FX-8350 for streaming?

Pahddy
Go to solution Solved by Faa,

Alright, so I will be better off with a i7, but if I can't get one for the right price will an i5 do?

Yep. Aslong it's not a 8350. It's just simple, most games usually have one main thread and a few trashthreads which rely on the mainthread, streaming loads every core with a bunch of crap and as we know AMD's single core performance being horrible that main thread's performance is extremely sensitive. Not much of a point having relatively good streaming performance when your game is running at 15 fps. Most massive multiplayer games 8350's run at 15 fps without streaming, add another good taxing fee and that would come down to 10 fps.

Around 16:00 he starts showing the streaming results, look at how awful the minimum fps were getting that's what I meant. Looking at most encoding benchmarks on the net, I see the i5 doing nearly in all benchmarks better than the 8350 so totally no reason to get a 8350 for streaming. I wouldn't bother with what many AMD fanatics here are saying, take Fooshi for example, next day he'll be saying the same shit "no difference between AMD & Intel in Arma 3". This is the 5th time orsomething he's getting proven wrong. Not sure why you would trap in their lies though, I mean two QX9775's which are from 2008 on a dual socket board at 4.2GHz outperforms a 9590 meaning the singlethreaded performance is even much better on C2Q.

image_id_1046283.jpeg

About the i5 vs i7, well Hyperthreading usually adds a 30% boost, so yeah 30% more FPS theoretically, up to you if that's worth it or not.

What evidence do you have to support low framerate during him streaming? I understand you were trying to be funny, but it's pretty ignorant as well.

And considering the fact that you can get nearly the same performance for almost $100 less by getting the 8350, it all comes down to personal preference. 

Your decision to buy a 8350 by thinking you get nearly the same performance for almost 100$ less being a personal preference is what I would call ignorant. You wouldnt even notice any performance degradation if 4 of your 8 cores died, that should tell you enough how really useless 8 cores are just for gaming only. For the same price you're getting almost up to twice as much fps in CPU limited titles so let's stop mything about it's price/performance. I bet our good friend at AMD Richard Huddy who's a PR leader orsomething yolo's a 5960x at home to test the full potential out of his GPU's. No wonder AMD is shipping Intel CPU's for their GPU reviews.

Been thinking about this for a while. Definitely going to buy with in the next 2 weeks now. I have been watching this video 

and it shows that the FX-8350 is better for gaming and streaming at the same time. The other option is to just upgrade my existing build (Z77) to an i5 or i7. I really don't know about the video because some people in the comments are saying that their tests were not done correctly or something. :S

Thanks

Been thinking about this for a while. Definitely going to buy with in the next 2 weeks now. I have been watching this video 

and it shows that the FX-8350 is better for gaming and streaming at the same time. The other option is to just upgrade my existing build (Z77) to an i5 or i7. I really don't know about the video because some people in the comments are saying that their tests were not done correctly or something. :S

Thanks

Tek Syndicate is a pretty reputable fellow. One of the good ones, I would believe him

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

What's your current CPU? An i5 3570K is more than enough for streaming.

Current CPU is a Pentium G2020... :/ I've been stuck with it for a few years. Had a lot of crashes on Windows 7 (PSU problem I think (still need to replace the PSU aswell))

Tek Syndicate is a pretty reputable fellow. One of the good ones, I would believe him

I would to! I love their content but its just the comments are kind of putting me off 

Current CPU is a Pentium G2020... :/

I would to! I love their content but its just the comments are kind of putting me off 

Well there is a red vs blue war going on always. Everyone says Intel is better, but to qoute Linus - 

"Different Applications work better in different cases, lets not fanboy out here".

Intel is good, but if benchmarks say something... Yeah AMD is better in this application.

Also Linus is putting up a guide about a AMD FX build and its uses. The video should be up tomorrow as he teased in todays video. Wait till ten and get his thoughts on it :)

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Current CPU is a Pentium G2020... :/ I've been stuck with it for a few years. Had a lot of crashes on Windows 7 (PSU problem I think (still need to replace the PSU aswell))

An 8350 is a good card for streaming games. It's either that or an i7, and if I were you, I'd just save the money and get the 8350.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/THNVZf

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($244.00 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($51.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($164.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB AMP! Extreme Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Define C TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($104.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Rosewill 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($139.99 @ Other World Computing)
Monitor: LG 32GK650F-B 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($396.99 @ B&H)
Total: $1276.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-12 03:07 EDT-0400

Well there is a red vs blue war going on always. Everyone says Intel is better, but to qoute Linus - 

"Different Applications work better in different cases, lets not fanboy out here".

Intel is good, but if benchmarks say something... Yeah AMD is better in this application.

Also Linus is putting up a guide about a AMD FX build and its uses. The video should be up tomorrow as he teased in todays video. Wait till ten and get his thoughts on it :)

Nice! I will keep a look out for that video! That could be the deciding video for me! haha

Current CPU is a Pentium G2020... :/

Tek Syndicate is pretty FX biased from what I've seen, a 3570k streaming with quick sync would be better than an 8350 (and much cheaper).

You could probably get a 3770k for the price of an 8350 + motherboard anyways.

The only time I recommend an 8350 is when you're mainly video rendering, photo editing, things of that nature or if you already have a decent AM3+ motherboard, which you don't, you have a Z77. I highly recommend against going with an 8350 judging by your current setup.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

An 8350 is a good card for streaming games. It's either that or an i7, and if I were you, I'd just save the money and get the 8350.

