Post your 10fastfingers.com result here :D

MeepLikesToBuildPc's

On laptop in bed but i don't think i'd be any better on anything else anyway lol

typing-test_1_AY.pngVisit the Typing Test and try!

I get 74 on my laptop even though I hate the keyboard and haven't used it in a year and a bit

83 WPM

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Just got 84 again, but with only 2 wrong words :)

VJoNbWH.png

Membranes4lyfe

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

I usually average 100-ish. If I actually learned how to use the ring finger and the pinky on my right hand I think I'd be a little bit faster.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

typing-test_1_BF.pngVisit the Typing Test and try!

with a logitech k400 media keyboard laying on a couch. With a normal keyboard I am much faster. I think that I was able to sit around the 100wpm mark in middle school when I was learning. I don't have a mech keyboard in my dorm. 

edit: went to my desk and used my k700 solar keyboard (super think chick let style keyboard) and got 

typing-test_1_BY.pngVisit the Typing Test and try!

My main problem is that I keep reading the words wrong and have to backspace to fix them. I wish that it used actual sentences rather than random words. I am much faster trying to actually formulate a sentence. 

typing-test_1_BU.pngVisit the Typing Test and try!

On a dell venue 11 pro with the solid keyboard attachment. Much better than I expected on this little thing. I wonder how I could do with a mechanical keyboard. 

typing-test_1_DM.pngVisit the Typing Test and try!

And that's with my worst keyboard. My Macbook scissor switches with terrible travel and positioning. Give me my reds or my blue cherries and I usually hit between 180 and 200wpm on tests like these. I blow peoples minds when my phone or iPad have the key press sounds on. I can type nearly 75-80wpm on my iPhone screen. Which is funny because if you search fastest iPhone typer on google you'll see a video of someone typing 56wpm. 

typing-test_1_DM.pngVisit the Typing Test and try!

And that's with my worst keyboard. My Macbook scissor switches with terrible travel and positioning. Give me my reds or my blue cherries and I usually hit between 180 and 200wpm on tests like these. I blow peoples minds when my phone or iPad have the key press sounds on. I can type nearly 75-80wpm on my iPhone screen. Which is funny because if you search fastest iPhone typer on google you'll see a video of someone typing 56wpm. 

Damn, you're fast.

Can you give us a result for your best keyboard? I'd love to see it.

Sig under construction.

I win? :P

typing-test_1_A.pngVisit the Typing Test and try!

typing-test_1_BN.pngVisit the Typing Test and try!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

typing-test_1_DG.png

I tried three times and each time I got 110. Dang Olympic level typists with your damn 120 WPM+

typing-test_1_DG.png

I tried three times and each time I got 110. Dang Olympic level typists with your damn 120 WPM+

The thing I've found is that I am not a touch typist. I don't rest my fingers on the eight keys on the home row. At rest my fingers are in the slots between the A and S keys, S and D keys, D and F keys, J and K keys, K and L keys, and ; and ' keys with my right index finger on the slot between N and M and my left pinkie on the left shift key with my left thumb on the space bar. Its sort of the natural way my hands fall onto the keyboard and it forced me to learn not only the muscle memory of the keyboard but also forces me to slightly move my hands (especially the left hand) slightly while typing. 

And I can't argue with good results. Touch typing is good to learn on but its best to find for yourself the best way to type fast to overcome the 100wpm plateau. 

The thing I've found is that I am not a touch typist. I don't rest my fingers on the eight keys on the home row. At rest my fingers are in the slots between the A and S keys, S and D keys, D and F keys, J and K keys, K and L keys, and ; and ' keys with my right index finger on the slot between N and M and my left pinkie on the left shift key with my left thumb on the space bar. Its sort of the natural way my hands fall onto the keyboard and it forced me to learn not only the muscle memory of the keyboard but also forces me to slightly move my hands (especially the left hand) slightly while typing. 

And I can't argue with good results. Touch typing is good to learn on but its best to find for yourself the best way to type fast to overcome the 100wpm plateau. 

I'm actually the same way! Nobody really taught me to type when I was younger, so I pretty much just go with the flow and I don't lock my fingers to the home row. I think a big reason why I can't breach 110~ is because my right hand isn't as efficient as my left. I spent over 8 years typing with only my index, middle finger and thumb for my right hand, and only a few years ago I started incorporating my ring finger and pinkie. I'm not sure if I will ever get much higher than 110~ though, I feel like some people are just more dexterous with their fingers than others. If I try to go too fast I end up getting a ton of errors, and over the years my speed hasn't progressed much.

This and my previous post, been typing on my HP mini netbook. Will try again on my desktop keyboard later on.

typing-test_1_BS.pngVisit the Typing Test and try!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just got 77 on my logitech k700. 

I remember when I had to take a typing test between middle and high school to determine if I needed a typing class. The lady running it was really old and put me at a computer with a broken keyboard that had a several keys that didn't work and some that stuck down. She wouldn't let me take it on a better keyboard and failed me. I had to start in the class and test out in the first 5 minutes. 

56, normally I'm closer to 70.