Are you more likely to buy a XBONE now?

No

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

No it still watches what you do and cant play old 360 games that I might not want a 360 for better having one console to play 2 generations on than 2.

No.

Kinect3000 will always be watching you despite what microsoft has to say about it.

If It has to be plugged in AT ALL times for the system to even work, that is not only suspicious but also a deal-breaker for many.

I was going to buy one anyway tbh, none of their supposed big issues before would have caused me any bother and on the kinect thing if I was really worried about it watching me I would just unplug it 

Intel i5 3570K | Msi GTX 660 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 | Sharkoon T28 

Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Rocaat Pyra | Steelseries 7H | Corsair SP2500

I was going to buy one anyway tbh, none of their supposed big issues before would have caused me any bother and on the kinect thing if I was really worried about it watching me I would just unplug it 

That's the thing. You CANT unplug it.

That's the thing. You CANT unplug it.

Not the sensor the console... why would I care if the sensor is watching me when I'm using the console I'm playing games not smoking crystal, so the only time I wouldn't want the sensor watching me would be when the console isn't off and then you can just unplug the console or the sensor if you're that paranoid and worried.

Intel i5 3570K | Msi GTX 660 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 | Sharkoon T28 

Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Rocaat Pyra | Steelseries 7H | Corsair SP2500

More likely? Yes.

That said, the probability of me buying one is still effectively infinitesimal.

Don't care about consoles :) .

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Less likely, if anything.

This doesn't really change anything unless you're a slave to Xbox. They demonstrated that they don't give a damn about their users and that hasn't changed...This u-turn has quite transparently come about purely from self-interest. At least before this, they had their "fuck you all" honestly/brazenness going for them, but now they don't even have that. This only demonstrates that the changes they were going to make were done out of greed, rather than any belief that it was for the good of us all.

Xbox One: $500 with Kinect, decent exclusives, $60/year Xbox Live.

PS4: $460 with PS Eye (optional, but eh, price isn't that much different), I like the exclusives more than the XBOne, $50/yr PS+.

If I liked the XBOne exclusives more than the PS3/4 exclusives, I would go for it. Hardware differences aren't really that bad, PS4 is a fair bit better though.

Also, Naughty Dog is the biggest reason I'm sticking with PS3/4. If they can deliver 2 games that earned a "Masterpiece" rating, I'd love to see what else they'll come up with.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

At the moment... still no.  Definitely not at $499 and with the included Kinect bundle (I really don't see a use for it).

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Don't care about consoles as long as we get quallity ports from them to the pc.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

I am MORE likely to buy the Xbox One; I still have no plans to get it at launch and may not get it at all, but its situation has improved.

Overall, the main reason I was planning to NEVER buy an Xbox One was a "voting with my money" thing: Microsoft made a lot of stupid decisions that probably wouldn't have affected me (I don't have any real immediate plans to bring a game console somewhere without internet, etc.) but I do want to discourage unnecessary restrictions beyond just losing the customers who ABSOLUTELY CANNOT use the system with those restrictions, a fairly small minority of the target audience. If we allow these restrictions now, they could become standard; once they become standard, they'll push even farther. If we had let them keep going just because "It probably won't affect me personally" then over time restrictions will be piled on and every time it will seem like it's just a little change.

... Or maybe not, I can't see the future. Either way, I had a perfectly reasonable alternative so I was entirely content with taking the moral high-ground at the time. Now Microsoft has shown a much better quality than "Not changing things that work" (which is a neutral trait at best, releasing the same product over and over isn't much better than releasing worse products) and that is "Listening to customers." Admittedly they didn't show it all that WELL, so it can't really be counted as a positive so much as mostly cancelling out the really terrible decisions made earlier, but I do appreciate both the attempts to add cool, interesting things and the rational response to being massively raped by Sony at E3.

Anyways, now I don't have any moral opposition to the Xbox One. I'm fine with the Kinect being a required accessory, and see why it would add $100 (the price difference over the PS4) rather than $60 (the price of the PS4 camera). That said, I don't think it has $100 worth of total use, or $40 worth of benefit over the PS4 alternative, and I really can't justify the cost of both at once. Maybe later in the cycle when some really key exclusive comes out, but for now I won't be so vehemently opposed to the idea of people owning the system at all (before now it was a slightly worse system that supported undesirable agendas for more money, now it's just a slightly worse system for more money and it does have some features that I think others could appreciate much more). I can also think of some things that they could have done which would be better than just going back to not changing anything, make it more like Steam for example, but with the amount of negative press they've had to deal with, an "Xbox One Eighty" is probably a better business decision than "We've changed our DRM policies... No, we can't say that we've removed online check-ins completely but- HEY WAIT! COME BACK!"

No, because as soon as the console become popular, Microsoft will reverse, and turn back on the DRM.

Plus, you have Kinect that needs to be always plugged.

Adam Sessler on the latest 'Address the Sess' made some great points about the Xbox One that i never actually thought about before, now don't get me wrong i'm still on Playstation's side, but after watching Address the Sess I saw at least some good in their decisions, but still no..

hell no not with they way Microsoft are reacting 
ohh you dint like the drm well #¤%#¤ you....... oh  we aren't getting any preorders... we removed the drm cos we listen to our fans ...but also the good stuff cos we are emo drama queens  

If I had the money, I wouldn't. Shit, I still need to upgrade for fucking Battlefield 4 and Titanfall. Would've most likely went for a PS4 if I had the cash anyway. Naughty Dog wins my testicles <3

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

No. Not because I'm choosing the PS4 but because I don't care about consoles.

The fact that Microsoft would even consider doing something like this means that they would probably do it again. Also, the PS4 is still a better value.