesting. But I swear to god they mentioned the ability to manage your own crew like 15 times.

I wonder if I can manage my own crew.

Yeah I wonder if I'll get full control to manage my own crew

This game looks pretty cool! I might get sucked into it like FTL

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

God damn i really want this to be good.

Star citizen and elite:dangerous have both let me down so far.

Inb4 star citizen isn't even barely done, the image they have for it doesn't seem appealing to me

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Its basically a massively updated Starflight? I'm sold. so long as they bring back the Spemin.

Battlefield veterans and the best name they can come up with is called "Into The Stars" with a cheesy design?

That's the only thing that bothers me about the game - other than that it looks good.

Cool

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Never backed a kickstarter before but seriously considering this one just to get my hands on the soundtrack, looks promising.

Asus X99-Deluxe  |  i7 5820k  |  16GB DDR4  |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G  |  Samsung 850 Evo + 840 Evo 500GB  |  NZXT H440

It just looks awfully cheesy, with arcade/micro managed combat and resource collection. The features they talk about in the video have been planned for Star Citizen (and somewhat Elite) for quite some time now.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

I can't remember what the game was called, but basically you had to have a couple players, and each person managed one of the ships subsystems, but you couldn't interact with the other systems, even if you're the captain. So you had to have one person for each thing, working seperately, but being directed and co-ordinated by the captain. It was rather clunky and hard to get into though. Great premise all the same, I'd love to see a AAA production of a game with the same dynamic.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

It seems like every company is on that "We need to build Space Sim games now" all thanks to Star Citizen. Star Citizen will be the one to succeed since more people backed that game.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

I can't remember what the game was called, but basically you had to have a couple players, and each person managed one of the ships subsystems, but you couldn't interact with the other systems, even if you're the captain. So you had to have one person for each thing, working seperately, but being directed and co-ordinated by the captain. It was rather clunky and hard to get into though. Great premise all the same, I'd love to see a AAA production of a game with the same dynamic.

Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/247350/

Best LAN game for Trek nerds. :D

Game looks good, but the space sim genre is filling up fast.  Hardly a bad thing, I suppose?

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Battlefield veterans and the best name they can come up with is called "Into The Stars" with a cheesy design?

Yeah the animation and design of that logo reminded me of Disney/Pixar

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

That's good. I want more space sims to be developed. I won't be playing this one most likely though as it doesn't look extreme enough for my tastes.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

It looks good, real good, but I already backed Star Citizen and that seriously feels like the only game worth being backed (along with Kingdom Come: Deliverance). Still, I hope this makes it.

I'm surprised a bunch of people here think this looks so good. It looks pretty crap to me. I don't get it..

The good thing is that you don't  have to get it. It doesn't appeal to you, it is that simple. Personally I think it looks good because I love space games , I love choosing what to do, I love that my decisions will have some form of impact and I love great music—which, as it sounds, this game will have. It probably won't be a super awesome-never-to-be-beat game, but it does look good.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I smell a star citizen clone.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I smell a star citizen clone.

Do you also think League of Legends is a Dota clone?

Hmmm a "3D" ftl clone. I'd rather play ftl.

Edit:: wait no, its a Derek Smart simulator clone!!!!!

Do you also think League of Legends is a Dota clone?

Don't really care, played Dota, didn't like it lol.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So many space Sims, so little money.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi