Cooling a 1080 ti

Tessa Murdock

So, I was walking home, and found a Corsair Elite One sitting in a pile of electronics put out for trash day. I took it home, plugged it in, and lo and behold it powered up (yes, I know I should have looked it over before I tried to power it on, I was too excited, sue me). Plugged in a monitor, not only does it post, it boots all the way to Windows 11 (I'm going to wipe it for the previous owner's privacy).

Anyways, I turn it off, turn it back on, go into the BIOS, and realize the CPU temp is rising alarmingly quickly. Long story short, the AIO pumps are both dead (one for the CPU, one for the GPU). The CPU I'm planning on putting an air cooler onto (I'm not going to use this thing for gaming, it's just going to replace my side computer for browsing and what not), but I'm not sure how to resolve the GPU issue. I can't find a replacement heatsink online, and I don't want to break the bank on a 1080 ti. That said, it's better than the 1070 that I have in my main rig, and I'd love to swap them if I can figure out a way. Anyone have any brilliant ideas?

Edit: Jank is not only okay, but welcome. Love me some jank. 

check ebay for fried cards, take off the cooler and slap it on

32 minutes ago, BentleyOwen123 said:

check ebay for fried cards, take off the cooler and slap it on

This

Or look for used aftermarket coolers. Arctic acellero IV's pop up for pretty cheap now and then. Rajintek morpheus bricks too.

Alternatively, see if your 1070's cooler fits on it 

46 minutes ago, 8tg said:

This

Or look for used aftermarket coolers. Arctic acellero IV's pop up for pretty cheap now and then. Rajintek morpheus bricks too.

Alternatively, see if your 1070's cooler fits on it 

It's also not entirely uncommon to find even partner coolers on Ebay, I've found a number of EVGA coolers for various cards, among other brands.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I'll keep checking eBay, but all of the even broken cards there right now are over 100 Canadian, which seems... Steep. I probably will see if the cooler on my 1070 will work, though that will leave me with the problem of the 1070 not having a cooler then, and I'm intending to put that into the Corsair Elite One (again, not for gaming, I just want a ton of display outputs)