I could get an i7 but it would be so much more expensive even with the existing motherboard. 

Tek Syndicate is pretty FX biased from what I've seen, a 3570k streaming with quick sync would be better than an 8350 (and much cheaper).

You could probably get a 3770k for the price of an 8350 + motherboard anyways.

The only time I recommend an 8350 is when you're mainly video rendering, photo editing, things of that nature or if you already have a decent AM3+ motherboard, which you don't, you have a Z77. I highly recommend against going with an 8350 judging by your current setup.

All of the up coming "ports" minimum spec is a i5 2500 so I guess I'm better off going with the i7

Yeah for this specific application 8350 is the way to go, id just wait for one of the sales.

All of the up coming "ports" minimum spec is a i5 2500 so I guess I'm better off going with the i7

Games don't benefit from an i7 over an i5 most of the time if clockspeed is the same, so I doubt we'll be seeing i7 requirements any time soon.

Anyways, if you got an i7, you'd likely never run into any limitations/bottlenecks in the near future. With the 8350 you'll be running into bottlenecks in many games with a ~970/290 or higher at 1080p. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Yeah for this specific application 8350 is the way to go, id just wait for one of the sales.

He already has a Z77 board.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Games don't benefit from an i7 over an i5 most of the time if clockspeed is the same, so I doubt we'll be seeing i7 requirements any time soon.

Anyways, if you got an i7, you'd likely never run into any limitations/bottlenecks in the near future. With the 8350 you'll be running into bottlenecks in many games with a ~970/290 or higher at 1080p. 

I have heard about the 8350 bottlenecks in BF3/4 and some other games. I only have a GTX 750 Ti for now (might get a GTX 960 when they come out). Idk if I would suffer from bottlenecks with my current GPU. I play games like ARMA 3. I have a friend with a 4770k and a GTX 760 and he can stream and play at ultra (or at least very high) settings

I have heard about the 8350 bottlenecks in BF3/4 and some other games. I only have a GTX 750 Ti for now (might get a GTX 960 when they come out). Idk if I would suffer from bottlenecks with my current GPU. I play games like ARMA 3. I have a friend with a 4770k and a GTX 760 and he can stream and play at ultra (or at least very high) settings

8350 is horrible for Arma 3, that's one of the main games the 8350 fails at.

You won't run into any bottlenecks with a 750ti, but you might with a 960, but then again you might not. I'm not sure how the 960 will perform.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

8350 is horrible for Arma 3, that's one of the main games the 8350 fails at.

You won't run into any bottlenecks with a 750ti, but you might with a 960, but then again you might not. I'm not sure how the 960 will perform.

I have seen the specification of the GTX 960 and people were comparing it to the GTX 770 so I guess it is a better GPU that the GTX 750 Ti

He already has a Z77 board.

He can sell it on r/hardware swap or something, get some money for the new board.

since you already have a z77 id recommend the 3570k .it wouldnt be worth it to buy a good motherboard for the 8350 (990 chipset) and the cpu when you can just buy a 3570k.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

He can sell it on r/hardware swap or something, get some money for the new board.

Why go through all that trouble to downgrade?

I have seen the specification of the GTX 960 and people were comparing it to the GTX 770 so I guess it is a better GPU that the GTX 750 Ti

Yea it's supposed to be about the 770, we'll see. If it's $210 you may as well get a 290 though.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Probably wont get a lot for it. I was a very low end board when I bought it but it is compatible with the i5/i7 CPUs so I guess I can just buy an i7 for the price of a FX8350 and mobo. 

in battlefield 4 my fx8350 never goes over 60% usage with a overclocked 280x (slightly lower than a gtx770) . it averages around 40% usage but that is with mantle.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

@Fooshi, you say "without an alternative encoder" why not use Quick Sync? 

@Pahddy

Again I really don't recommend investing into an 8350 if you're mainly gaming and streaming since you already have a Z77 board.

If you didn't have a Z77 board and you would be doing a lot of video editing as well, 8350 might be the better choice, but that's not your situation. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

@Fooshi, you say "without an alternative encoder" why not use Quick Sync? 

@Pahddy

Again I really don't recommend investing into an 8350 if you're mainly gaming and streaming since you already have a Z77 board.

If you didn't have a Z77 board and you would be doing a lot of video editing as well, 8350 might be the better choice, but that's not your situation. 

I will be editing but not extremely intensive editing. Just cutting clips, rendering etc... 

Probably wont get a lot for it. I was a very low end board when I bought it but it is compatible with the i5/i7 CPUs so I guess I can just buy an i7 for the price of a FX8350 and mobo. 

It depends. I'm running this mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157577

with my 8350 and with the rebate it only costs $84. Plus, you can overclock a lot with this board. 

Together with the 8350 it would be like $250. Around the same price or less than a good quality i7.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/THNVZf

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($244.00 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($51.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($164.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB AMP! Extreme Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Define C TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($104.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Rosewill 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($139.99 @ Other World Computing)
Monitor: LG 32GK650F-B 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($396.99 @ B&H)
Total: $1276.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-12 03:07 EDT-0400

If its better or the same then go for the easy option (also prolly wouldn't have to re install OS for drivers). Also just realized that you are from Scotland so you would be harder pressed to sell your mobo/cpu in the uk vs usa