Moving Windows from old 2.5" ssd to NVME SSD

Currently trying to figure out the easiest way to move Windows 11 from my old 2.5" ssd to my new NVME ssd. Anyone have any recommendations? (Preferably not a clean sweep of the drives and reinstalling windows through a flashdrive.)

27 minutes ago, VitalityNyx said:

Currently trying to figure out the easiest way to move Windows 11 from my old 2.5" ssd to my new NVME ssd. Anyone have any recommendations? (Preferably not a clean sweep of the drives and reinstalling windows through a flashdrive.)

Macrium has pretty good free drive migration software.

🤔 mmm are they the same brand or different brands? Some companies have their own migration software that works fine, do you have a lot of data and that's why you don't want to do a fresh install? As starting fresh is usually recommended for best experience

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

11 minutes ago, Ripred said:

🤔 mmm are they the same brand or different brands? Some companies have their own migration software that works fine, do you have a lot of data and that's why you don't want to do a fresh install? As starting fresh is usually recommended for best experience

Yeah this is why i was asking, doing a clean install can get rid of a lot of junk from old drivers or updates and things.

If you cant or don't want to that's fair just wondering.

Personally i try to do a clean install once a year, and will be soon once i get my new game storage drives.

On 5/25/2024 at 2:59 AM, VitalityNyx said:

I use Acronis all the time for cloning drives. It's simple to use and it never let me down. Used it probably over 50 times. 
It's really simple. But if you don't want to pay for it, there are free alternatives such as Clonezilla and other. Never used them before so can't really comment if they are any good.