MSI are ridiculous with their amount of 970's

jfing14

Did you not even read the first paragraph?

This GPU isn't just a GTX 970 with a different paint job, but this model has a full cover back plate and willl also ship with what MSI call a "Special Gift". 

I've seen a lot of people put off by the Twin Frozr 970 on account of its lack of a backplate.

lack of a backplate.

IMHO, every GPU released today should have a backplate. 

IMHO, every GPU released today should have a backplate. 

OK... I don't really care. As long as the PCB isn't like bright blue, or green, or beige or something.

If MSI comes out with a 980 Lightning, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

They already confirmed they aren't unfortunately

Life.exe is missing

It would be awesome if they made a cooler with plastic fibres that were connected to rbg led's controlled by their software. Like the r9 200 series make it black but instead of the red accents add the fibres with rgb control. That's probably not a great idea for cooling but some people would like the ability to have a nice looking card that fits in with their color scheme. At this point you are putting a lot of money into your build generally .... I like to show off my computer so it would be nice if it didn't look like someone tie dyed it lol.

If they truly listened to the customers they would include backplates

They are including a backplate on the GTX 970 100ME(the green one).

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Now they just need to release GTX 970 Lightning. We need black/yellow graphics card. 

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

Ahahahhahaha they added a back plate :lol:​ 

#Competition 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

GTX 970

Gaming

Krait

ME

Golden

Reference

The one with the Tiger on the box, can't remember the name

6 970s by MSI alone, uwotm8???!

who cares...

A blue and a purple would be great.  There aren't a lot of blue cards, not at least in color theme. Just a blue logo at most.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

A blue and a purple would be great.  There aren't a lot of blue cards, not at least in color theme. Just a blue logo at most.

It's pretty rare you see blue themed builds let alone blue and a different alternate color besides black. I would love to see a blue and purple card, I think that would make things very interesting.

The 100E sounds like an improvement, a backplate and a "special gift". The only problem being... It's green.